1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey's Dwight Howard Package

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jun 7, 2012.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Where does it get orlando????

They swap howard for a lesser bynum and are still stuck with the same crappy roster and bloated contracts...

They would still be stuck!!!!!! And be worse... it doesnt help them now or in the future...

2. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

I can't wait for draft night! GAWD all of this no we shouldn't/yes we should is driving me up the wall!

Wake me if CH or Bima chime in on this thread.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Very good point. However we can trade the 14th I believe. We just have to have a first round pick this year. Or we can do an end around and make a pick and then immediately trade it. Pick ................a...............n..............d roll!

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It is impossible to say with absolute surety what Orlando wants for Dwight. But like any rebuilding team I imagine that they are aiming for young talent, draft picks and reduced salary.

5. BigMaloe

Which is why i believe lakers isnt the best fit... i dont see them taking on hedos contract and i think thats orlandos biggest concern and sticking point...

If lakers are willing to take hedos contract, than absolutely... but theyre already trying to clear cap to avoid the luxury tax... why would they take hedos contract??

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The lakers are going to be in luxury tax hell for awhile. With the contracts on the books and a resigned Bynum they are looking at a $84 million tax bill for 2013-2014.

7. BigMaloe

Exactly!!!

Why trade bynum for dwight and a shiittty contract in hedo...

They are trying to trade pau to lower cap...(plus kobes antics)

There is no way they take on that extra contract... even with dwight agreeing to resign...

Which is why i dont see orlando trading to lakerland...

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It does seem like to lateral of a move for both teams. For that reason I don't believe it ever happens.

9. ramsandcards

ramsandcards Member

There is no way we get Dwight Howard. I just don't see it happening. Going after Gasol, even if unhappy, is the far likelier possibility.

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

What's left to discuss? I came to the realization that you guys actually believe what you've been posting - that the Rockets can get both Howard and Williams without having a firm commitment from Howard to stay past one year, magically get Howard to sign an extension to stay, still be able to place a competitive team around them and with McHale as the head coach, instantly be the equal of a team the caliber of OKC or the Heat. You are certainly entitled to your opinions but in my mind you have all OD'd on the red koolaid. It's OK to dream but man - this is too much for me.

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Bynum is 25 and a star. If u trade howard for bynum and get to dump hedo contract, you get to rebuild and make the playoffs with a young roster. You then target a guy like harden if u think he's a star in waiting.

Call me debbie downer, but I think a lot of teams have betterpackages even if for rental.gsw,lac,lal,chi,and even brooklyn have either player,picks, or both to get the deal done.jmo

12. BigMaloe

If orlando gets dwight and dumps hedos contract then orlando is ALLL over that..

My arguement is based more on the lakers side... they are not gonna take on hedos contract...

Orlando isnt trading dwight without dunping hedos contract...

13. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

I would show Orlando a list of all of our assets and tell them "Take what ya like!"

14. BigMaloe

You really think the clippers are gonna trade the money machine bake griffin?? Get outta here...

You think the lakers will take back hedos contract even tho there already severly stuck in luxury cap hell?? Get outta here...

Chicago maybe... ill give some wiggle room with this selection... but will dwight sign an extension? If not then bulls say no way... does orlando want boozer? Nope... you could work around noah, deng, gibson but they have no desirable picks... plus do you honestly think chicago will take on hedos contract?? I doubt it...

GSW... theyre as close to being aggressive and risky as us when it comes to rental... but outside of bogut who do they have for trade chips... they wont give up steph curry and bogut... they have a decent draft pick... but i still dont see them on par with us...

What other teams are out there... i can argue this topic for days...

15. BigMaloe

Fixed...

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The real problem is that Orlando will certainly want Parsons, D-Mo, and the 2 first round picks this year. Probably PPat too. Basically all the young talent. I am fine with giving up Lowry, Martin and Scola, which is exactly what they don't want. The young assets are the future of the team. If they are traded and Howard leaves after next season, we will be rebuilding with a bunch of old crap and no first round pick (Brooklyn).

17. BigMaloe

Lowry would still be young and good...

Martin is an expiring...

(Theoretically) dwight would be an expiring...

Dalembert(if picked up is expiring)...

Scola can be amnestied...

So we woild have significant cap space... possibly overpay for harden or someone like that (2013 FA is stacked...

We would suck and be in complete rebuild mode... but atleast wed be off the treadmill...

18. supa

supa Contributing Member

I agree that getting Howard and Williams would take immense luck and the stars aligning. I would say that Howard reupping if we get him is better than 50/50 though.

Look at the big markets salary caps for 2013/2014. The Lakers are in cap hell. The Clippers will be busy resigning Griffin and Paul, with Griffin probably doing an extension before the offseason. The Knicks are in salary cap hell. Brooklyn if they get Deron to re-up are going to have to spend their cap space to keep him around because he is not going through another losing season. Dallas and Atlanta are the only bigger markets he could sign with who would have cap space cause he sure ain't signing in Charlotte, Sacramento or one of those smaller market teams.

#138 supa, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  19. BigMaloe

Dont see why he goes to dallas without dwill there... dirk is gettin old... might be a bigger basketball market but not much bigger of a market...if dwill is there this is were he goes...

Since when does atlanta have cap space? Even with.j.smooth comin off the books i dont think they have the space...

Brooklyn maybe... big maybe... if dwill resigns there he will want to see a significant increase in talent... if wallace picks up his player option he becomes an expiring contract... that would help out alot... if they dont have enough space they could SnT lopez (better something than nothing) to grab dwight...

20. supa

supa Contributing Member

Atlanta only has $34M committed to Johnson and Horford in 2013, they could have the room if they don't re-sign Teague to a crazy amount.

That's why I think if we could pull it off and get Howard keeping him is better than 50/50.