1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Would You Like a Little Parsons with That?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Apr 23, 2012.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Crap!!!!!;):p

2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Parsons isn't valuable because of his offense, it's his defense and knowledge about the game. This guy is basically a better version of Shane Battier.

Parsons won't ever be the best player on any team, but he'd probably be the most valuable....if that makes sense. He has the starting SF spot locked up for the next 10 years.

3. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

I'm very curious to see how Parsons responds to the inevitable downs next year when he'll be asked to carry a bigger load of the playmaking; by all scouting reports on him, confidence is a major issue, and when he suffers the inevitable sophomore slump, will he be able to come out of it stronger, or will it consume his game like Bud last year and Pat this year.

I really don't think his trade value is very high right now; the single most important thing the Rockets could do is to lobby for him getting on an All-Defense team in 2013; once you're on that list, you're likely to remain on it by reputation alone for years. I really hope that he ends up in the Jared Dudley/Shane Battier class of player when it's all said and done; great citizen, total winner, and signed to a contract that pays them less than what they're really worth, because they're not flashy, or have great box-score stats.

4. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Parsons is a Battier type player, of course you trade him if it gets what you need. Glue guys are hard to come by but they don't do you much good without a few marquee players to complement. Parsons is a damn good basketball player but no all-star.

5. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I love Parsons, but wow, some of you guys are going way overboard... What is it with this place and extremes. (Although I guess I prefer these positive extremes to the all-too-common hateful and negative extremes).

Parsons is solid, but he still has some significant holes in his game that he may or may not be able to fill. He is definitely not that untouchable.

6. texansalltheway

AGREED!!!

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Bravo!!! One of the best asset he has is his quickness, I think if he learns to drive and draw fouls to get points at Free Throw line, he will be a superstar. He probaly averages .5 FTs a game this year, if he goes to the at least 6 times, his overall game will be splashing. We have to get an All-Star in a trade for Parsons, if not, I'd be totally disappointed.

8. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

That way he can demand a trade in the offseason, after he's shut down and misses the playoffs due to back surgery? Not to mention the fact that he's become the laughing stock of the NBA?

I think you need to put down that Chandler Bong! :)

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Parsons had not worked so hard on the defensive end and taken more shots, he would be an all-star.

10. mario713

mario713 Rookie

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QpljvUyke1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. monster

monster Member

Seems like we do this every year. A few years ago, Bud was our surprise rookie who was going to be the cornerstone of the franchise. Then Patterson. Now Parsons. I don't deny that he has been a pleasant surprise, playing good defense, hitting the occassional big shot, good BBall IQ (one of my black friends always laughs when they say someone has a high bball IQ...says that's just code words for "White".

At this point, in my opinion, nobody on this team is untouchable. I'm not looking to just give away a player like Parsons, but I highly doubt any team is going to give up a top 10 pick for him. If that's what we are expecting, I think we'll be keeping him...which is fine by me. I'm tired of this mediocrity, and it's going to be painful having to let some of our beloved players go, but getting better isn't going to be easy, cheap, or painless.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^Yep. Lowry, Parsons, Scola plus 3 first round picks (one we will be getting for Martin :p) for Howard. Sign D Will.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Speaking of Parsons, he should immediately start weight training when the season concludes.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

why? so he can play 4.... we don't need another one

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nothing too much. Just to enhance upon what he is already doing. Also, it wouldn't to have him slide to the 4 every now and then.