1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Deron Williams??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Apr 16, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Could someone explain to me what is so special about Deron Williams?? He is not a superstar. He can't even lead his team, which is not a bad team, to the playoffs. Does anyone know why? I do:grin:. Because he is a #2 option on a championship team! It would be a complete waste of time and "assets":rolleyes: to go after Williams when you don't have a superstar to pair him with. I mean guys think about it, he doesn't even have his current team over .500! At least our two #2 options( Lowry, Dragic )have kept us over .500.
    Come on guys, think about it. Ain't no rings on those fingers!:mad::rolleyes:

Sincerely,Coach:)

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lowry and Dragic aren't as good as Williams.

When you can sign a player better than good players that means they are great players. We need a face to sell this franchise to the fans and other great players. Yao did it and we got McGrady remember?

3. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

DWill will certainly be a big improvement for our team.

1 person likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wasn't Yao considered the best center in the league at that time? He had superstar status already when we got Mcgrady.

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Because he's a certified All-Star that Dwight happens to want to play with.

Anyway, he's a free agent this summer and probably choosing the Mavs. So you don't have to worry about Morey wasting cap space or precious assets.

6. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

not sure if serious, but Williams is a top point guard in the league. He would do wonders for this team if he was in place instead of Lowry or Dragic.

7. ThaShark316_28

You high as ****.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So basically, you are not pleased with Lowry and Dragic getting us to the playoffs? Because Deron is not going.

9. 713

713 Member

Becuz if U can get 1 star u can bring in another star....

10. amaru

amaru Member

Because he is better than any player currently on the team. It what it is.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I understand that a lot of you are disagreeing and many more of you will, but can any of you answer the question of why isn't his current team at least over .500 if he is so much better than what we have?

12. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Why are you still able to start threads? Anyone dumb enough (i.e. coachbadlee) to have said before this season that the Rockets would win 2 rings in the next 5 years shouldn't be allowed to spew their garbage all over the GARM.

1 person likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

And you are convinced that they aren't after one season?
    Try answering the question i posted.:rolleyes:

14. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Brook Lopez has played in only 5 games this year. That's a big reason right there.

15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Because the nets freaking suck. I mean Gerald Green is "going off" over there. No disrespect to Green, but thats not that impressive. Williams has no one to work with over there in NJ.

16. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

he is a top point guard in the league a "star"

17. Wilford_Knows

Wilford_Knows Member

1.) Chris Paul
    2.) Derrick Rose
    3.) DERON WILLIAMS
    4.) Westbrook
    5.) Rondo

18. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I mean, you really can't compare the teams, because the surrounding talent is so different. We have an amazing bench, they don't, and that will win/lose games for you. As far as individual talent, just look @ his numbers man. Over 21 ppg, 8 assists, solid rebounder. Yes, AT TIMES Dragic/Lowry have looked better than Williams, but they are inconsistent (at least these last few games, and when Lowry puts up a stinker, he brings the whole team down rather than recognizing that fact and dealing with it). Williams has been an all star for years.

Everybody else is right - Get 1 all star here, others will instantly be more interested in potentially playing here. Yes, I love Dragic & Lowry and think 1 of them will be our long term point guard, but man this is almost as bad as you saying Thomas Robinson was the clear #1 pick of the draft and that Davis wasn't anything special.

19. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lol, Deron is much better than Lowry/Dragic and he's proven it over a longer period of time. Not only that but Dwight has shown interest in playing next to him so there's your #1 reason to go after Deron. (Also, Lowry Dragic didn't get us to the playoffs last year)

20. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Because the Nets suck. If you think Lowry or Dragic would have that team anywhere near .500, you are crazy.

Deron would definitely have us with a better record, if we were to replace Lowry with him. But I do agree that if we were to lose a lot of our assets to get him, then we would become the nets. But if we can get Howard then that would makeup.