1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dont get Why People Hate Tracy Mcgrady Now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roadmatter, May 16, 2012.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

First thing I read: "I'm not trying to STAR this thread again" :confused:

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I will announce my micro-fracture surgery to the Spurs forum instead of ClutchFans and see how you like that. :eek:

3. hahachui

hahachui Member

Although I hate the way how he left rockets, I like his game.
    He brought us many good memories.

4. MostLoyalFan

MostLoyalFan Member

it's as simple as one minute and fifty-two seconds...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TjbkXewxlGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

T-Mac's cool. Not nearly as cool as Scottie Pippen of course. But then again, nobody's as cool as Scottie in a Rockets uniform.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You would know, you are always living in the past.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Living in present where it's like the past. Second round of the playoffs and the usual suspects are playing and the usual suspect is fishing

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

... so you are acknowledging he is part of Rockets history. That whole 2000 team of the decade won nothing, if the second round is a consolation prize. Guy was injured. Rockets history was not spectacular lately but folks are still believing.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

He's an Atlanta hawk now.
    yet his inferiority complex fans still want real rockets fans to prop him up like they do.
    he was never close to any of the legends. He never accomplished anything like them. He burnt bridges with the fans and the team.
    you know this.
    History knows this.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is........ but not the only one... owner burned bridges with one or the other coach, and the GM treating players like assets... as long as it works.... but the results are mixed, mostly average.

I am just saying there are still fans here that can forgive maybe not forget so these threads will keep coming out of nowhere.
    Apparently you are here to tell who are the real fans and who are not.
    To me every one of them is a Rocket fan as real as they come trotting down the path of mediocrity with the team.

11. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

I wish one day I could come into one of these McGrady threads and find everyone on the same page....posts and posts ridiculing the OP, with not one even faint rationalization on why McGrady is a piece of ****.

Just a complete bombardment of ridicule and shame aimed at the OP....

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

OP meant that he's not trying to be the main point in this thread, because obviously tinman will take that spotlight.

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Why are McGrady threads allowed in the GARM? These eye soars should be in the NBA league section.

14. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

A lot of Rockets fans are bitter and that bitterness has brought out their inner hater and they run with it when it comes to others that they think did them wrong.

15. hoyarocketsfan

Because only Rockets fans hate on former players who didn't have playoff success for the team and left on bad terms? It's too easy to dismiss haters for having some bitterness in their own lives that invalidates their criticism.

You may be right that the more bitter fans can have more vitriolic criticisms about former players, but, as others have said, that doesn't mean they are wrong in saying that McGrady messed up in the way he handled things as a Rocket.

For me, bottom line, Tmac was someone who loved the positives of being a superstar athlete but didn't want any of the, admittedly unfair, burdens. The Stephen A. Smith interview to line about fans getting Heinekens is case in point.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Worthless thread. Lock it up and rookify the poster please.

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It's kind of ironic, how irrelevant the Rockets have been since he and later Yao Ming, left the team.

We hear how posters say Yao Ming never fulfilled his potential and was often injured, sometimes listed as overrated, while T-Mac was only looking out for #1 and threw everyone under the bus and etc ( I have to say T-Mac should've taken some of that onus, but our team did not necessarily handle that situation as well, either) Yet, at least they were realistically all-league players and for the most part were world-class competitors. At least, we got to the playoffs and competed with those two or one, sometimes. It's also funny how networks actually felt comfortable with putting us on TV versus the team now. Honestly, can you blame them for not putting the Rockets on TV.

I'm going to insult some of our current players and prospects for saying this. They are either nothing, but bandages on a deep, gushing flesh wound or they are simply just scabs that are waiting to fade away.

There's nothing unique or special right now about our team, I love how people keep pretending that our players are this good and that good, yet they couldn't even beat out a team for the playoffs who practically got blown out in every single playoff game. Yet, I am supposed to believe that this team has a couple of superstars lying in waiting to burst on the scene, especially with Morris and Motiejunas. Like, we have some secret player that rest of the league has never scouted or seen play before.

Some posters thought Kevin Martin was the missing piece at one time, now he's not good enough (disgruntled from the trade, probably after team gave him his word, he wouldn't be traded). Kyle Lowry was supposed to some, top 5 point guard worthy, yet he's been offered up in every ridiculous trade posters on this board can come up with.

It's fair to say, that the Rockets might have a bad reputation around the league, if that is the case, things may not change until we have a new front office enters the building.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Tracy McGrady has been irrelevant too, except for some TipJar bets and some desire of his legion of Jungalos to watch him try to be on a team to actually advance in the playoffs.

You can criticize them for how they moved on, but don't act like we let LeBron James go.

At least we don't have to worry about the constant DNPs and health situations toward the later of his career.

Yeah we were on TNT lots of times. When Charles said we'd lose in the first round, everyone acted like he insulted their moms. He was right.

The Rockets moved on from Steve Francis, they moved on from Tracy McGrady. Time to keep moving forward.

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Seconded! It's 2012 - why are the Rocketsheep still whining over MeMac?

20. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

What about him is not classy? Maybe I was blinded by the fact that I loved the guys game, but I never really considered him a classless guy. I understand WHY people say he is always unengaged in games, but I think it was just his demeanor, he didn't really show his emotion much. As a fan you want your players to be motivated, we assume he wasn't motivated because he didn't show his emotion. I don't think that's fair.

Yao Ming deserves just as much hate as McGrady, but he'll never get it. He was injured just as much, if not more, and he didn't get out of the first round until pretty much his last season.

I don't think either of them deserve hate. They were disappointing overall, but they both gave us a lot of great memories.

Some people just think they know everything, surprise Tinman, you don't.