1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mock draft with trades

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by skenney1993, Mar 26, 2012.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I would rather use our 1st round pick on a player that will be a full time starter. Part of the reason Demeco was let go was because he was making too much money for a player who only would play 1st and 2nd down.

2. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

I wanna go Coby Fleener 1st, and Quick 2nd or if we think we can get an early 3rd to snatch him, that would be amazing. Those picks will take our offense to another level in IMO. I think we need a offense weapons more in this draft than pass rushers. Also, I think Sharpton can hold his own, filling in for Demeco 1st&2nd down and we can pick up a pass rusher in the later rounds such as Brandon Lindsey or Miles Burris.

My ideal draft would be:

1st: Coby Fleener
    2nd: Bruce Irving
    3rd: Brian Quick (We would have to trade for an early 3rd to get him though i think)

3. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

My guess is that the Texans will trade Jacoby Jones in a package with a 4th round draft pick in order to pick up a 2nd round draft pick ... could this be a possibility?

Jones + 4th round pick (Tampa) for a late 2nd round pick (between nr. 53 and 63) ? Or perhaps for an early 3rd round draft pick?

4. Wilford_Knows

Wilford_Knows Member

Who would agree to such a trade?

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

The Texans :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They couldn't get a 7th round pick for him man.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Nope.

There's zero trade market in this league for fringe guys. Player trades are infrequent, period.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he actually has a negative value because he makes a decent amount

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Agree, but is it realistic to expect a full recovery from Johnson? (Yes, I know I'm two weeks late in replying to this. :)) That's my only concern. He'll be 31 this fall and hasn't had a healthy year since 2009. It'd be one thing if it were a freak injury, but it's the multiple, nagging types that concern me.

I'm with you that in an ideal world, Johnson is your #1, Daniels #2, Foster #3 and Walter in a largely blocking/underneath role as #4. That's a great group, and when healthy, a lot of fans do misstate the role of Walter/Jacoby. But Andre's age and injuries are enough that I'd like to start grooming someone that can fill in. Jacoby can't. That's why I think they go WR in the first two rounds, even if there isn't a true lineup spot available now.

10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Not sure if posted. Take it FWIW:

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i will be very, very surprised if wright is taken by the texans in the first.

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I can't think of any reason to be concerned about Andre Johnson. An ankle and a hamstring have nothing to do with one another; they're certainly not a component of age, especially given those hamstrings came on the heels of a lockout. With a normal offseason program and seven months to heal, he should be fine.

He was on typical AJ-like paces both years, btw, showing no signs of having lost a step in any facet of his game.

13. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Every year there is at least one Texan draft pick that is a wtf moment. This year my guess is the qb from ASU in the 2nd round.

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

One? With this board, every single Texans pick and non-pick is a wtf moment!

15. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

Version 2:

Texans trade #26, #58, and 2013 3rd round pick to the Rams for #33, and #39.

#33 Coby Fleener, TE. I see him and Kendall Wright as guys who will fall out of the first round. Fleener is BPA and can be considered a need because he would be the solid #2 weapon in the passing game. The Texans can also cut OD next year to help re-sign Brown, Barwin, and others. St. Louis does this to get Konz.

#39 Nick Perry, OLB. Here is our Mario replacement. It would be absolutely amazing if he is available here, and if he is, wade might have a heart attack!

#76 Mike Martin, DT. Cody is doing good enough as the NT on the team, so Martin would be used to give Cody some breathers. Mitchell played all right last year but I feel Martin is better.

#99 Leonard Johnson, CB. First WTF pick by Rick Smith. Kubiak loves his TE's and Smith loves CB's in mid rounds.

#121 Phillip Blake, C. Played in a Pro system and can slide over to RG. Would be a great back up to Myers if Myers gets injured, and can possibly take over the starting C spot in a few years.

#161 Cyrus Gray, RB. I believe TAMU played in a ZBS so Gray will be a perfect fit and replacement to Ward. He can read blocks and find the hole.

#195 Levy Adcock, OT. It will be silly to see him available this far in the draft and i dont know why. He was a good blind side blocker for Weeden and OSU's heavy passing offense.

#233 Randy Bullock, K. This is probably the best pick in this draft for the Texans lol. I think all fans have come to a consensus that Bullock should be drafted or signed as a UDFA by the Texans.

16. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mdX_bMu6B38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This kid is special.

18. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

I don't know about Randle, I would keep an open mind if the Texans drafted him, but he does not seem to high point the ball. He seems to always basket catch the ball and that concerns me. Think of AJ against the Redskins, he went up for that ball and extended his arms over his head and came down with that ball, AJ Green did that same in Cincinnati against us. What is it the draftniks call it, catch radius? I would prefer Stephen Hill given a choice, at least he has some impressive one handed grabs. I think the Texans might go defense in the 1st and get a receiver later though, and yes they will take a tight end at some point too.

19. today

today Contributing Member

I agree... I saw a lot of his games and have always thought he'd be a good runner in our system.

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

How does that work out on the NFL Draft Pick Value Chart?'

I would think the value of moving up 7 spots into the late first round AND getting a future 3rd round pick is worth more than moving back 19 spots in the second round.

Plus, I'd be wary of trading back and then not having the guys available at those spots. Shades of the Travis Johnson draft debacle.

I'd probably do it if the 2013 pick were lower. Say, 4th/5th round.