1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Friction between Rondo and Ray Allen

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not gonna lie....I freaking love Rondo. I respect the hell out of Ray Allen. But when I grow up, I want to play PG like Rondo and 2B like Biggio.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

How can a catch and shoot guy have friction with his pass-first point guard? Biting the hand that feeds you, isn't it?

4. amaru

amaru Member

Sounds like the media is trying to make a story where there really isnt one.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Didn't Ray allen already speak out on this? He complained that Rondo didn't ask for advice from him to improve his shooting. Basically said Rondo wasn't using the experience the vets had to offer.

6. 713

713 Member

That would be unfair, if Rondo develops a jumper..all hell would break loose.

7. arjun

arjun Member

in all honesty...nothing makes more sense for ray allen than chicago. when rose gets back they have a chance at making a real run.

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Only trouble is that Rose is out for this season. Can Ray handle survive two seasons? Would he be adverse to taking a year off, then playing when Rose returns?

9. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

They already have hamilton

10. jacoby

jacoby Member

Rondo is a little overrated punk. I'd rather have Earl Boykins run the point than a scrub who only plays well on National TV.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

He's not out for the season. He would likely be back January or February.

12. freeze00up

freeze00up Member

most of the playoffs are on national tv :p

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

Oh, in that case Ray Allen would be a good fit. Although one wonders how much more tread an Allen/Hamilton combo would hold up for.

Personally, if I were the Bulls I'd try to get a guy like Tayshaun to play backup to Deng. They need a backup SF.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

That worked out real well for them. NOT

Allen would help as a stop gap and/or off the bench for them but they need to find a long-term SG, running mate with Rose. Not Bogans, not Brewer, not Korver, not Hamilton, not Butler.

And get rid of Loozer too.

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

What a ludicrous statement. Have you watched a single playoff game? Rondo may be the best player on the Celtics at this point.

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I suspected there were issues - you've got 3 aging first-option stars in their twilight next to a budding young star that was a near scrub when they first got together 5 years ago. It's never easy when roles and prominence shift.

2007 regular season: Allen 13.5 FGA, Rondo 9.3

2012 postseason: Rondo 15.8 FGA, Allen 9.3

I don't see how Allen goes to NY (no money unless Lin walks) or why he would go to MIA (Battier and Miller already catch and shoot back ups) or why Miami would pursue him when they desperately need a backup 4/5

Chicago makes a lot of sense since Rip Hamilton is a has been.

Dallas could call with some change left over from signing Williams (and letting Terry walk)

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

You like PGs who can't hit a wide open jumper?

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I've read a few times in the past that Rondo isn't exactly a workout warrior when it comes to improving his shooting. If that is the issue here, Ray Allen may not be the only Celtics player and organizational member bothered by this.

There's been enough smoke the last 5 years to indicate Rondo is a bigger headache behind the scenes than is let on.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

"I heard that there might've been something...but I'm not quite sure and my sources were not clear...but there maybe was something and it's possibly still an issue...maybe" Brilliant.

20. SPF35

SPF35 Member

he became a catch and shoot after he went to boston, he was always a pure shooter, but he could create his shot, he even played pg and averaged 5+ assists in seattle one year, the guy can do more than what he gets to do in boston he just had to take hte worst hit of the big 3