1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Patrick Patterson have pictures of Kevin McHale?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Apr 15, 2012.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Plays like crap but never gets benched.

1 person likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would like to see Morris at PF some.

DD

3. knifejc

knifejc Member

Patterson's post moves looks forced and robotic. and when his jumper isn't falling he's useless on offense and his defense isn't nothing special either

1 person likes this.
  4. gah

gah Member

Did not want to create my own knee-jerk thread so I'll use this one: I'm convulsing right now, I'm getting Dallas game seven flashbacks, this game is disgusting.

5. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Intriguing idea.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

patterson sucksss. He plays with no heart. He is soft as hell, and brings nothing to the court when he can't score.

7. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Patrick Patterson

What exactly is Patterson's role in the Rockets offense? It looks like McHale is trying to mold him into being a post option, but is this really the right time, when the Rockets are trying to push for the playoffs? It really looks like he wants to be Scola, what with the high number of jumpers and lack of defensive ability, but he can't do that well either.

So what's the point of Patterson on offense and on defence?

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

next year, maybe. way too late in the season to plug him into significant minutes. wish it wasn't. patterson is just awful.

9. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Regression.

10. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

He doesnt look to have any feel for the game.

11. lean

lean Member

Also only 2 rebounds tonight in almost 30 minutes.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Patterson is being forced to be a post up player based on need.

I dont have the patience to explain their offensive system right now, but they ABSOLUTELY have to have an inside post player to dump the ball into to free up shots for the wing players. Thats why Scola is so important to this team, and when he cant get it going on offense, the entire team struggles. Patterson is being forced into a role he's not mentally ready to carry which would be the focal point of the offense off the bench.

14. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I think it is time for Marcus Morris. Patrick is not growing. Time to see what Marcus Morris can do at the powerforward spot.

16. sergio

sergio Member

When I see Pat play I start to miss Carl Landry.

Pat < Carl Landry

1 person likes this.
  17. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Pat at the moment is too pathetic to be a heavy rotation player right now. He giving next to nothing out there.

18. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Exactly, we're basically masquerading him as Scola because we just don't have any other options.

He's also been terrible boxing out, setting picks and rebounding, not to mention his jumpshot is off. Mix it all together, play him and Scola at the same time and you have disaster.

I want to say that he's lost his confidence, but damn does he look un-interested out there.

I really thought he would be that guy off the bench who sets strong picks, fouls hard and stares people down. I could live with him not having a post up game, but he should use that massive build of his to be an enforcer for the team.

19. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'm just hoping it's a sophomore slump? Remember Budinger last season? Dude played like horse **** majority of the year. (Granted, he slapped out of it and finished strong) Patterson hasn't shown any true improvements in his game. He's being more aggressive in the post -- great, now we need an off-season of work with him and get him back on the right track.

He has a great NBA body, he's athletic, active, and a solid defender. I still have high hopes for him.

20. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

No kidding.

PPAT brings little offense to the table.
    PPAT has no post moves.
    PPAT can't shoot 3s.
    PPAT doesn't draw fouls
    PPAT doesn't rebound.

He does play average D, and normally has an average mid-range jumper. Whoopee. The lineup with him and Scola together is awful. No boards, blocks or paint protection of any kind.

Why McHale left him out there to play 30 minutes tonight is beyond me.