1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets at Dallas WEd

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XIrocket, Apr 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

Any rocket fans in dallas going to the game??? I am because I am glutton for punishment:( and if we do win I went to be there.

1 person likes this.
  2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Be prepared to celebrate a win. The Mavs are a mess right now and the Rockets can take them down with a good shooting game.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah ...right now, the only playoff-caliber team in worse shape than Houston is Dallas. If we lose that game it's time for some soul-searching.

4. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

well the same could be said about the suns and jazz game

5. wgray

wgray Member

i don't know look at the last 3 games

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

In the last 3 games the Rockets couldn't hit water by chucking a brick off a pier. Let's hope for that "good shooting game".

7. HillBoy

Being in Dallas I get to watch the Mavs more closely. And I believe that the Rockets' strengths match perfectly up against the Mav weaknesses. Without Chandler, the Mavs are back to being a perimeter, jump shooting team. They consistently get out rebounded now. The Rockets' center tandem of Delambert/Camby is better than the Mavs Haywood/Mahinmi (who has become a foul machine). Lowery/Dragic are far better than Kidd/West. Kidd is done, he's basically a placeholder now. Bubois has proven he's no JJ Barea. Vince Carter & Shawn Marion are showing their age and now only score sporadically. Jason Terry is upset because he hasn't been offered a new contract and Dirk is back to carrying too much of the scoring load and opposing teams realize this and double team him relentlessly. Oh, and Odum is back in LA with Khloe. As I said, they are a mess.

Watch closely especially when the Mav 2nd team is in the game and you'll see the Mavs having all kinds of trouble getting points and rebounds (hell, they have trouble scoring when the starters are in the game). Now Brendan Wright can hurt you (see their last game against the Rox) but he's cooled off considerably - Bynum ate his lunch yesterday. Now, Dirk & Marion will come to play as will Carter but that will about it. Who's left to worry about? Cardinal? Yi JianLian? PULEEEZE! If and that's big IF the Rockets can get their 3's to start dropping, this will take the Mavs out of their comfort zone and they will stop working the ball inside and start settling for the jump shot. Their defense will start to break down and this year without Barea & Chandler providing mental toughness, they simply stop trying. Also, McHale has to keep a true center in the game and stop playing Scola at the 5 spot - no more small ball please.

8. HillBoy

Right, the three is what makes the Rockets' offense especially dangerous against a team like the Mavs. I fully expect their shots to start falling again starting with the 2nd Denver game tonight.

9. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

I'll be there on section 109 row S with my Drexler throwback rockets jersey

10. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

sec 122 with my rockets red on! any rocket fan look for me in the old number 7 bar at half buy you a drinks!

11. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Just gave my tickets away. I don't think I can watch this game live :(

12. b_rockets_a

b_rockets_a New Member

I'll be in the nosebleeds. sec 326 with a rockets cap and an old school "How Sweep It Is" '95 Championship shirt on.

13. Mariachi ROCKET

Must must win. We havent beaten this team since 2009. That seems so long ago.
    Lets play Rocket Ball and fuel up and torch the Mavs!

14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I'll be there

didnt see this thread

15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

nice, I'll be in 328! what sucks is I'm meeting an entertainment law professor right before so I can get in good and figure some good directions for my band an our upcoming album - so I may be in better attire than I want (because I want to be in Rockets red dammit!), but we'll see. ;)

16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Dalembert probable ... Camby doubtful

17. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

We beat them twice in 2010, but got swept last season. 0-2 currently this year

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I will be there. Anyone want to put together a Happy Hour together before the game by the AAC????

19. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

Havana cigar club I will be there before game drinking and smoking...come on by..

20. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

scratch that may check out that new bar that opened up on the corner there by the AAC if its too crowded I will go the old number 7 bar in the AAC either way I will have on my red rocket shirt old school logo.