1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Arnett Moultrie have Kevin Durant Potential?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by RealContender, May 31, 2012.

1. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Dumb Comparison

2. denver-rox-fan

Thanks for the info. I agree with you on the SF thing. No reason to mess with that. Physically looks like a perfect 4/5 (in a couple years with a few pounds), and he has big man rebounding skills for sure. I guess the question is is whether he will be able to buy in to making a career banging in the paint. If his interview answers are anything along the lines of "I see myself playing out on the perimeter" I say stay away.

3. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

IF moultrie has KD skills and IF he is even close to KD, he will have every opportunity to showcase it in the pre draft workouts. And if he is the next KD, i promise you he won't fall to us at #14.. so it won't matter..

4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

As far as realistic scenarios, Moultrie and Ross would be my best case for the Rockets picks.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's a pretty bad comparison. Durant moves like a guard with the ball. Moultrie moves more like Rudy Gay, but less handle. He also sets his shot more than KD, so he won't be able to score from the perimeter like KD.

#25 RV6, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Moultrie looks like a 4.

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

relax, I would be more than shocked to find out that Moultrie ever reads this message board so I doubt we have thrust to much pressure on him. :p

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I would be excited about this. I think Moultrie will be a very good scoring Forward or even center at some point.

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Eddie Griffin comes to mind. A not as talented Eddie Griffin at that.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Just another Jordan Hill. Don't want him

11. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Out of all the prospects that are likely to drop to us at #14 Arnett Moultrie is the guy I am the highest on. I will be really disappointed if he is available at #14 and we don't pick him.

I think he can be used effectively as a center. A lot of reports say his weak side defence is deficient however if we can get him to work with Camby he could become special as an inside defender.

Can you imaging him stretching the floor with Scola in the post? As well as making up for Scola's defensive liabilities on the other end of the court?

As for the Kevin Durant potential, he could be a star one day, but I doubt he will win scoring titles or be in the mix for MVP. As for playing the SF, I doubt he has the lateral quickness to guard the faster small forwards.

I would also really like to see him playing next to Marcus Morris, cleaning up the offensive glass or receiving the pass out of the double team for a jump shot.

Can't say enough how high I am on this guy, he really does have a lot of tools and with some work with Camby, Scola and McHale he could turn into an absolute steal at #14. I would even be willing to move up to #11 or #8 to pick him.

12. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Another M Morris experiment?

13. cdastros

cdastros Member

The closest thing to Durant in this draft is Quincy Miller.

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Then it is true, there is no one even halfway close to Durant in this draft.

15. Crank

Crank Member

Nah. Not at all. He doesn't have the athleticism of KD, the shooting range of KD. I've watched film of arnett, he doesnt have the high flying act of KD. His stats against top flight college players aren't impressive. Very big bust potential with me. I'd take Sullinger,Zeller,Henson before him at prospective PF.

16. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

I'm a 27 year old white guy myself, so this is in no way a racist comment, but...

I see a big white Center coming into the NBA and I think to myself "I wonder how bad this guy will be."

I'm hoping and crossing every body part I can that the Rockets don't take Tyler Zeller or Meyers Leonard.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You're smoking!!!!