1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Caution] Dragic's Rise VS. Collison's Rise

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Apr 10, 2012.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

And an intelligent discussion comes to an end with DD ad homineming his way out of saying moronic things such as "Dragic is more sought after in the free agent market than Nash".

Oh well, it's not the first time you can't backup what you say.

1 person likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm noticing a pattern here.

DD either misspeaks or says something incorrect, gets called out on it, refuses to retract said statement, digs hole even deeper, and eventually lashes out at people for holding him to his words which he has an extremely poor grasp over.

Sometimes I think posters should be required to pass a reading comprehension or English literacy test to post in the GARM.

1 person likes this.
  3. psingh34

psingh34 Member

unlike collison, dragic has enjoyed success besides this starting stint. Through his career he has done well when asked to start, in addition he has been a solid off the bench player for us all year long. Lets also not forget how much he dominated the spurs 2 yrs ago

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

He is a 6ft 3 point guard that even if his scoring and passing stats went down? Would still score in the double digits, pass good, and play good defense from what we saw befor his break out. None of that would change even if he cooled down to his normal backup production. His backup production by the way? Already suggested he could get these nunbers he is doing right now if he had starters minutes. This is the case where he is doing what he is already showed he can do but with more minutes. He is just doing it a tiny better than people thought.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, I believe exactly what I posted to be true....

Is there anyway to PROVE it is true.....no.....is there any way to PROVE it is not true?

No

So, why argue in circles with folks, what good would come of that?

DD

6. Wilford_Knows

Wilford_Knows Member

DD is the Skip Bayless of ClutchFans.net

7. DaDakota

I just see things a weee bit differently than most folks - apparently.

DD

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

There is no way to prove anything for certain, but there is a way to make your statement more tenable.

Saying "you twists words and stuff" does not make your argument more valid, it just makes you look like an idiot.

I think Nash is a more coveted free agent than Dragic because he is a multiple time all-star and all-nba team player who has not shown much signs of slowing down. Thus, because he is a product that almost would certainly help any team he joins, he has a huge edge over Dragic (who in the end, doesn't even have a season's sample worth of data.) in worth.

That means, I can logically assume that contenders would always go after Nash first, because if Dragic is going to demand a big contract, contenders would always pay that money to a guaranteed better player instead (Nash).

Teams that might covet Dragic more than Nash, are teams that are not in contention and do not already have a high potential, high caliber PG on their team. Because unless the GM is an idiot, he wouldn't pay big money for a PG if they already have John Wall on their team.

That means, teams like Detroit, Washington, Charlotte, Sacramento, Golden State, Minnesota, Cleveland would have little to no reason to offer a large contract to Dragic.

9. DaDakota

Good on ya mate !

DD

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If you are going to respond to posts with childish behavior like these then how about you just not post at all?

Or better, if you don't like people disagreeing with you and calling you out for the moronic things that you say, how about not saying it in the first place?

11. DaDakota

Dude, I don't feel like engaging in the flaming wars that you do, where you go round and round and nitpick points in a never ending argument where nothing every gets proven or can be proven.

Get it?

Got it?

Good !

DD

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's fair enough. You are free to go back to b****ing about Clutchfans on Spurstalk.

13. DaDakota

Ah, there is my little lying DDingleberry.......making up bull**** again, I see.

I support Clutchfans wherever I go - 100%....nary a negative word.....

DD

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

http://ns1.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173123&page=6

15. DaDakota

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think Dragics outside shooting will come down, but his ability on the break is legit and he seems to have gotten turnovers under control.

Still 17 games is a relatively small sample size, so point taken OP.

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I'm not even trying, that was just of the top of my head.

Anyways, once again I get dragged into some personal vendetta that you seem to have against me and as a result this thread is messed up.

I should really refrain from responding to your posts in the future because you always lash out at anyone who refutes your arguments.

I apologize to posters here.

18. DaDakota

Agree if he had only played 17 games, but he has played a lot more than that, and the sample size is a lot bigger, and he is NOT a rookie.

Dragic has proven he can start in this league and play at an elite level - at least for 17 games this year.

Agree also that his shooting will probably go down a tad, but we thought the same of Lowry when he took over the starting role and started hot, and he kept it up most of last year...so....

Some guys get better with rythmn and the more they play the more efficient they are....

DD

19. DaDakota

I accept your apology and look forward to you refraining from making crap up and trying to get into it with me.

The board will be better off if we ignore each other.

DD

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Fair enough.