1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Nov 20, 2011.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Can anyone point me to some links of Game of Thrones artwork that isn't based on the actors from the series? I'm just curious how other artists' depictions of the characters compare.

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Here's some miniatures that were made based on the characters, some of which haven't made an appearance in the show yet.

http://darkswordminiatures.com/mainwebsite_html/store2GRRM.htm

HBO did a pretty good job on most of them, but you're kind of limited by only being able to select people with acting ability.

#622 DrLudicrous, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Thanks.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

the wiki of fire & ice page usually has drawings of people along with headshots of the TV folks.

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'm enjoying this season...A little slow but I get it...There needs to be more T&A...

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

No, it wasn't. Maybe you're thinking of "It's Gary Shandling's Show" which was originally on Showtime but later shown on FOX opposite the "Tracy Ullman Show".

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Oh, you're right. I stand corrected.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Due to last season's success, they upped the budget for this season, most specifically for Episode 9, "Battle of the Blackwater". So the "slow" buildup should have a good payoff.

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

10. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

I haven't really delved into this thread for fear of spoilers...I just finished episode 6 of season 1 and really enjoying it so far. But I get the sense I am missing a lot of history - this far into the season there are still lots of questions about how certain things came to exist as they are...are you supposed to know this stuff already (via the books) or did they keep these things off the script on purpose for reveals later on?

11. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

you can watch the show independently of reading the books and not miss anything

12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even in the books the history of the world that George RR Martin created is a slow reveal. I'm sure it would help watching the show to know some of the history behind how things are as they are, but it is not a requirement. They tell you things as they become necessary and the rest you pick up in bits as the show moves along.

13. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Like others said, the history is told pretty slowly and you don't get the full backstory of things for a while. If you're watching on Blu-Ray (and maybe DVD) they have a lot of the history as extras.

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

My friend told me yesterday that Martin wanted the chicks to have floppy boobs rather than more shapely boobs.
    I guess I can see avoiding fake boobs.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, the BluRay extras are really good....the history of the main houses (Stark, Lannister, Baratheon, Arryn, Targaryen) and the Night's Watch; good stuff.

16. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Shapely and real are not mutually exclusive. They don't have to be fake to not be floppy.

17. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

It's been realistic to me so far. The girl Theon banged on the boat. She wasn't supposed to be a beauty. She wasn't even salt wife material. So I wasn't expecting her to be much. The ones in Littlefinger's establishment are professionals. And they look better, accordingly.

18. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Yeah, in general I haven't had any issue with the GoT TnA. I'll be curious to see what Brienne's body looks like when she finally gets out of the armor.

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

She was supposed to be a little chubby, and stupid looking. They got the stupid part down, but I would have rather seen a slightly overweight girl than those t*tties.

20. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Here is a database for the cardgame, where you can see all the art done for it:
    http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/GoTCards.html