1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets Trade-Up Targets in 2012 NBA Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2012.

?

Which players in this draft would you be willing to give up Lowry+more for?

1. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Kentucky)

73 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. John Henson (North Carolina)

5 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. Perry Jones (Baylor)

21 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. Andre Drummond (Connecticut)

88 vote(s)
    45.8%
  5. Thomas Robinson (Kansas)

46 vote(s)
    24.0%
  6. Bradley Beal (Florida)

80 vote(s)
    41.7%
  7. Jared Sullinger (Ohio State)

23 vote(s)
    12.0%
  8. Harrison Barnes (North Carolina)

30 vote(s)
    15.6%
  9. Tyler Zeller (North Carolina)

12 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. None of these players

15 vote(s)
    7.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

In my opinion, Lillard is going to be very good in the NBA. If nothing else presented itself, I'd be happy drafting him, re-signing Goran and trading Lowry. Then if he turns out to be all that, we may be able to move Goran as well.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Howard is not opting out and is under contract for another year... if you want him this summer, it will have to come via trade, not free agency.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Jones is possible. It's a risk, with his motivation he could be a huge bust, but he has some physical tools that could make him a star.

4. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Such a sad thread atm.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

First i would try to do it with out using any other of my picks except the Dallas future pick. If possible i would immediately draft Robinson. The kid, imo, by far is the second best player in this draft and will have the biggest impact as a rookie.
    If they were able to trade up, i just hope our current picks aren't used. We need to get as many players from this draft as possible.

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Andre Drummond (Connecticut)
    we dont need any more guards or fowards. we need paint protection

7. Onepaks

Onepaks Member

What if we win the lotto and pick inside top 3? That changes everything.

8. AFS

AFS Member

Nope. We need to start over and draft a franchise player, regardless of what position they play. Drummond is not a franchise player.

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Obviously MKG. But I think Perry Jones is one of the most underrated players in the draft. Dude is like LaMarcus Alderidge meets Tracy McGrady

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm surprised that Jeremy Lamb isn't on that list. I think he has a lot of promise to be a good player at the next level, his game would really translate well. With a good jump shot, athleticism and decent handles i don't see why he wouldn't be a solid player at the next level. Look at last years draft and see a couple of 2guards who had success Marshon Brooks and Klay Thompson.

Both have had great rookie season and both have a similar game, good athleticism, good jump shot and the ability to create shots off ball and on ball. I think Jeremy is going to fit right in with them when it comes to his rookie season and probably career.

Also his body is almost identical to marshon's, both have a 7'1 wingspan (and we all know how well long wingspans translate to the nba with rebounding, defense and finishing at the rim) both have a skinny frame Marshon at 195lbs - Jeremy at 185lbs and both are 6'5 - Jeremy is 19, Marshon was 22 in when in college.

The only negative thing on Jeremy's game is that he's so skinny that he has a hard time playing on the defensive end and finishing through contact, despite his crazy wingspan. Although i think as he gets older (again only 19) he will be able to bulk up and be capable to dominate on D and finish at the rim. Also with todays no contact rules in his favor he should be fine his first couple of seasons until he bulks up

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxbtin3UBjw&feature=related

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

No one can say that for sure. Drummond's only 18 years old. At that age, Andrew Bynum barely looked like he could walk and chew gum at the same time. If we got Drummond, we'd only have to wait seven years for him to develop into a force.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sorry heres the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxbtin3UBjw&feature=related can anybody PLEASE tell me how to post the vid on here?

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm a Baylor grad and watched PJ3 play a ton this year. I wouldn't use a top 5 pick on him. He has tons of talent but no motor. He disappears entirely.

14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

What makes you say that?

He has all the tools to be an elite center. IMO he has more star potential than anybody in this draft outside of Davis.

15. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

If Beal's athleticism tests well in the draft combine, then he'd be somebody I am interested in as well.

16. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

i think MKG is good but not what this team needs. I think we should maybe take a flyer on drummond. If we cant get the no 1 of course....Beal would defintely be worth the shot. Other than that...I think those are the only options we look at moving up major for.

I think drafting Zeller (move up couple spots if we have to) and the sg that is left between lamb, lillard, rivers or jones with the second pick.

17. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

agreed at this point drummond would be what we need. A young team like sac (who are in the position to get him) should defintely consider trading him for a better package. The last thing they need is another project big.

We could offer a 3 way of

Lowry to sacto the knicks pick
    Martin to wolves and send the 15th pick to sacto
    We draft drummond with kings pick and take BPA available at 13

18. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

For all of you guys saying trade down....you shock me!

We have been drafting in the mid teens late 20s for years and we have a team full of role players. Royce White = role player. You need to move up

1 person likes this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yea if we can't get Davis which I will be hoping for until his name is called to another team then the next target should be Andre Drummond didn't have a outstanding freshman year but this kid has NBA written all over him Drummond and d-mo that would be sick

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why did so many vote MKG... he's not a trade up target. We already have our MKG, his name is Chandler Parsons.

If we move up that high in the draft, it will be to pick up a) Drummond b) Beal or c) Robinson.

Any one of those three would be fine and a great draft target if we can move to a high pick.