1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big 3 in Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thetatomatis, Jun 26, 2012.

1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Not only did I get to rant on Morey? My position was for big moves to be made by Morey or Morey have pressure on him. Both things happened in this offseason.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I can put a million dollars now that say YOU weren't the only one that wanted this to happen... I mean you think Morey just woke up yesterday morning and said "Hey, you know what, I'm tired of thetatomatis posting about my being replaced so I'm gonna finally get off my ass and go after Dwight and co.!!!!"? If so you've got to be hella narcassistic and need to get real.

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I dont think that way. You know pressure breeds results one way or the other and no it wasnt only me. It was everyone else missing in the seats last year, the radio voices this year, and a few other posters. I would contend and thank them for allowing their voices to reach out to Les Alexander to allow Morey to do his moves. As you say and others? Morey can do nothing without Les's approval to begin with. Les's approval goes by fan outcry as you and others at clutchfans say.

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I would put the fans who hold organizations accountable above those homer fans who allow mediocrity. Those fans are the real fans who want their teams to win. They do matter as much if not more. I want those empty seats to return to filled ones when the Rockets get their big piece. To show appreciation again for the work of trying to actually compete the right way.

2 people like this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i think Howard, Josh Smith, Parsons, Lee, Dragic, with a really good bench, gets you to the playoffs with a chance to contend.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

So now that we got over it. Who wants a big 3? Not just settling for Dwight. I think the Rockets have a good shot at it. I wont be disappointed if they do no do it. It just sounds like a pretty realistic direction to pursue if you first land Dwight Howard. Like Aruba alluded to if you fall short on this lofty goal at worst you end up with Dwight, Josh Smith(possibly), Parsons, Lee, Dragic. Thats a big two and some great role players.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Thank you for explaining who we are. The Les and Morey have got to be always right crowd get on my nerves. What about winning? What about accountability? True fans don't settle for mediocrity, especially when it lasts for what seems like forever.

1 person likes this.
  8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Josh Smith and Dwight, combined with Dragic, Lee and Parsons would be a good enough core to contend. Both players are going to want max deals next summer, and we will have to pay both max salaries since they will be a package deal. Under the more punitive tax system effective for 2013-14, realistically we can only have two max players. With that in mind, Dragic at $10 million per is better value than DWill at over $17 million per.

9. LANIMIRC

LANIMIRC Member

iono if this has been said but **** tyreke evans

10. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

I think you guys forget how good Dwight is. He led a crappy team of just 3-point shooters to the NBA Finals. Add Tyreke/Smith, Dragic, Parsons, Motie.... we could easily contend

11. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Dude, YES!!! Where do I sign for this scenario.

12. 713

713 Member

d12 coming off back surgery soo we are 50/50 about him being the same player

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

OR...

It could be that Morey's first few years here were occupied with trying to build a team around two existing superstars. When their injuries torpedoed that process, he switched to collecting assets that could be parlayed into an elite player -- and he came close a couple of times, being thwarted by David Stern and then Dwight himself. So now, rather than Morey jumping into action because he feels pressure, MAYBE he's just continuing to try to acquire a superstar via accumulated assets.

I'd bet that Morey's own desire to build a championship team (and thereby prove his methodology correct) is a much bigger motivator than pressure from fans or media.

14. caneks

caneks Rookie

LMAO, let's bring in Howard, Lebron and Chris Paul.

15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Thats a good take. I was given some impression lately Les Alexander pulls Moreys strings. Anyhow you could be right. I am all good if it works out good.

16. monster

monster Member

That was original......in 2009.

I have nothing else to say, except Go Rockets!

17. olajuyao

olajuyao Member

someone please phot shop these guys in ROCKETS jerseys for ****$ and giggles! :grin:

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Thanks for the comments guys. The excitement is in the air again around the Rockets.

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

No. I read several times here that Houston builds teams the traditional way and would never seek out a big 3 like that. Houston would never stoop to Pat Riley's level, they are better than that.

20. HPD

HPD Member

Good read. Noted. I'm in a chair by the pool at Marriott seaworld