1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DEBATE!!! Top Centers in the game today

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LCAhmed, May 20, 2012.

1. pacertom

pacertom Member

Centers have sucked for quite a while now. Remember when Brad Miller was an all-star?

Yuck.

Hibbert is a top 5 center and is probably the 4th best Pacer (on some nights he is great, though).

Which brings the dilemma on what to pay him- relative to other centers, or relative to his overall ability?

The ridiculous dollars tossed at Nene, Marc Gasol, and Tyson Chandler show that pay will be based relative to other centers.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

I think Cousins and Monroe will be on another level than Asik. One thing I will say is Detroit is better suited moving Monroe to PF and finding a real Center. Monroe is definitely more of a PF than a C.

Funny thing about the Pekovic and Love thing is Minnesota could have drafted Demarcus Cousins instead of Wes Johnson. Pekovic had some very good games against Cousins and Howard. Hopefully he can keep it up next year.

3. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Such a shame Yao and Oden had to go down. I hope Bogut can have at least 5 injury free seasons to really challenge Bynum for the number 2 title. (no one comes close to Howard)

Like what I see from Hibbert, Monroe and Cousins. Cant wait to see how Jonas and Drummond turn out next season.

CAnt wait to see what Davis and Drummond turnout like

4. jbasket

jbasket Member

5. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

I think Bynum is better than Howard in the sense that Bynum can actually use a post move.
    When Howard learns how to post up than he will be the best in the league.

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

There is no mamby pamby in Camby!

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Do you guys think Enes Kanter is going to be any good? Also I've noticed Nobody mentioned Al Jefferson.... Is that because everyone is under the same understanding as me that he is a PF?

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Demarcus Cousins will be at the top of the list with in the next few seasons, mark it down. His size and low post game are unparalleled in today's NBA. Not to mention that, in his second year, he put up better numbers then Dwight did in his second year.

Also watch out for Derrick Favors, Utah plays him alot at the 5, and the kid is very effective, not to mention has immense talent. Dwight Howard(esq) talent.

9. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Dwight
    Bynum
    M.Gasol
    Bogut
    Hibbert

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Top centers in the game today are absolutely pathetic.

They are there by default because all the good centers finished playing in the 90s.

11. VBG

VBG Member

OH WAIT ILL COMPARE SOMEONE AS A ROOKIE TO SOMEONE IN THEIR PRIME AND USE IT AS ACCURATE REPRESENTATIONS OF THEIR OVERALL PRIME GAME.

Weep. Yao dominated a young, even less refined Dwight.

Context is important. Next thing I know, someone will say Derek Fisher > Steve Nash because of RINGZZZZZZZZ

12. donnie25od

donnie25od Member

13. Asian Sensation

1) Dwight Howard
    2) Erick Dampier

Everyone else.

14. jbasket

jbasket Member

Of course context is important. Then look at the most recent games, when Yao had already been injured and Howard was averaging his prime numbers of 20 and 13 (estimated). Yao still outplayed him. And if we are going into hypothetical situations, Yao never really hit his top potential prime; but he did average 25 pts per game in an injury plagued season. It isn't even close who won the matchups.