1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You people need to relax

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leroy, Dec 17, 2002.

Tags:
  1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

All I see are you people bashing every player on the Rockets. Here's the way I see it...

1. w/o Franchise, we are the worst team in the NBA
    2. w/o Ming, we are back to where we were last year.

We are only 23 games in to the season, and we already have won almost 1/2 the games we won all last year. There are still some things to work on (more assists, less turnovers, better shot selection). For the most part, the Rocks are a much better "team" than they were last year. They just might get in the playoffs this year, with a probable first round loss. Are you going to scream for Rudy's head if that happens? Should we trade Francis if we don't get to the finals?

Relax and remember that this is very much a work in progress. Ming will get better. Francis will continue to become a smarter player. Mobley, well, I just wish that he'd pass the ball a bit. The rest of the guys are going to improve. We will be a contender in the next couple of seasons. We have an owner that is committed to winning and will do what it takes to keep this team together or make the moves necessary to improve.

Just relax and enjoy the rest of the season and cheer on your Rocks. We all love them, or we wouldn't be here. Just try to be more positive and try a little harder to not jump to such stupid conclusions (i.e. threads about Ming peaking a mere 20 games into his pro career, Griffin was the worst pick ever, Francis being the dumbest player on the team, etc.)

2. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

AMEN!!

We cheer and win the title when we win, and we are going to be in the lottery when we lose. Although I do disagree with 2 we are better then we were last year and having Ming only fuels the fire.

Fans will be Fans that is what we do, we do analysis we breakdown the game, I tape the Rocket games I get to see and watch them later, we cry, we swear (I was right pissed off when we lost to Memphis, when John Stockton beat us with at the buzzer, when the rockets were mediocre in the 80's after we went to the finals in 86, when we tried to trade Robert Horry, so on and so on.) we cheer, we gloat.... we need to be patient.

SF and Ming are the start of something great. When Kobe came into the league he had a lot of help from vets. SF has Rice who although has a ring can't help Francis a whole lot because he won his because of the team he was on not the player he was. Kobe had Shaq who had been to the finals and knew what it was like to get there and then get beat, actually beat down. Steve needs to be beaten, the playoffs seven game series would be best, before he will truly have the fire blazing that will put him over the edge. As more Ming, best interviewee ever, he will be a Rocket and will lead with SF to Championships. He will be one of the great players to play in this league.

Realistically, we are the 6th seed in the west. We lack the ability to win day in and day out to be the 4th. And that is fine. The playoffs is the goal and we need to keep that in mind and once we get into the playoffs...all bets are off we can beat any of those teams and they can beat us. We get another chance to prove that when we play Indiana a team I think we should beat.

GO ROCKETS!

Founding member of MARH.

Member Against Rocket Hating

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Amen to that, Fierguard. I still see us a 7th or 8th seed at best. But losing in the playoffs will definetly give SF that necessary downer to light the fire for the future. As we say in my company, sometimes you have to spend money to make money. Well, for SF and the Rox, sometimes you have to lose games to learn how to win them.

VP of MARH

Members Against Rockets Haters

4. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

But if we relaxed, the BBS would be such a boring place!!!

5. dsong

dsong Member

If no Yao-Only fan or Steve-Only fan or Cuttino-Only fan, the BBS would be such a boring place!!!

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

Maybe we can get Frankie Goes to Hollywood to add some commentary to this thread. :D

7. underworld01

underworld01 Member

hahaha, seriously....RELAX, Don't do it

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What do you expect?

BBS=BS with an extra B

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Feel the love people ....

[​IMG]