1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hope "The Association" will be about Rockets next season...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by allanivan, May 17, 2012.

1. allanivan

allanivan Member

Man, I've been watching all these Denver Nuggets "The Association" documentary clips, and I really hope the NBA can have one for rockets this up-coming season because Stern owns us something?:confused:(Basketball reason). Well, I just want to learn more about our team.
    I think it was Celtics, Lakers, and Nuggets for the past three seasons, and the next possible one should be OKC. However, I still want to keep my hopes up!!!

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Spurs would be fitting.

3. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Morey probably wouldn't allow it - keeping our inside information secret is too much of an a$$et.

4. jacoby

jacoby Member

I think it'll be the Pacers.

5. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Will definitely be a playoff team. No way it'd be us unless we somehow managed to sign Howard or D-Will.

I could see Indiana being next year's, especially if they beat the Heat.

6. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Don't think the rockets would be your opportune ticket for drama:

1. Haven't seen much real success lately
    2. Don't really have anything resembling a star that people outside of the greater Houston area would want to follow
    3. For better or worse, don't really have any players with interesting personalities that would be potential for drama.

In other words, we'd probably be one of the most boring locker rooms in the League not named the Raptors. And for the most part, Houston fans already know for the most part how the story ends every year...

7. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I would love for it to be Houston or OKC - but, neither GM would allow it.

If Dallas is successful in a big offseason move, they would be my guess.

8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Watch it be the Miami Heat. Even if they lose to Indiana. Talk about Drama

9. hoyarocketsfan

You don't think Morey would allow it? He never shies away from attention and being on TV could add a little sexiness to our franchise. Plus, probably Alexander's call, and you gotta think he'd see the $ potential there.

10. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I think Morey would allow it once he had a team built, but at the moment it is just feels like a bunch of assets ready to be shipped.

11. hoyarocketsfan

That's where we get the drama! An Association about the Rockets would be like the 24 of sports reality tv. You never know who they are going to kill off next, constant exchanging of characters, only 1 driven but questionably moral protagonist remains at the center (Morey).

The Association episodes around the trade deadline when they got Javale were some of the most interesting. It would be like that every week.

1 person likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wouldn't even watch that. It'd be boring as hell.

13. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

A little off-topic, but it's funny this was posted today, because I saw on NFL TV this afternoon that the Texans (and Redskins) were not interested in being showcased on Hard Knocks (HBO)... this was what it said on the ticker at the bottom.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

I want to see the Kings on the Association- that be funny.

15. AFS

AFS Member

Bobcats or Wizards would be pretty entertaining. It'd be like a basketball version of The Real World

1 person likes this.
  16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This.
    Our team is mediocre. There is no story, no drama, no content. We're the average joes of the league.

17. TheresTheDagger

Chicago or Miami are up next. Count on it.