1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford Mock Draft 8.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by J.R., Jun 19, 2012.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

[​IMG]

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

word is that Detroit has made him a promise. not sure if that is true, but it makes a lot of sense. They are looking for a 4 to pair with their center. I think Moultrie is a top 10 talent. He may have the best offensive game for a big in the draft.

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Monroe/Moultrie could make a very effective combo for them.

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

We need to take chances instead of the safe picks, do not want.

5. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

Perry Jones or BUST!

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

FIFY

:cool:

1 person likes this.
  7. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

with a deep roster like the one we have, we dont have the luxury of trading down and getting multiple guys. Although this would be the year to do it. However a team like Wiz, Cats, Pistons, would need more bodies. I say double down. send 4 for 1. I would send Martin for the 18th pic, then send 14th 16th 18th and Llull rights for Beal.

8. JD88

JD88 Member

You have to take Sully if he falls to #14.

The Doc said his back injuries may cut his career short. So what if it cuts his career from 12 years to 9, or 7, or 6 for that matter?

Hes a dominate force in the paint, and he will be for years to come.

9. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

He wasnt that dominate actually. He was a man among boys at Ohio. 280 pounds in college is one thing but in the league he will be another Sean May. I even think May had 2 inches on him and a better defender.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Nearly 300 lbs in college didnt allow Drummond to dominate.

11. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

This is something (trade-back possibilities) that Clutch and I actually discussed, but it didn't make it into the podcast.

If the Rockets can't trade up (or use the picks for a star), if they can get a guy they really like with one of their picks, and if there isn't anyone there at 16 who they really like, then I could see them trying to do one of the following:

--Trade 16 to BOS for 21 and 22
    --Trade 16 to CLE for 24 and either/both of 33 and 34
    --Trade 16 to GSW for 30, 35 and something else
    --Trade back from 16, picking up a later pick plus a 2013 protected first rounder

Then, maybe take a guy like Evan Fournier later in the first round, who the Rockets could possibly stash in Europe for a year or two.

Maybe use a later first round pick to offer New Jersey in order to "buy back" the pick obligation from the Terrence Williams trade.

If the Rockets can get a guy they like at 14, a later pick (late first/early second) who could be a stash pick or end-of-bench project AND either pay off the NJ pick obligation or get a future first rounder, I'll be just fine with that.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris (DC)
    More likely to entice Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak for Pau Gasol: Rockets sending Scola + Lowry or Scola 14 and 16 picks in this year's draft?

Chad Ford (3:50 PM)
    Might be the latter. It's time for the Lakers to add some young blood to the team and I think Rockets would give that up to land Gasol.

. . . .

John (Memphis)
    Where does Draymond Green go?

Chad Ford (3:59 PM)
    Between 16-28. That's a wide range, but Green has been getting some serious buzz of late. I could see a team like the Rockets taking him. They are big believers in advanced stats and virtually all of them point to Green as being one of the Top 10 players in the draft. Don't think he gets past the Heat.

13. Raven

Raven Member

No to Gasol, yes to Meyers.

14. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Trade both 14&16 down to get four late first rounders and "buy back" the pick obligation from Newjersy. Use the remaining 3 late first rounders to pick Quincy Miller, Royce White and Tony Wroten. All three have star potential and are high on Holliger's draft rater. I believe they are the best values in the entire draft if we can get them in 20's.

1 person likes this.
  15. Carl Herrera

If the Rockets can get Gasol without giving up Lowry, you have to do it even if it costs them both picks. This leaves them withnmore possibilities to with moves to be made with Lowry, Dragic or cap room. Maybe they can trade that Dallas future pick and/or a player or cash to pick up another draft pick if they want somebody in the later part of this draft.

I don't think the salary works with only Scola, but you can include Dalembery and have the Lakers waive him.

As for Draymond Green: his stats remind me of Royce White and Chandler Parsons in college, but defense is a worry since he is a small twiner.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Just plain damn scary. if we end up with Gasol on draft night i will ....
    ...well, you get the point. This is not the time to trade all our assets for aging veterans in some misguided attempt to compete next year. Please tell me this strategy is off the table!

This freaking draft is gonna take years off my life; i can tell already.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

@Aruba: Be prepared for disappointment! :p

18. Carl Herrera

Doubt the Lakers do it. Do they really trade one of their few good players for a downgrade plus two rookies in the twilight of Kobe's career?

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't like the Gasol move without the Nene/Hayes/Lin factor, especially after a below par playoffs. The salary is just too much imo.

I'd rather hold out for the Dwight/Deron pipe dream.

20. Carl Herrera

The key with Gasol is to retain flexibility to make other moves to build a team.