1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dunkin Donuts announces plans for 16 new stores in Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TreeRollins, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Maybe it's my Yankee blood but Dunkin is my favorite donut...and I live 5 minutes from Round Rock Donuts. I've never liked Shipley's or Krispy Kreme.

3. super_mario

super_mario Member

I live in the Boston area and go to Dunkin Donuts a lot. They are all over the place here and there is always a line. Most people get coffee that they sell for $2 and make for a few cents. I rarely see people buy donuts.

4. Relentless

Relentless Member

Shipley's FTW

5. Voice of Reason

Dunkin Donuts is way better than Shipley's. Glad to hear they are opening more stores in Houston. I wish Krispy Kreme was back. Loved the warm donuts off of the conveyor belts.

6. jdh008

jdh008 Member

There is nothing like a fresh Krispy Kreme donut. They have these up where my parents live and I insist that we swing by every time I visit.

7. SuraGotMadHops

[​IMG]

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Dunkin and Shipleys are pretty different donuts. I like em both, but I dont love Krispy Kremes

9. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I can't really judge dunkin based on one type of donut but their cinnamon donuts are downright disgusting with that powder in comparison to shipleys.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

really I dont know what these guys are thinking. Dunkin donuts is terrible in comparison to shipleys. If I was super rich I would build a shipleys near my house. love shipleys.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

New endorser: the Human Dunkin' Donuts

12. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Should we buy stock????

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yes, but you need to find out what the break-even point and time-frame is for re-cooping the construction costs and generating regular profits, and be prepared to hold the stock for that amount of time. You'd also be assuming that stores in other markets are still staying profitable for that same time frame.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Had my share of Dunkin Donuts over the years and far prefer Shipley's. I'll agree the coffee is better at Dunkin...but you can buy the coffee here in stores already anyway.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I am no donut connoisseur, but the few times I've had Dunkin they've tasted like they were from a day old box in the grocery store. And their coffee isn't bad, but surely nothing special.

Shipley's warm glazed donuts are pretty much unrivaled and the only donut I will eat. I'm more of a koloche kinda guy.

By the way, I can't believe this is front page news on the chronicle website.

16. hairyme

hairyme Member

I'm a Shipley's man.

When I lived in the northeast, Dunkin' Donuts rivaled Starbucks in presence... and their donuts suck. Seriously, I wouldn't wipe my ass with those things.

Mostly because I imagine it would make my ass taste worse.

17. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I still find it dumbfounding that probably 75% of Americans have no idea what a kolache is! I'm relatively young, but I went to Oklahoma and everyone looked at me like I was crazy. Never realized they were regional.

18. conquistador#11

covert operation to rid shipley's. I will not stand for this!
    I do like that coffee though.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Shipley's for me.

I wonder if these new stores are going to be the old style donut shop, or something more like Starbucks with the cushy chairs, etc. I seem to recall that Dunkin Donuts was experimenting with that.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Shipley's donuts are better but Dunkin's coffee is unmatched. Houstonians will be glad to have Dunkin. It will the best coffee in you'll have in the city.