1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq has been entirely too dominant for the last three years.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Williamson, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I just mentioned this a bit in the thread about Jason Kidd, but the other day I was talking to a friend about it and we basically came to the conclusion that you could hypothetically put Shaq on damn near any team in the league and on paper they'd probably instantly be the favorites to win the championship. There are just a few examples of teams that it probably isn't true for.

So for fun we threw his name into the rosters on various teams in the league and you tell me if these teams don't all suddenly sound terrifying with just that one name added to their roster.

Also, these aren't in order at all:

Boston Celtics: Shaq, Antoine Walker, Paul Pierce- unstoppable.

Washington Wizards: Shaq, Stackhouse, Jordan? I don't like them.

New Orleans Hornets: Shaq, Baron Davis and a whole lot of tough roleplayers like PJ Brown and Jamal Magloirre. You can't tell me any team in the east can beat this team now.

Atlanta Hawks: Shaq, Glenn Robinson, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Jason Terry and Theo Ratliff backing up the big man. That's a tough squad. Is there enough ball for all of them, probably not, but on paper it sure will scare you.

Miami Heat: ok, they'd still suck. Shaq can't fix this team. hahahaha

New York Knicks: If you get McDyess healthy, throw in Shaquille O'Neal and then get a decent year out of either Sprewell or Houston and this team could actually be tough.

Indiana Pacers: Two big mean O'Neals, Reggie Miller, Ron Artest and all those talented youngsters. Nobody could beat that team. Seriously.

Detroit Pistons: Shaq, move Ben Wallace to power forward then throw in Rip Hamilton and that mean defense they play in detroit and this is one hell of a tough ball club.

Chicago Bulls: Eh, they'd still suck. By the time they'd be good Shaq would be retiring.

Utah Jazz: Shaq, Karl Malone, John Stockton. this team might not have much of a future but they'd kick your ass today.

Minnestoa Timberwolves: KG and Shaq. I think it's enough.

Denver Nuggets: Ok, they'd still suck too.

Portland: Shaq, Rasheed Wallace, Scottie and all the rest of those under achieving pot head criminals. They'd probably suck because this team has some serious issues, but on paper they sure would look mean as hell!

Golden State Warriors: I don't know that they have enough depth to be worth a damn even with Shaq, but Antwaun Jamison, Jason Richardson, Troy Murphy and Gilbert Arenas they'd have a nice starting line up.

Milwaukee Bucks: Shaq, Ray Allen, Sam Cassell? enough ball? maybe not but try to tell me you want to play them in a best of seven?

Seattle Supersonics: Shaq and Gary Payton? Not to mention guys like Rashard Lewis and Brent Barry. Again, I don't want to see my team play these guys in a best of 7.

Los Angeles Clippers: Shaq, Elton Brand, Lamar Odom (the week he isn't hurt), Andre Miller and all the talented young guys they got? I don't like it at all.

Orlando Magic: I'm pretty sure it would be the same story as in Los Angeles, just substitute TMac for Kobe. oh but no, Grant Hill too (if he stays healthy). Ouch.

Toronto Raptors: Same story as in Los Angeles but substitute Vince Carter for Kobe.

Philadelphia 76ers: Substitute AI for Kobe.

Phoenix Suns: Shaq, Shawn Marion, Stephon Marbury, Penny Hardaway, Amare Stoudamire- not enough ball maybe, but if they do play together, good god.

Houston Rockets: Shaq would be the best back up center ever!
    Yao, Steve and Cuttino! Who would miss Kobe?

Sacramento Kings: They would have went to the Finals if Shaq wasn't stopping them last year so obviously if Shaq was on their roster there would be no stopping them.

Dallas Mavericks: Oh my lord. It hurts to think about. Needless to say, Shaq would be an upgrade to Shawn Bradley.

Cleveland Cavaliers: Shaq, Ricky Davis, Dajuan Wagner, Darius Miles- it doesn't sound too bad at all. The don't have any back ups but I bet they'd still make the finals.

Memphis Grizzlies: Shaq, Gasol, Gooden and four or five good young players with no playoff experience but who cares? Maybe they can't beat the Kings or the Mavericks, but hell, who knows if the Lakers can this year either.

New Jersey Nets: I don't even want to think about Shaq and Kidd on the same team. Kenyon Martin along side of Shaq? I don't want to drive. Richard Jefferson and Kerry Kittles? I don't like this idea at all.

San Antonio Spurs: I don't want to think about Shaq and Tim Duncan being on the same team either. Actually, I'm not going to think about this.

basically, not even the cavs, the warriors or the grizzlies sound too bad if you put Shaq on the roster. It's ridiculous. If your team still sucks after you put Shaq on the roster, it's definitely time to rebuild. (I'm looking at you Miami!)