1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese come in please

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shanghai_noon, Dec 17, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Shanghai_noon

Shanghai_noon Member

Yao Ming is at a right team and we are a family here.
    Let's watching how Ming will assist our Rox team go to playoff even more further.

Be more patient. Rox is our home team and Yao Ming and our Rox team, will go to something big this year.

2. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

FINALLY!!! A sensible Yao AND ROCKET fan.

I applaud you shanghai_noon.
    I hope you can knock some sense into these big-time Yao ONLY fans who visit these boards. They're starting to really tick me off. The Rockets story is gonna be a great one. We got ourselves a true TEAM!

theSAGE

3. li_chen18

li_chen18 Contributing Member

Glad you said he's on the right team. Sure he is. Glad again because our Chinese fans have realized that.

By the way, it seems your post is not in the right discussion board. You might want to go for something like "Chinese fans with Rox" under the title of, say, "the international bball activities".

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Nope, anything about Yoa and the Rockets definately belongs in the Rockets 2003 forum.

5. joe the joker

joe the joker Member

Yes,I can NOT agree with you more.
    In these monthes I've happily noticed how ROX tend Ming with great care,how Ming is becoming something really big step by step,and how good Ming is getting along with his teammates...
    But here I also saw many so called Chinese Yao only fans deteriorating this board,as I saw many basketball laymans shouting "Give Ming the Ball","Trade Francis"... I dont know all the other feel after reading these words,but they are making me sick!
    In these days,I almost hate to see the posts from China,but this thread make me feel better now.

As all can see,here is the BBS of the ROX, not the Yao Only Bulletin.So if guys wanna to join here,he should firstly be a fan of ROX,or even feel family here.

There's a word "Ignorance makes prejudice".For such fans as bben or somebody else,pls try to know the basketball and ROX more before you wanna to make some expression.

6. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Really, Shanghainoon I can't agree more. As a fellow Shanghainesse adopted by Houston I love the Rox and now love MIng on the Rox, I really like how Ming is coming along. I think both the coaching squad and our guards have a big part in that. I thnk they're really trying to take pressure off of him and he's developing great.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The contributions of Chinese Rockets fans shouldn't be mixed up with Ming only fans. They've provided us with translations and insights of Yao and the Rockets.

If we have a successful year, I'm pretty sure some will convert from Yao only to Rockets fans. Don't forget that these guys are also newbies and some of them needs to learn board ettiquette.

8. westty

westty New Member

aha..I'm the one from Shanghai 2..
    I love Yao Ming as well as rockets and u fans all!!
    :)

9. almostReady

almostReady Member

Thank you, Shanghai_noon, I am from China and I couldn't agree more with you.

To some fans: Yao Ming arrived late, totally lacks NBA experience, has language problem, lacks upper body strength, unfamilar with Rockets plays, tough treatment by some media and refs, etc, etc, all these could EASILY lead to a much slower development and mediocre to bad performance in his first year.

Yet Yao Ming has had great success so far. DON'T you think Rockets club, coaches, and his teammates (YES! SF, CAT, ..., and Boki ) did an amazing job!?

Maybe some of you can enlighten us by pointing out which team in the NBA other than Rockets could give Yao a BETTER chance to achieve more in his first two months.

Please be objective and patient, my fellow Chinese fans.

10. link

link Member

some people need to realize that people like bben and jsmoke aren't chinese and don't speak for chinese. if their ip addresses could actually be revealed. i'm betting that its a person who's tired of seeing so many yao fans who wants to exaggerate how chinese fans feel. cause some of the **** that has been posted has been really ridiculous and some of the language that was used in those posts actually resemble another person who posts on clutchcity who isn't chinese and is a steve francis fan. the messages that were posted by those idiots, was pure sarcastic exaggeration of how chinese fans only care about yao. anybody who took those posts seriously has an iq of 0 :rolleyes: also all the attention on yao isn't only because he's chinese. he is a rookie and rookies tend to become fan favorites. Once the rookie season ends, you can expect a drop in the yao posts. but since he is part of the team and also the number one pick, there will be more attention focused on him. he does kind of standout on that team you know. he is the only 7'6 chinese guy on that team. it's not easy to ignore that. throughout this season, as people across the nba get their first look at him, there will always be new posts with articles on him etc. some fans will get irritated because it will seem like the rockets forum is turning into a yao forum. but this isn't something that people should blame on chinese. the US media is writing these articles and making all these stupid ming dynasty headlines, not chinese.

also don't take any one person's opinion and take it as a whole race's opinion ok. doing that is not only ignorant but biased as well. regarding the yao not getting enough touches posts out there, i guess some people don't have dtv and are relying on espn boxscores to tell how the game went and when they see the guy only took 6 shots, i guess they think francis didn't try to pass to him enough. But the truth was obvious to anyone who actually has dtv and can see how the game went. the heat were playing extremely tough defense on yao and had him covered throughout the game. also about yao not getting enough touches, there's a reason for that, they were actually trying to limit his touches because they wanted to bring him along slowly. it's not because of steve francis. francis is an excellent point guard.

people here need to stop mentioning race and whoever believes chinese fans are deteriorating the quality of posts on this board is just plain stupid. i'm not calling you stupid by the way, but anyone who does think that is. not all yao fans don't give a damn about the rockets. anybody who knows basketball will want the team to win. he!! even the chinese president says he wants the rockets to win the championship.

11. Shrimpie

Shrimpie Member

I can't agree with you any more. I think Ming is in the right city, right organization, right team with the right coach and right teammates. I can't think about another team that better fits Ming and his development at this time. Even though he didn't get enough shots on the stat sheet, I don't see that resulting from an intentional effor by his teammates. Francis doesn't play smart, that is for sure, but I feel he has been trying very hard to do the right thing on/off court. His attitude towards all the attentions Ming has received deserves a lot of props too (On ESPN, he said he had no problem with all that by drawing a connection to the attention he received as a rookie when Hakeem and Charles were still around, you can see his sincerity from his talk.)

Shrimpie