1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

whats with all this lowry hate?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by n8dagr8, Apr 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

When was Lowry "beaten out", when did he pout about it and when was he benched?

Lowry has been nothing but professional and a hard worker in a Rockets uniform. It is pretty insulting to insinuate or pontificate otherwise.

I can understand wanting Gogi over Lowry, but I cannot understand or tolerate the disrespect shown to someone who has worked his ass off and played well for this team *every single possession*.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I dont think there is really hate for Lowry..just that there is an opportunity to get better via trade...you have to give up something to get what you need...The Rockets need a star...Lowry's stock is at an all time high with the Rockets...The Rockets should look to move a piece like Lowry so that teams will bite on a young efficient PG like Lowry...but in order to trade a player like Scola who has a big contract..you got to make the receiving team forget about the contract details...and focus on the youth they get in return...Lowry sadly is a really good trade bait

3. inishi

inishi Member

Don't hate Lowry, but i would much rather get something in return for him and keep a comparable ( possibly better ) pg in dragic, than let dragic walk for nothing.

4. JonesDaddy

JonesDaddy Contributing Member

I still hope we find a way to keep both PGs and Lee as a 3 guard rotation.

However, if Howard/Bosh/etc were available on draft night, I don't think Lowry is as untouchable as at the deadline.

I have questions about both players though:

Is Goran's style of play sustainable for an entire season?
    IIRC, after his season ending triple-double last year, I remember several Suns fans stating that Dragic's inconsistency was his downfall in Phoenix.
    There is also the question of price.

With Lowry, you are getting great bang for your buck, but he's the only one of the two that is eligible for draft day deals. (I think HOU will offer both 1rsts this year, the future Dallas 1rst, and almost anyone on the roster for Dwight. Missing the playoffs will just increase how much we are willing to pay to rent D12.)

The curiosity about Lowry stems from the lack of information about his bacterial infection. Obviously it got to a point where he had to be hospitalized, but how long had it been affecting him? He started the season on a tear and then seemed to hit a bit of a wall. General fatigue or the start of the infection? Or did the fatigue weaken his immune system and help the infection?

Both players put up great numbers for portions of the season. What is real and what is a mirage?

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pent up frustration of having to eat crow. For whatever reason, many folks on this board just don't like Kyle Lowry. Short term memories... :)

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You must not have been following the end of the year bits much.

He got beat out by Gogi, he didn't like not finishing games, b****ed and moaned about it, argued with McHale and got benched with the org saying they brought him back to early.

DD

7. DaDakota

Nah, he is a good player, so is the other guy, I just prefer PGs who can beat their man off the dribble it adds an extra dimension to the offense.

DD

8. Bball_Gill

Bball_Gill Member

I don't know if one needs to insinuate. After not joining the huddle the Chronicle published a story about a "rift" between McHale and him. Then there is the dodge ball incident with the female ref, charges filed, etc. Maybe he was not wearing Rocket Red at the moment, but hardly the model of professionalism.

Your description of Lowry's all out effort made him my favorite Rocket, but the shine kind of comes off the apple when you witness his total quit on defense right before the huddle incident. With no Dragic, you are inclined to try to work things out, with him, you might look to strengthen the team by dealing him.

9. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

To all the people saying there's no hate: You guys see all the blame he took for the losing streak??

10. DaDakota

By stupid people, it was not his fault, but him coming back did screw up the chemistry.

Again, not his fault, just circumstances.

DD

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Pretty much. I don't see anyway the rockets trade lowry with dragic being ufa. All the wishful chatter about charlotte or some other team giving up a high lotto pick for lowry is just that. Even the dumb teams aren't doing that.

Lowry just needs to get back to playing basketball and stop whining so much. What happened to him this year is like a photocopy of brooks the year prior. You can see a different attitude in them the year after playing well. Dragic will have suitors as a starter and there is no way I see morey trading lowry before he has dragic secure. I also don't see any way dragic doesn't see what's on the open market for him. It would be unfair to him and his family if he didn't. Of course guys say they want to be here,but he also said he wanted to start. Teams like portland,utah,phoenix,and maybe even nj could really use a guy like dragic. The rockets could use him also,but if lowry is here,I don't see him staying.

12. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

He got sick, he is a competitor and they did bring him back too early.

And what's with the guy bringing up the incident in an off season pickup game to try and prove that Lowry was not a professional this season?

Definitely hate.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Might sound stupid but Dragic played backup for Nash and learned a lot of stuff from him. For Lowry he was a backup for brooks and he kinda didn't learn anything from him

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

hmm. if your looking at a pure basketball perspective tell me how Lowry is a higher ceiling than Dragic? Dragic is taller, more athletic, more creative...

15. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Your statement: but I cannot understand or tolerate the disrespect shown to someone who has worked his ass off and played well for this team *every single possession

first off who in the world do u think u r to come to a public forum and say you dont tolerate the comments being made. If you dont want to put up with it then leave. Dont read or post anything, go away.

second. Every single possesion with lowry turns into a bit:grin:hin session with the refs. If you appreciate that, then so be it but i dont and thats why i dislike him

16. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

You're all going to be disappointed again if you think we're gonna go with Dragic over Lowry. Not exactly good prognosticators, these ones.

17. thekad

thekad Member

Extremely vocal minority.

Lowry is the better player, but the circumstances (Dragic is unrestricted, Lowry is signed) mean it's a lot more likely Lowry is traded.

18. Hball

Hball Member

We have loss more games with goran starting, which is why Im on board with getting rid of lowry.

19. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

It's that simple, right?!

No.

20. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I dont think its hate as much as disappointment. Clearly he worked his ass of during the off season. After his bargain contract was signed remember. With that bacteria infection he pretty much lost what he worked for.

He will be back.