1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

are we overreacting????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tigereye, Dec 15, 2002.

1. tigereye

tigereye Member

Hey Rockets fans, I just want to remind you that just becuz we have Yao now, dont expect us to turn into the 72-win Bulls. OKay, so they lost to Memphis and the Clips, but both teams have showed signs of comming to life anyways. Besides every team has its off nights, just ask Dallas. On the 7th game of the season there lil 14 game streak almost never happened becuz they were pushed to the edge by the Cavs. Then they blew a 27 point to the Lakers. Point is it is still the beginning of the season and this team still has yet to build chemistry, something that takes time and every good team needs. So chill out!!!!! towards the later part of the season when this team will have finally gelled together, this team will be scarier than ever before. They will make the playoffs this season. Right now, they are just trying to workout the kinks so givem a break. I just had to say this after reading all the negative posts in this board. What happened to having a little faith in your team, huh?????
    :confused:

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

the anwser to your question is YES WE ARE OVERREACTING. i'm getting very tired of al the negative threads. I think some of the optimistics are to optimistic and pessimists are overreacting to. We wil not be world champions after this year. We are a team of the future like Dallas was 3 years ago. we wil make the play-offs and then we go from there

3. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Yes, and its pretty ridiculous.

4. tigereye

tigereye Member

Thank you, I see there are some real fans on this board. And to all of those who are overreacting, remember the words of Rudy:
    "Never underestimate the heart of a champion" even though we are not, yet. Go Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. HoustonTx211

HoustonTx211 Member

I don't think they are overreactin cuz we all tired of seeing the same inconsistancy of years past.

6. gram!

gram! Member

inconsistancy in the years past????

last year 3 of our starters missed all/half of the season. we started 2 rooks most of the season.

the year before, we won 45 games, barely missing the playoffs with an incredibly young and new team.

the year before, stevie was a rookie, and our big 2 (barkley and hakeem) went down with injuries.

what the f*ck are you talking about?? did you think before you posted? or are you a bandwagoner who just started watching this year?

we all need to chill! be like little fonzies, and be cool!!!!

7. tigereye

tigereye Member

Was Yao here in past years, no1 Having Yao is a big change. It takes time to adjust. Remember when we drafted Yao, everyone said we were going to have to be patient as fans. This is one of those times. Have a little faith everything is gonna be alright. Now someone please start a thread about something positive for us fans to talk about.

8. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

LOL!! People here have been overreacting since we lost the very first game of the season away to Indiana(who it turns out are not a bad team after all).

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

If the Rockets didn't suck so much the last two games, we wouldn't have reacted this way...

10. BBFEVER

BBFEVER Contributing Member

I think its safe to say that all of us Rocket fans have become spoiled ever since our championship years. Fact is only one team a year can win it all and it usually takes a team playing together for considerable time to reach that stage. Just ask Blazer fans. They thought they could buy a championship without having chemistry a few years back (remember the Pip trade :D ). While I admit I am one of those fans who scream at the TV when we lose to the likes of Memphis, I agree we should all chill out and realize that it will take some time and tinkering for this team to be in the Finals once again. I have faith that time will come, especially with the addition of a certain 7'6" center! GO ROCKETS!!

11. HoustonTx211

HoustonTx211 Member

Man just cuz Yao comes in don't mean that that gives the Rockets the excuse to keep playin inconsistant,Steve and the rest of the team should of became more consistant as a team by this year,all it really takes to beat these lessor teams is effort,even when they got Steve back last year they still played inconsistant.

12. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Hey tiger! Get with the program. You're not overreacting enough!

13. MASTERASIA

MASTERASIA Member

Oh plllease don't give me the REAL FANS BS!!:rolleyes: Never underestimate the heart of what champion? So tell me what player(s) on the Rockets now that was here when the Rockets won their 2 rings? Remember, this team haven't make the playoffs in three years ever since Francis came here. Overeacting? More like enough is enough!!!

14. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Everyone has caught my disease. This is just how I used to react in years past.

Maybe if I were to go back to my negative ways, the board would become more positive.

This is the biggest joke of a team ever. Rudy should be fired, Cut Tino, and trade SF for Andre Miller.

15. gram!

gram! Member

aww, c'mon zrb, i was beginning to like you!;)

but, i do believe some of yall whiners need to get on medication,

moodswings, delusions of grandeur, blaming everyone ....

wait, i think yall allready on "medication".... in rock form!

just calm down, and step away from the keyboard.

16. gram!

gram! Member

oh, and masterasia, do you even know what the rockets been through in the last 3 yrs? or are you talkin outta your ass?

major injuries, the loss of 2 hall of famers, and a really young team are why we been outta the playoffs.

a team needs a few years of playing together till they can be labeled as "inconsistant"

CHILL OUT DAMMITT!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

17. MASTERASIA

MASTERASIA Member

I think you need to chill out before your head burst open. If it's taking 3 years for the chemistry of the team to get going, there's definitely something's wrong! They probably would be the same team if the team didn't have Yao.

18. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

YES!!!

People need to just relax.

19. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

To add to this thread, the next time we lose another game, and ANYONE posts a thread with the title "'player name' needs to be traded!". I will throw my monitor out the freaking window.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

yes and i can't read most of this crap.

it's funny how both andre miller and elton brand are worshipped on a rockets board yet the clippers are 4 games UNDER .500. someone explain how it's possible that they could be everything that's right in basketball, how their all we need, and how we should trade all 14 players other than ming to the clips for them when those 2 can't even get their own team straight.

give me a f@#king break. it seems like people think this is a finished product and their judging them as so. how stupid is that? too bad the most positve thoughts about the rockets come from other cities.