1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Make Hobby Airport International Petition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da1, Apr 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. da1

da1 Member

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure if clever is the word in as much as blunt. I'm sure clutch could send a petition based mailer like this for any topic. In fact I wouldnt be surprised if there was mailer petitioning software.

I find it funny when a corporation tries to promote a cause and make it 'of the people' when it's clear their intention is financial. It's like they southwest really cares about the people hooray and get this sort of ignorant support. I see google try to be some champion for free rights when they are making cash off of ads on pirated videos. It's like yeah google cares about freedom on internet and the 'people'!! Umm this is about stockholders.Is was and always will be. If you send an email for Southwest, good for you but what is Southwest about? You? haha Soutwest,google, corporations care. Yee haw!!

1 person likes this.
  3. HombreDeHierro

yeah its financial but its good for the city.

where do we live? the city. If the city is better then our lives our better

4. HombreDeHierro

ARE**

5. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

Also let's be clear... no one has a problem with Southwest flying international routes out of Houston from Bush. The question is whether or not Houston has one or two international airports. Southwest is based out of Dallas. Do they fly international routes out of Love Field? If having two international airports in one city is a good idea, why aren't they fighting for that in their home city?

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

are you a communist. far be it for me to go to the capitalism card, but i don't understand your complaint. houston is a big ass city. why would it be ignorant for people to support more intl flight options. do you know who the biggest opponent to letting southwest fly intl out of hobby. i'll give you a hint, its another business in the same business.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i know dallas is intl, but do you have any idea how many people go to and from central and south america and houston?

8. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Southwest can either chose to fly intl routes out of IAH or they can ask COH to pay a crap load of tax money to renovate and staff a new facility so you can save $100 on a ticket.

Where are all the smaller government folks complaining about adding dozens of government employees? Oh yea, it's to support a big corporation so it'll get overlooked.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

and some people post stuff just to be anti corporation. southwest flies out of hobby, what is the big deal about asking them to expand the airport for international flights?

edit: and really what is wrong with them making your flights cheaper?

#9 pgabriel, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Hobby is a great airport. One of my favorites in the USA.

11. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I'm not sure how much I care since I have really heard too much about the numbers.

I am just pointing out the hipocracy about the tea partyers but not hearing a peep about this. This will cost our government a lot of money (your taxes) so you can save a few bucks. So if it's your tax money, are you saving anything?

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great, now we can get that high speed train between Houston, Dallas and San Antonio too, right Southwest Airlines...that would be ok with you too, right?

DD

13. kona-

kona- Member

Hmmm, Well they fly out of Love Field. Love field was given a restriction called the "Wright Amendment". A senator did not like the fact that when Dallas built DFW, southwest refused to relocate to the new airport. So he put in this rule that says that no airline flying out of DAL can fly to any city beyond the borders of Texas. Meaning that southwest must fly to a state that touches Texas.

This is why they cant fly international from DAL. And lets face it, Southwest is a airline that actually treats its customers as guest and not cargo... Every business in trying to make money. Dont hate them because they are trying also.