1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team LeBron vs Team Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Durant v Lebron

1. Lebron

27.9%
  2. Durant

72.1%
  1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Durant because I'm a UT alum. But I like LeBron as well.

2. sbyang

sbyang Member

I'm rooting for Lebron because:

1. I don't hold "the decision" against him.
    2. It's going to take a spectacular performance from him to beat the Thunder. Lebron will have to have 3-4 performances like his game 6 against Boston for the Heat to even have a chance. Rooting for those performances.

3. amaru

amaru Member

I pick the 3rd option: Only the Rockets baby! :cool:

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

I really like Durant and the Thunder. I think Westbrook is an over dribbling ball hog, but he is talented. Really like the rest of their team. I enjoy watching them. I hope they smash the Heat. The Heat are artificial, they are a "manufactured" team. The Thunder are sort of "home grown."

5. supdudes

supdudes Member

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

I like both guys equally. Don't care who wins this, I'm going to watch as an NBA fan.

7. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Sounds like you have outgrown your Lebron obsession. Lebron really seems to have finally understood what he needs to do in order for the Heat to win.

I'm still pulling for OKC b/c I'm a UT alum and they seem to have a Houston team personality. I don't know if that comes from Scotty Brooks or just Presti doing a heck of a job or both but they are (as another poster put it) a homegrown team and miami was formed by the players in order to dominate.

No matter how great Lebron might be, I can never root for that team. Also I don't like Pat Riley.

Props SacTown for paying your debt (with interest) and not being a blind Lebron only fan anymore.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I would root for Durant, but I don't like Westbrooksy

I honestly have no problem with anyone on the Heat's team other than Lebronronronrnon. In fact I want Based Battier to get a ring with like no stats.

9. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

I think as a team Miami will play better and more consistent defense than OKC. Miami also doesn't rely on the jumpshot for stretches, sure they do kick out 3's but a lot of Miami ball is played at the rim. I also think Miami is more likely to steal a game on the road. As much as I don't really like Lebron I would love for him to win a title just so everyone can shut up about him. He receives too much hate for things other players did worst, like Jerry West winning one title in nine finals appearances..

10. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

lol same here. watching the playoffs has been a drag since the only team I really care about is the Rockets. But I'll just root for Lebron since I think he deserves a ring by now, and plus I'm sure he'll give it 110% since they MUST win

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I know it sounds bad but I just want to see LeBron fail and Durant deserves to win

12. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Team Lebron. Although I also like Durant.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Since about his 8th or 9th game at UT, I've followed KD very closely (like no other player in my 40 years of watching basketball). I followed LeBron closely at Cleveland.

KD by a mile.

14. conquistador#11

hmmm the classy humble guy who went quietly into signing his contract, who happens to be an all world talent or the douchie superstar that is the greates ball player to grace the planet of alllll time...just ask him.

Tough choice.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm solidly in LBJ's corner, even if I like KD and his game a lot. LBJ has had to earn being in the finals, he went to Miami to coast around with DWade and Bosh and win not 1, not 2, not 3...but what ended up happening is Wade aged like 40 years in 1 season and Bosh has been the only other consistent force in the team. The end result is he's probably put in 3x what he had to put in Cleveland, he's defending the other team's best player, helping Bosh grab rebs, being the point forward and still becoming the team's first option.

KD is looking like the Dirk/TD of his generation, all steak and very little sizzle. He's humble, works like a mad man and is talented as hell, basically a model NBA superstar. However I feel like he's been spoiled rotten, he's surrounded by multiple lottery picks, making his team kind of like a mini-dream team. Whereas guys like Lebron or KGhad to make do with aging vets and Dleague rejects, KD has had the privelege of running the floor with Ibaka, WB, Harden and even Perkins, all of whom are close to his age and could be considered stars in their own right.

I feel like LBJ had the harder path to the finals, which is why he deserves to win and shut all the haters up.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Both but rooting for Lebron this time around. This probably won't be the last time they meet in the Finals.

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Tough choice.

LeBron - Would like to see him get the monkey off his back, and maybe it will silence some of the critics, but in reality, probably not.

Durant - Seems like a good guy. There is nothing to dislike about him. Easy to root for.

Both have a teammates I strongly dislike in Wade/Fisher.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Just watch greatness. A 3-time MVP v. a 3-time scoring championship. The best all-around player v. the best scorer. A 27-yo in his prime facing a 23-yo entering his prime.

I just want to watch greatness. Whoever wins or loses doesn't matter as long as both guys, and both teams play to their potential.

19. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i generally want the west to whup up on the east but not this year. go Heat!

20. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I'm a UT alum, but I absolutely love Lebron's game. I don't hold the decision or anything like that against him, but I voted Lebron because I think he deserves it.

I think I will be cheering for OKC as a team, but since the question asked about individual players, it is Lebron. Wade has started to grow on my wrong side.