1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Go TMAC!!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by typhooonn, May 10, 2012.

1. sew

sew Member

Zero chance Nash goes to Atlanta.

2. RJoc5onJr.

RJoc5onJr. Member

lol, probably true. wishful thinking.

forgot the biggest problem though, change the coach. Larry Drew sucks.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They signed Curry because they don't have a post player.

McGrady doesn't bring anything that they don't already have with LeBron and Wade. Even having those two is a questionable fit, so why would they want an unreliable, old McGrady on top of that?

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Hawks goofed badly when they resigned Joe Johnson. His game is just eroding away and there's not much left but volume shooting. Crazy to think that at one point he could give you a nice 22-6-5 and be something of a playmaker. 4 years from now they'll STILL be on the hook to the tune of $25M. I don't think they can afford to amnesty him - the owners don't have pockets that deep that they can justify a ~$90M write off. If anyone looks like an amnesty cut to me, it's Marvin Williams.

I'm not sure what they can/should do. The team's too good to completely tear down for draft picks, but how do you rebuild around Horford with Johnson still there?

I think the best they can do is move Smith out on draft night for picks, a rookie contract, and salary filler. Who knows, maybe we do qualify, with the Knicks + Dallas picks and Dalembert's waivable deal. Obviously need to add someone else like Lowry. Not pushing for it, but I'm not sure who else can offer a similar package. Would Portland want to put Smith next to Aldridge and give up their lottery picks? Hornets? I don't see Boston working out as a trade partner, even though it would make some sense.

Bulls and Heat turned him down. Heat didn't even bring him in. Ditto for the Lakers.

Atlanta was as much of a contender that he could find willing to offer him a role.

Interesting thing about McGrady - he's never been on a second contract for any of the 5 teams he's been on. Makes me wonder who's next on his tour, assuming he doesn't hang them up.

5. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

GO TO MIAMI TMAC! Way better option than Mike Miller.

6. VBG

VBG Member

They took Jerry Stackhouse last year.

7. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

I think Miami will give him a chance next year. He did score like 15 in the fourth against them this year. I think they just didn't believe he had anything left in the tank. Lebron even praised him this year. If I were Tracy though I would hang em up if Heat,Lakers,Celtics, Bulls,Thunder etc don't want him. I think the Heat would be best for him though, He's better than Miller, Battier and brings more to the table. I don't know why people say he doesn't play defense. I literally only saw him get scored on one time throughout that series and it was a turnaround by Garnett.

8. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Nash on the Hawks would make them soooo much better I bet. Teague isn't a playmaker

9. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

He got beat off the dribble a few times, but when you have Dampier (big body) and Horford, or even Smith, to clean up, it's not as noticeable.

They put him on Allen, Pierce, Garnett and he didn't do bad on any of them, his length allows him to close out without having to move around much.

Battier is a better 3 pt shooter, McGrady needs the ball in his hands to be effective, that's the player he is, he isn't a good spot up shooter. I don't think he would do well with the Heat.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Didn't the hawks got to the second round every year for the last three years?:rolleyes:

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tmac should go to China like Marbury.... He'll most definitely get out of the 2nd round even

13. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

go TMAC!!!, go HOME.