1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

chron--Rockets get huge dose of reality

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by feishen, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Don't be so silly. What do you expect Wang to do? Stand there in practice and say "nope, he's my friend. I'm not telling you anything."

Sheesh :rolleyes:

2. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

never mind.
    people in this league are going to know it sooner or later.

3. Panda

Panda Member

Nope, stupido. I expect him to say "Yes I'm gonna sell out my friend to get more PT despite my 6 million guarenteed contract."

4. kelsey_tam

kelsey_tam Member

the again, Yao's going to develop some new moves.

5. Panda

Panda Member

6. jon

jon Contributing Member

IMO, this is the correct one. In addition, he also mean "when we play the stronger teams, we fight harder too(as a team)."

7. jon

jon Contributing Member

I was trying to blame YAO and Francis after Friday's game because I think it's quite unfair to always blame Francis for the defeat. But damn, just one game , They prove I was wrong. We say "Learn from mistake". It seems like some players never learn from mistake, and they just try to use any chance to become a hero while it turn out to be a .....:confused: :confused:

8. Sane

Sane Member

I don't want to have this same argument in 3 threads, but let me TEAR the "run the offense through Yao Ming" idea up...

In our 2 losses, Yao Ming is averaging more TO's, less assists, and less passing attempts (I'm sure) than Francis.

In fact, he's averaging 5.5 turnovers per game.

Francis is athletically gifted. Yao is tall and fluid FOR HIS SIZE.

9. Sane

Sane Member

Oh, and, NO, I'm not a Yao hater.

I'm as big a fan of Yao as I am of Francis, EASILY.

10. djkickass

djkickass Member

I dont think we should put the same expectation on SF as we did on Yao in terms of adjusting/learning. SF has been spoiled by Rudy in the past few years.

Rudy to SF,

Before Yao:
    Be aggressive, dont be intimidated! Get better with your jumpers.

After Yao:
    Get your teammates involved. Ball movement. Make good shots selection.

Hard to change bad habits overnight.

11. SaFe

SaFe Contributing Member

True, his turnovers were pretty high (Although you 5.5 is just BS, even if you just average the last 2 games, it is only 5), although some of the passes were dead on except his teamate didn't catch them. These turnovers will go down as the team gain chemistry and experience playing along Yao. However, it is till no excuse to give your best post player only 9 shots. And out of the 9 shots in clipper game, 3 of them were offensive rebounds that he grabbed, JUST SO HE CAN GET A CHANCE TO SHOOT. The main reason Yao even gets turnovers is because he wants to make plays for his teamates instead of jacking it up everytime he got the ball. I am much more tolerant about his turnovers then the 3.9 Steve is averaging this year, mostly out of stupidity.

12. superpro

superpro Member

Please don't try to put a label on everybody. I hope you are not a kid any more. Do you want me to call you Steve lover?

There are things we like either steve or Yao a lot and some things we don't like about them at the same time. How can you put a label on them?

I am sure 90% of those labellers on this board are either under 18 years old or never had the chance to get some further education beyond high school.

13. cujo

cujo Member

I agree.
    I rather see a turnover that is for trying to pass the ball to another player that should be trying to look for a pass cutting in, then just dribbling the ball off a foot or just traveling. Turnovers are bad period, but let's put it in perspective. I would rather have the ball in Yao's hand to distribute the ball from the post than see a guard dribble and dribble and make a desperation pass to beat the clock. The ball should go into Yao when the outside shots are not working, especially in the fourth.

14. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

Francis named Ming the Dynasty, he said Ming made things alot easier for him and Mobley said he loved the guy and was quoted "he makes my life easier"

With that being said, its hard to believe that they don't believe in Ming. Ming dropped 27 pts and 16 rebounds against the twin towers and he was clearly scoring at will on Kandi. To prove Ming, does Ming have to dominate Shaq? :rolleyes:

15. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Well, only juniors like us will get bashed here when we say any things negative about SF, being "anti- Rox" and "Yao lovers".:rolleyes:

16. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

I think Yao did get his touches while playing for his Shanghai Shark. Only during the World Games that he didnt get much assists from the pg.

17. Sane

Sane Member

7 + 4 = 11
    11 / 2 = 5.5

Thank you very much.

Yao is not ready to run the offense. Look carefully at CBA, World Championships, and Rockets games, and you'll see that Ming averages a peculiarly high number of TO's for a C.

Steve averages 3.9, but this is only because it's including a 5 TO average in the first 6 games or so. That was when the team was gelling.

Listen, I'm not making this a Steve vs Yao thing. Yao will not, cannot, and will never win without Francis. He will not look as good without a PG who can slice through steel with his penetration. But Steve will also never win without Yao.

They need each other, they work well together.

Francis was a man last night. He took the shots that leaders take, and he missed. It's harder to take the shot than to actually make it.

So Ming got 9 shots, big deal. Clearly, he has been bothered by the Clippers Kandi and Wang tandem. With the team collapsing on Ming, I think it was brilliant for Francis to try to take over.

18. titaniumws

titaniumws Member

Sometimes the hardest challenges are easier than the more difficult ones?!?!?

"Sometimes the hardest challenges are easier than the more difficult ones," Pine said Yao said. "When you face more difficult challenges, there is the possibility to fail."

what does that mean?:confused:

this quote was taken from the Huston Cronicle after the lost to the clippers.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/sports/bk/bkn/1703260

19. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

It really means the hardest tasks are easier (cuz you take it with full heart) than medium tasks (cuz you take it light-hearted).

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think it means that the hardests things are more challenging that the softests things.

Either way, Colin Pine does seem like the type of guy who would translate everything into challenging hard things.