1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Steve can be all star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wlqq, Dec 15, 2002.

1. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

No offense but that's a horrible post, you really should give more love to the team that did everything possible to get Ming in the NBA. For some of us it's the other way around we are Rockets fans for the longest, and we did nothing but defend, Yao Ming when he started out struggling. So now because our guy is struggling you call him second tier, where's the love these days. Understand that when I say this this is in no way a personal attack so don't take it that way *peace*.

2. striker

striker Member

I'll place my vote around all-star time based on who's playing best. Right now Payton gets the nod and it isn't close for best PG in the West so far this season. I'm not a Rocket fan or a Seattle fan. I'm a Spurs fan. Right now I wouldn't vote for Duncan either as the best PF in the West so far this season, I'd have to give my vote to Dirk. But Duncan is coming on strong now. All-star is totally meaningless as a indication of the best player becuase of all the homers like guys voting Yao > Shaq and Francis > Payton. Beat your chests and get your rocks off though. :rolleyes:

3. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

That's really a shame. That's like rooting for Ichiro but caring less for the Mariners. What kind of team pride is that? Answer: NONE WHATSOEVER. Man, the least you could be is appreciative of all the Rocket organization has done for Ming. Any other market (need I even speculate about NY or CHI?) and Ming would've been toast... media would have roasted him. But in Houston, he's been greeted and treated so well. At the top of the list is SF and CAT. Those two and Cato and Mooch have been absolutely terrific with Yao. How you can't see that is beyond me. Be a Rox fan AND be a Yao fan. They're actually synonymous with one another.

Yao ONLY fans? Sheeesh. Go find Wang Zhi Zhi or Menke Bateer. They're in greater need of your moral support.

:p :p :p

puzzledSAGE

4. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I don't get how you can like Yao but not the Rox.
    It's like saying, "I like Chicken McNuggets but I hate McDonalds."

If you like McNuggets, you gotta like Ronald and Grimace and Hamburgler and Birdie and those orally challenged Fry Guys. Sure some of them are kinda creepy and have no fashion sense whatsoever, but that's what we all love about McDonalds. Here's my pitch to all you Yao-ONLY fans.

Here in Clutch City, we have it all.
    1. For starters, we have a dude with a bigger fro than Ronald McDonald. We call him Moochie.
    2. Second, we got a supersized guy in Yao who you already know.
    3. Third,we have our own hamburgler, or rather, CATburglar in Cuttino racking up the steals.
    4. Fourth, we have our "happy" Grimace in the lovable Glen Rice and his million dollar smile. We regret that Glen Rice isn't purple, but if you want something to hug, we still have Clutch the Bear.
    5. Fifth, we have a Birdie-like player who is capable of flight in Stevie Franchise.
    6. And lastly, we have plenty of fry-guys in EG, MoT, TM, and TeM, so go ahead and take your pick. They ain't going anywhere fast.

So, Yao-ONLY fans, take some pride in the Rox. Buy yourself some hamburgers, tune in to the Rocket game, and root for your TEAM.

This happy meal won't last forever.

:p :p :p

theSAGE

5. GAKF

GAKF Member

Please don't get me wrong. I like Steve and I really think he is a great talent. However, why I post that comments because I had seen so many posts saying Steve would be an All-Star because so many Chinese fans would also vote for Steve. Actually this is not absolutely true. Many people think Steve is too selfish, and too eager to be the "man".

BTW, please be aware that "giving more love to the team" doesn't mean "voting for Steve to be the All-Star". Actually a lot of people think that Steve is exactly one of the major problems with Rox.

6. jh3lau

jh3lau Member

hell no ...

7. AcBrave

AcBrave Member

u r not a rox fan!! please shut the hell up!!!

SF is the second BEST PG in NBA!!!! (next to JK only!!) and will become the best!!!

8. AcBrave

AcBrave Member

that is not fair, i think NBA should then take away these votes from china

9. AcBrave

AcBrave Member

work on ur grammar

10. rickylee888

rickylee888 Contributing Member

Francis is definitely an all-star. But is he a superstar? I don't think anyone on the Rockets deserves that label...yet.

11. rickylee888

If the NBA takes the votes away from China, then are they going to turn away from the extra $$$ they are making in the new Chinese TV contracts and future expansions there? Gimme a freaking break...I'm sick and tired of people making comments about shutting certain people (or areas) out, but it's okay if we make a buck off of them!

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yeah, how silly of them to want to globalize the game. :rolleyes:

13. rickylee888

If the NBA takes the votes away from China, then are they going to turn away from the extra $$$ they are making in the new Chinese TV contracts and future expansions there? Did you b**** when Kobe made the all-star team when he a rookie and didn't even start for his team? Or how about guys who were injured or when Magic was out with HIV, but was voted in. The all-star game is a popularity contest and it for the FANS. It's not the NBA championship or MVP of the league.
    Gimme a freaking break...I'm sick and tired of people making comments about shutting certain people (or areas) out, but it's okay if we make a buck off of them!

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

If an All Star is about amazingly talented individuals who are great one on one players, Yes. If an All Star is the consumate team player who leads his team to the playoffs and beyond, No. It is really quite simple.