1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Boxing] Pacquiao vs Bradley June 9th

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by s2kboy16, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Prince

Prince Member

Bradley is not as quick as Floyd?
    Bradley has something to lose, he's unbeaten. but yet, he's got everything to gain. if he wins this, he can be big. and i hope if that happens, i hope he fights JMM.

If Manny loses this, there's a bigger chance we see a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. No reason for him to demand 50-50 and Floyd won't be scared anymore.
    those are 2 major hurdles.

2. Asian Sensation

This is a very dangerous fight for Pacman. Especially since he's lost a step. I agree with both points by bladeage/prince.

Looking forward to it.

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Well, he is as quick as Floyd RIGHT NOW, because Floyd is past his prime and also lost a step. But then again mostly any boxer under 147 who is under the age of 30 could be as quick as Floyd is right NOW because of Floyd's age. But of course Floyd makes up for it by using his intelligence int he ring. Anyway, even though Bradley is unbeaten people expect him to lose, him losing won't be bad for him, it isn't going to make him any LESS of a star, because well, he isn't really one right now. This fight will give him exposure and as long as he doesn't get completely manhandled will still help him get good fights and make ok money. Pacquiao on the other hand gains nothing from a win except a few bucks and loses a lot if he doesn't pull out a win.

4. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

If Tim don't run around, this is going to be an epic fight.

5. bladeage

Why the hell would Bradley run around? When have you ever seen him run around?

6. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

same thing said on Clottey.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I thought Clottey had always had the rep of producing ugly/slow fights.

8. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I'm watching the weigh in and Bradley has scary abs. They are about to get wrecked tomorrow

9. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Bradley is not even close to a young Mayweather. Bradley is more like a POOOOR mans Bernard Hopkins( without any power)

He may frustrate and cut Manny Pacquaio with dirty tactics, but he doesnt have the power or pinpoint accuracy to deter Manny to keep throwing more punches like a Mayweather( if he is still the same fighter post jail) can

If you are looking for the next Floyd Mayweather Jr. the best chance is this young 19 year old latino fighter from California named Jose Benavidez Jr.(google him) his boxing guard is very similar to a young Mayweather, and he seems really smart in the ring( still has a long way too go)

Gary Russell Jr. is another, but at most he is probably another Aaron Pryor(which is not a bad thing)

10. SunsRocketsfan

Pacquiao knocks out Bradley in the 4th..

1st round both fighters are going to be pretty tentative as they feel each other out.. There will be an attempt to throw some punches towards the end of the round to see what they are up against

2nd round.. Pacman gets a better feel for Bradley and starts to get agressive.. Bradley is stunned by pacmans speed and power

3rd round.. Pacquiao is on the attack and lands some serious combo's and hurts bradley

4th round.. Pacquaio goes in for the kill.. game over

11. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

146 was suprising for me for Bradley

Mayweather fought at 154( no catchweight) and came into ring at 144 pounds.. crazy

Mayweather is the p4p king, but Pacquaio is right there as well. 1a. and 1b... and then their is everybody else

12. SunsRocketsfan

hmm agree its Mayweather and Pacquiao and then their is everybody else but till these two fight its 1b and 1b and there is no 1a.

13. what

what Member

I really think this is going to be a helluva fight. Bradley is a lot better fighter than people think.

14. jdh008

jdh008 Member

15. bladeage

Clottey didn't even run around, all Clottey has ever done is pretty much stand in front of his opponent and absorb punches on his arms. He doesn't run, he is simply overly defensive. Plus everyone knew the Clottey fight was complete bull****.

16. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

You sound like a filipino.

1 person likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

or have a filipino wife ;)

18. SunsRocketsfan

negative on both fronts.. not a filipino and dont have a filipino wife.. why even make such stupid race based assumptions.. It's like saying all Mayweather fans are Black??? I was a huge Barkley and Dream fan.... guess by that account I'm black now huh??

Only chance Bradley has is if he lands one of his wild punches or catches a head butt.. Well that is if Pacquiao is at the top of his game.. If the Pacman that shows up against Cotto and Hatton and then its game over really fast like my prediction. If its the Marquez III Pacquiao then I'll gladly eat crow.

But a prime Pacquiao is just much better than Bradley.. Watch Bradley's recent fights.. He doesnt have knock out power and he throws and swings wild punches.. so unless he got a lot stronger and improved his boxing skills this is going to be a one sided fight.

19. #1draftpik

#1draftpik Member

anyone has any links?

20. what

what Member

Guillermo Rigondeaux is a beast!