1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the "shanghai shake"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao1134, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

my brother taped the rockets and sixers game cuz i was out of town. i know that they won already and it was a few days ago but when i watched it i heard bill worrell come up with a great name for YAO's post up move.....the "shanghai shake" nice ring to it huh? i bet hakeem loves that one. oh and when he develops the move better say good bye to the rest of the league!

GO ROX!

2. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

i bet he puts alot of those on gasol and swift and wright tonight.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the grizz are very athletic. and they have been playing well lately. steve is gonna have to carry us tonight, with cat as a major contributor.

yao will do well as usual, but he will have to compete with 4 very athletic big-men.

4. walterw

walterw Member

I agree with the fact that all their big-men are athletic, but noone of them are as the strong built type as of "the big country".
    So it should not be that difficult for Yao getting to the low-post position if Rox chose to play that way. I can imagine some of their big guys will be in deep fouls trouble.

5. kwik_e_mart

kwik_e_mart Member

Talking about Big Country... when he was still with our former Vancouver Grizzlies, he did put up some promising numbers during his sophomore season... but sucked big time after signing that 6 year $70m contract... after gaining lots of weight during the off season, he never recovered and called it quits after suffering from various leg injuries...

I would rather have the current big men for Memphis instead of Bryant Reeves...

6. Timing

Timing Member

The problem with the "Shanqhai Shake" is that Yao Ming doesn't have a shake move. It's a straight move, not a shake. He's taller than 99% of players by a ton, he doesn't need to shake.

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

Oh, pshaw! You and your technical rubbish. Leave the name be.

:p

8. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

After a 5 block nite, I have a better idea...
    How about the "Shanghai Stuff?"

:p :p :p

theSAGE

9. dsong

dsong Member

Are you a Shanghai-Only fan?

10. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

dsong, do us all a favor and quit with the trolling, you're ruining perfectly good threads.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

11. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

the "shanghai stuff" would be his blocking trademark. the "shanghai shake" is appropriatte cuz he does shake at times he doesnt need to but ive seen him do it and it looks alot better on replay

12. noskrillwill

noskrillwill Member

he cant have the shanghai shake, he already has the communist block.

13. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Why can't he have both:D :) :cool: !