1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WEEI] Report: Lakers are committed to trading Pau Gasol

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivenovember, Jun 18, 2012.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I would be pleased with that lineup. Could also go with Gasol, Josh Smith, Parsons, Martin and Dragic. That lineup would score a bunch of points and any Martin defensive deficiency could be schemed around.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

3. Crank

Crank Member

PGasol couldn't get motivated and play aggressive with kobe and Ron artest on the same team. What makes people think he'd get hungry with us? Soft is soft.
    Someone who has his salary ought to be the leader of the team (if we end up getting him.)

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Hell no! Morey would look very silly if he trades for Gasol now that the Rockets are done with him!!

5. AbrahamLincholn

AbrahamLincholn New Member

We should be looking for a trade to get a high draft pick. Beal or Drummond. It could be done because we have so many assets and its as close to a rebuild as Les will let us get. I dont want Pau, and IMO we should look to take our risks on youthful players not huge contracts for unmotivated players.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Not sure why you bring the Knicks into this. The Rockets may trade with the Lakers Lowry for Gasol as the basic pieces. But why would Amare factor into this? I mean, do Lakers fans just want to make things overly complicated for no apparent reason?:confused::confused:

Now whether or not the Rockets will give up Lowry, Patterson, and a 1st round pick, I have no clue. I would imagine it will depend on what follow-up trades the Rockets can do. Especially since that trade will eat up all of the Rockets remaining capspace.

7. delishman

delishman Member

Taking on Amare's contract at this stage would be a huge gamble.. If Les demanded Gasol though.. Why not? Gotta try and make something happen.

8. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

lol nobody wants no damned courtney forston man!!!! he's an unproven player.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gasol is too slow footed nowadays and does not fit the fast modern big man.

Ibaka, Taj Gibson, .......

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Because Scola makes 40% what Amare makes, and I'm 100% certain Les is not going into luxury tax range for Amare.

11. CertifiedTroll

We have Donuts, PPat is MIPY, and Scola can tango.. Go away Gasol

12. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

Let the Lakers die. Lakers suck

13. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

The Lakers view Pau as a Top 5 PF/C. No way they're gonna just take sloppy seconds for him. Since they need a PG, any deal would have to start with Lowry and probably include a key role player or decent draft pick.
    I would rather pass.

14. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

I'll take him for three pennies and a ball o' lint, kiiiddd.

[​IMG]

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Desperate times may call for desperate measures but surely things can't be this desperate...

16. HillBoy

How about 19 million reasons as in his salary? And for that they get to replicate the Lamar Odom experience part deux.

17. HillBoy

Do you honestly believe that McHale will play this guy at center? Hell no, he'll look at Gasol as the second coming of... Kevin McHale. He'll play him at the 4 and have him passing the ball into the post to Robert Parish only Parish won't be there because he's retired so if he's here, I expect to see Gasol commit an awful lot of turnovers especially when McHale has him passing the ball out to Larry Bird, Danny Ainge, Dennis Johnson or Cedric Maxwell. ;)

18. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

It's okay for me to acquire Gasol but we need a defensive presence to pair with him..if we get Henson in the draft, he can be a good PF with length and shotblocking...

19. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

You mean the guy that notoriously played Luis Scola at C?

20. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

thats a bad example. you should have said jordan hill. :grin: