1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happened to the sixers!?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jayhow92, Apr 8, 2012.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I haven't been watching much of them, but they look like a completely different team from the beginning of the season. Can anyone explain? They have the same record as the knicks now which is bad for our pick.

2. Matt_Maloney

Matt_Maloney Rookie

I've been paying attention to them and the Pacers all year. I thought they would both be in contention for the number 3 seed in the East but Philly has fallen off the map. Maybe they're out of fuel or something, not sure why every night I check the scores and they are always losing games now. Let's hope they can bounce back. I love their Big 3 of Iggy, Holiday and Williams.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They are losing because Iggy, holiday and williams are their big 3.

So many people on this board are on Iggy's tip for reasons unknown to me.

He's a good player, and he's making 13.5 million this year.

If he is one of your 2 best players you are in trouble. They have no offense, good defensively, but abysmal offense.

Holliday is basically Courtney Lee, again good, not great.

And Lou Williams, is about as good as Mo Williams. Backup on a good team.

4. Matt_Maloney

Matt_Maloney Rookie

If you saw them earlier in the season, you wouldn't be making those comparisons. Try a 3 vs 3 of those players on 2k12 and see who wins, pretty sure you'll be proved wrong even though I know it's only a game. It's all about work ethic and motivation and what suddenly happened to it. They aren't the same team as they were in February.

5. stmeph

stmeph Member

Spencer Hawes was having a breakout season and was the major reason why PHI was winning games earlier this season. Then he went out with an achilles injury, and was off-and-on. Now he's back, but clearly not at 100%.

PHI's success goes with Hawes.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What happened to the Sixers?

[​IMG]

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Sixers is the prime example of why "defense wins championships" cliche is just flat out wrong. After their hot start, their offense have become atrociously bad. That's why they're dropping closer to .500 even with the NBA's best defense.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Without looking at stats or watching the Sixers much, I'm sure their defense has slacked off too. Teams who defend very well but suffer offensively eventually fall victim to the same problem: The defensive energy level goes down because of discouragement. It was just a matter of time for the Sixers. As stated in the other thread, I didn't see a complete nosedive coming.

9. Lovemachine2000

I see what you did there.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Because all you have to do to beat Iggy is pack the paint. Iggy can't shoot.

11. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

The Sixers had a weak schedule early and got on a roll.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why is everyone forgetting Thad Young when talking about Philly's players?

Brand is also playing well

And they have a deep bench

They're better than they've shown lately, they're just in a rough patch.

13. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Currently 8th, messing up our draft pick.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yes, they were killin it in February wit that 6-9 record

Got a lot better in March going 7-8 record

Now in April 0-3.

Oh and the 2k12 gauge, shows you really know your hoops.

11-19 doesn't qualify as a rough patch. They got off to a hot start at 18-7 while everyone was unprepared due to the condensed schedule and lack of camp, now they are coming back to their level.

Andre Iguodala, Lou Williams and Holliday are 3rd options at best on a good team. There is a reason they have yet to finish above .500 with Iguodala as their best player.

They aren't a good basketball team, they are textbook mediocre.

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

jrue holiday is underrated. thad young, and e turner are underrated. you give philly at least one all star and they would be a contending play-off team.

16. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

There was just a post about this on Hardwood Paroxysm a few days ago.

Kingdom on Quicksand

Seems like they aren't practicing what they're preaching on the offensive side of things.

17. letu

letu Member

What happened to the Sixers?God knows

18. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

I think its a combination of that, and the Sixers not being a good team. This is the same Sixers Team from last year. That put up a nice in the 1st round against the Miami Cheat without Hawes. I think they are missing Marrese Speights, and that also Doug Collins gets a little more credit than he shoukd for his coaching abilities. His teams always seem to never reach their potential or just completely fall apart

19. arjun

arjun Member

I think Lebron has completely single-handedly destroyed their confidence. Miami has destroyed them so many times this season that it is not even funny.

They know that they make make the playoffs, but won't do **** there. I think they will turn it around and make the playoffs, but then again with Knicks playing hot, and Milwaukee's easy schedule...who knows?

20. HtownRocket1

HtownRocket1 Member

How good are their chances of winning against Nets tonight?