1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry's Trade Value

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RealContender, May 12, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is why i think they should aim to trade Lowry for a pick in the 8-11 range. They would have a better chance if they were to take that route.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Right, but that was a team in need of a starting PG, or better PG depth. There are going to only be a handful of teams that will be in that situation this summer as it seems right now.

At least ones that have the cap space or assets to bring him over in trade. That excludes teams like Miami, LAL, NYK, & Orlando seeing as though they have nothing to offer in trade, and cannot take on someone like Lowry without giving up a large contract.

I definitely think Lowry can fetch the Rockets a lottery pick in this years,or better yet next years draft(would very much consider taking a chance at trading him for a lottery unprotected pick in the next year or two), but the question is how many buyers do we have of interest, and where do we draw the line on what we are willing to accept below real value vs. market value?

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I just mentioned it below, but Im thinking the better deal might be to trade him for a lottery unprotected future pick. Think about the players they are going to get at 8 or 10 vs. what they are getting at 14 & 16. I just dont see that much of great appeal outside of the top 6 or 7 IMO. Perry Jones is intriguing and Lilliard & Marshall will be quality PG's, but I just dont see a transformative franchise player at or around that spot.

Now, if you get a future pick you really have a much greater chance at striking gold or having an excellent trade piece in February which is where Morey tends to do his best trading.

You also have a chance at trading with a team like say Minnesota that has a breakout year and that pick turns into well... the Knicks pick of this year. However, the Knicks pick must have had immense trade value before March of this year.

Anyways.. its just an intriguing thought.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Because Lowry and Brooks were also "long-term pgs" for us.

5. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Fairwheather fans.....

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Nobody is saying he has no trade value. He just doesn't have elite trade value.

He was playing like an all star early, but he fell off . He was still no doubt a great player, just not playing at an all star level.

And people don't really want to trade Lowry. But its him or Dragic, and we don't get anything if Dragic walks, while we can trade Kyle for something good. It's more about contract status. If Kyle were a FA and Dragic under contract I would feel differently.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

FIFY.

Most people that feel this way just want the team to keep the best player.

No one HATES any player, they just want the one that will help the team going forward.

Dragic is that guy, hands down.

DD

8. Garner

Garner Member

I don't know how it is so hands down.

Next to Paul milsap, Lowry is on one of the most valuable contracts in the league. If we get Dragic onto something similar, there will be less of an argument out of me, but that remains to be seen.

9. Onepaks

Onepaks Member

Lowry and our 14 and 16 to Portland

Portland's pick via brooklyn to Houston. If it lands outlet side if top 3.

Fair?

10. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

When the Thunder get eliminated from the playoffs because of wild PG play, the Rockets should hit up OKC with a Lowry, 2 first round draft picks, and their pick of the litter of scrubs on our roster for James Harden. At the very least, this is a step in the A (the right) direction.

11. thekad

thekad Member

If the Rockets wanted to get into the Top 5, they shouldn't have thrown away the season trying to get swept out the first round by the Spurs. Teams would rather go for a home run with their lottery pick than trade for proven talent.

12. hahachui

hahachui Member

Lowry alone could net us a fifth or sixth pick I guess.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not now. He has to prove it over a whole season that he is a 16 pt 5 rb 8 ast player

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think he has proven enough. Teams already know what they are getting with Lowry. A starting caliber point with good perimeter shooting.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To the Rockets he has... but to other teams..
    This league is full of good PGs for real

Did you not watch Conley and Lawson? More and more are being drafted.

16. hahachui

hahachui Member

I wont trade Lowry for 11-14 pick
    High risk Low return

may be we just sign another MM....

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You have to trade Lowry or Dragic won't re-sign...

It is an either or situation.

DD

18. WNBA

WNBA Member

we will only trade Lowry (or martin) when he is expiring or injured or his stock is at all time low.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think Lowry's trade value is about what Shane Battier's was several years ago when we gave up the #8 pick -draft rights to Rudy Gay, to aquire him (Lowry may even have a bit more value because the PG position is so important).

Regardless, Lowry could net us as low as Portland's #6 pick, depending on how deep they think the draft is, and what their board looks like.

20. Red&BlackPudman

I'd like to see Lowry and our 14th pick get traded to move as high as we possibly can.