1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Courtney Lee going to resign with Rockets???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anthony1604, Apr 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Finish his comment:

no sir
    , {the reason YOU mentioned has NOTHING to do with it, nor am I going to respond to that. I just simply spoke what I REALLY felt.}

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He acknowledge both kinds of fans. It's not like he labeled everyone a hater. Technically, he's right. The "real" fans stick it out with the team. Let's be honest, most of us will still be glued to the TV the next game.

3. lowery

lowery Member

Stay CLee Stay, we're gonna lose either lowery or Dragic. (And hopefully get a successful rookie with our pick and D-Will) Gonna really need a backup guard

4. verse

verse Contributing Member

Reading comprehension ftw...

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I love Courtney Lee and how down to earth he is. He's always so positive when he's out there. Love the guy. It should be a crime to dislike Courtney Lee!

6. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Hey man.....are you like an atheist??????

7. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Come on guys, I don't personally know the guy but I'm sure him being positive through twitter is more of a publicity thing. Saw him at the Rockets season ticket holder event and he was pretty cool. Saw Parsons and Bud there too, tried to get Parson's autograph or at least a picture but didn't catch him in time. Everyone was crowding around Courtney and he actually seemed genuinely interested in signing autographs. The staff had to push him to move so that he could be more involved with the rest of the audience there.

Honestly I hope we can move either Lowry or Martin (or both) perhaps for someone to replace Dalembert or maybe even better upgrade through the draft. We have pretty good players behind them in Courtney and Dragic who both don't flop as much (dragic has his days) and plays on both ends (lowry plays on both ends but if the league really wants Lowry and the right deal comes along, do it!!

8. HombreDeHierro

Courtney is a solid 25-30 mins a night 6th man...

But he is a team's 4th option at best..

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That was such a punk ass thing to tweet to a player who just thanked the fans....twirp.

What are you in high school? you grew up on the internet with anonymous chatting ability so you have no Texas manners like Lee is not a real person.

dick

right. what an idiot for thinking Lee was talking about free agency...rather than simply say "no" to his reason for thanking
    the fans.

and now this thread will explode into multiple pages of free agency talk based on a dick's tweet to one of our starters.

this thread should be locked.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Morey has already stated he'll resign Courtney Lee, and he's already restricted anyway. Not to mention I think he knows K-Marts time in Houston is quickly fading

11. HombreDeHierro

Courtney lee shouldn't be getting 7-8 mil/yr from us as some posters have been suggesting..

I think he is worth a 4-5 mil/yr contract

12. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Couldn't care less, Lee seemed to be afraid to shoot the ball and let his man get backdoor on him on 3-4 occassions. His defense is overrated but if he accepts a low offer then why not. Can always come off the bench. We need the cap space and using it on Lee might not be the best thing anymore.

13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I'm glad I am not the only the one that thinks that. Last night, he had a few opportunity with wide open looks and he didn't take it. It seemed to me he is looking for stats, more like a player who wants to pad stats to get a better contract. I'm sure 100%, he will not take a last second half court shot, he would rather dribble it out so that he would not lose on FG pct. On defense, the last 3 that Denver made, he didn't even make an attempt to disturb the shooter basically just let him shoot it. His defense has been lazy, I think either the long season, or just tuning out the other side of the court.

14. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I like Courtney Lee & hope Morey does re-sign him since he's a restricted free agent! But honesty I hope to in turn swap Lee plus other players or picks to OKC for Harden (a future all-star) at next years trade deadline!

15. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

This.

The hustle was there. Hell of a game. It is what it is.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

One thing no one can claim is that Lee ever coasts. Seems like he goes 100 % every play.

Tonight, after Dragic stole the inbounds from Kidd in the 4th ( missed layup), kidd chased him down and Lee was the next player to enter the picture. At the beginning of the posession, Lee was the farthest Rocket from the inbounds and 9th farthest player overall. Both he and Terry were standing under the basket.