1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chase Budinger dealt to Minny for #18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThaShark316_28, Jun 26, 2012.

?

Chase Budinger for the 18th pick -- Do you like this deal for the Rockets?

1. YES

850 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. NO

114 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. chief

chief Member

Cbud was drafted late but played as well as anyone iv seen taken 18 maybe with a couple exceptions..but i thought he did well and showed he could play. only if cbud could handle the ball better and create his own shot. i did like cbud but if this had to happen then it had to happen= chip to get us a superstar player or 2...=)

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The truth is we can always make a run to sign Budinger after this season if we need him. This move frees up playing time for Morris and possibly Martin and other picks. I don't see how you don't play a player like Martin during his contract year. Disgruntled vets understand what a contract year means.

This is a Morey move at it's finest and it's similar in a way to Brooks for Dragic.

I would take White who will be picked between 18-21 over Freddette who was the 10th pick last year.

3. cod

cod Member

Without a 2013 1st rounder don't they have to keep one of the 2012 picks?

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

yes... but they could agree to a deal with say sac for our 3 picks for number 5... only send them them 2 than after we draft a player trade him to sac for cash or scrub to "complete" gentlemans handshake trade agreement...

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Didn't see it posted. Hollinger's take:

1 person likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Going to go crazy over here if we trade all of our young players and draft picks for Howard.

I think the Chase pick is a good one. Solid bench player but in this draft I think we can draft someone better at 18.

7. TheRaymond

TheRaymond Member

I have never thought the Deron/Dwight thing was going to happen, until now.

I am really feeling this is a possibility.

8. Asian Sensation

I'm gonna go crazy too. I think it'd be more exciting than when we got Barkley, Pippen, Francis, Yao and maybe even Tmac.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No, not in lalala902102001's scenario where they trade up in the draft. When you are swapping draft picks in the same draft, the times of it works under the Stepien Rule.

10. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We just traded a soft, inconsistent shooter who can't play defense for a mid-first round pick in a deep draft while we have many young SF with greater upside waiting in the wings- how can anybody not like this deal?

11. cocoloco

cocoloco Member

gotta give morey props for the move getting a quality pick for bud. guy takes a lot of flack but still drives on trying to make the rockets better. we will see what transpires in the next days. Gonna miss you man and yes white men can jump!

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I'm sure if it was for Martin then a future first would have been included in the deal. That may be too much for a 1 year rental. ;)

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

well DD is a bit upset...

14. gregas

gregas Member

He was actually forming into a decent player under McHale, but it's still a good deal.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Wow.

This is an amazing deal!

Even if you're a massive Budinger fan, the fact is that he only has 1 year left on his deal anyway. Basically we're giving up a marginal NBA player for a mid first round pick.

Great stuff

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I'm not sure if I would like this deal nearly as much if we weren't just discussing trading Martin for the same thing last night.

17. Rocket_Ninja

Rocket_Ninja Member

Deep Blue does it again..

18. ILoveTheRockets

Morey is sitting back laughing. Minny is loaded at SG/SF, Budinger will be burried in that roster, which will make Morey look even more brilliant with this move.

Can't really ask for much more involving c-bud alone.

19. cod

cod Member

T-Wolves need a SG, Johnson is better suited to SF. T-Wolves save around $5M if they waive Webster before July 1st.

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Wishing my bro @<a href="https://twitter.com/CBudinger">CBudinger</a> luck next year with the timberwolves. Tell Rick I said Whatup</p>&mdash; Courtney Lee (@CourtneyLee2211) <a href="https://twitter.com/CourtneyLee2211/status/217748168446722048" data-datetime="2012-06-26T22:36:23+00:00">June 26, 2012</a></blockquote>