1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

chron--Rockets get huge dose of reality

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by feishen, Dec 15, 2002.

1. feishen

feishen Member

Oh, dont bring KT up, it's pretty much one way basketball to the hoop if he has the ball. I would go as far as saying he's the most selfish player in this Rox team. He really think he is the super-star of somesort.

2. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I thought RudyT is a "statistics" kinda guy?

If so, he TOTALLY should be going to the high FG% man. Why you would favor the 45% vs. the 60% shooter is beyond me. The problem isn't simply that SF and Cat are taking WAY too many shots, its that the shots are LOW QUALITY shots. Unless the Rox realize that the game is INSIDE-OUT instead of OUTSIDE-IN, they will continue to be as inconsistent as their jump shot is.

Brand got into foul trouble late... and by whose doing? YAO'S!!!! Had the Rox gone to Yao earlier for more touches, Brand could have been contained.

3. MASTERASIA

MASTERASIA Member

Well, you guys are making great points and I couldn't agree more. I wonder when Steve bandwagon is coming in to his defend.;)

4. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Can anybody who understand this translate it for me? :D

Wondering what the Chinese version is, I might understand it.

5. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

There's NOTHING TO DEFEND, Asia. Bottom line is that SF is NOT PLAYING LIKE A LEADER, instead, he's playing like an idiot. If he was smart, he'd realize... "Look, i have a 7'5" Mother of a Weapon besides me, who shoots a higher percentage than me, and even if he misses, he'll find me." Statistically, yesterday seemed like a terrific day for SF, but despite it all, b/c of some dude named JWilliams, we still got the L. Today, he had an awful day and we got a deserved L.

You know, the other issue I will raise is the whole ISOLATION plays issue. Now, I wonder if its

a) Some dude from the sidelines or even SF himself calling it out.

OR

b) The result of a stagnating offense where people w/o the ball are just standing around watching.

I don't know, but what I do know is that ISOs SUCK!. Weak teams run ISOs. Strong teams pass the ball. We really need more time out of MOOCH.

JMHO

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Give it a week or two... he'll swing the other way.

Steve Francis will eventually make DaDakota explode from the force of flip-flopping on loving and hating him. :)

7. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

Ok, let me try. I am not chinese but I think understand what hes trying to say.

Degrees of Challenges

Easiest
    More Easy
    Easy
    Moderate
    Difficult
    More Difficult
    Hardest

Hardest is probably posting 30 points and 20 rebounds and More difficult might be making 4 free throws in a row, or make a fade away or something like that.

"And when you face more difficult challenges, there is the possibility to fail."

he definitely had more difficult ones, he had turnovers, didn't get the ball, no ball distribution, etc.

I am probably wrong but thats my take.

8. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Translation #1: We came into this weekend still hungover by our great win over Sac thinking the Grizz and Clips would be a breeze. Well, we got our A$$e$ handed to us and its high time we start layin' off the booze. BURP"

Translation #2: "American basketball stinks. In three years, team China will be victorious in the Olympics"

Translation #3: "If SF doesn't get his act together, I may have to fly back to rejoin my Shanghai Sharks"

:p :p :p

9. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

Okay, here is the translation:

"Sometimes it is harder to play the weaker teams, as opposed to the stronger teams, as the weaker teams will come out fighting hard, and there is always a possibility to lose to them."

Soulsong999

10. airforce

airforce Member

In fact, when Rox meet stronger teams, everyone wants beat them at first and put self-stats at 2nd, but when Rox oppose weak teams somebody regard victory is easier and it is good time to pick up self-stats.

11. kelsey_tam

kelsey_tam Member

real translation:

Sometime, the most difficult challenges is not the hardest one( like winning the game) but the easiest one( like not jacking up 3s and getting out of control)

12. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

I didn't realise Steve's defense sucked so bad until the last two games. The opposing PG is cutting him like Swiss cheese each time. Ming/Griffin had to help on blocking the drive so many freaking times.

13. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

hehe...

my version

Sometime, the most difficult challenge is not the hardest one( like beating the Kings) but the easiest one( like beating Memphis)

and the reason for that is people often take easy ones lightly.

14. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

What Yao really meant by the quote was, "It's tough as hell to get the ball when you have a bad PG in the Chinese league. It's even tougher when you play with Francis."

15. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

Damn that's some quote from Yao. When was the last time you have to be celebral on quotes from other NBA players?:)

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

This is the dumbest post that I've ever read.

.....and you were where doing so well.

18. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I didn't watch the last two games, but I still don't see how people can accuse Francis and Mobley of caring more about their stats than the team. The things they do aren't because they want to average a ton of points, it's because they are a bit arrogant and think that they are the only ones on the team who can win games. It's not about low IQ and it's not about selfishness, it's just a simple matter of trust. They don't trust their teammates enough. I don't think that they don't believe in Ming, it's just that because he's a rookie, they don't see him as a first option. Again, that's 2 parts arrogance, 1 part NBA/sports culture. Veterans don't defer to rookies. Anyways, it's 2 losses, not the end of the world. The Rocks will bounce back, win a few games in a row, and some of you will jump off the bashing bandwagon and back onto the love train. Not to hard to predict the behavior of this BBS.

19. prlen

prlen Member

"(L.A. Clipper center Wang Zhi-Zhi) helped us tremendously. He told us his two best moves, he told us about his pump fakes and head fakes, so we were probably as prepared as any team that's played him. But on the other side of that, you can see it doesn't matter. The guy is going to be a great player.
    Every game I see him, I think he gets better and smarter -- his up-and-under moves and things like that. I think we're probably doing as good a job as you can do on him, considering his talent In another year or so, Yao Ming has got a chance to be the most dominant guy, other than Shaq in this league. You add a great guard like Steve Francis, they can become very similar to the Magic Johnson and Kareem (Abdul-Jabbar) situation."

- Los Angeles Clipper coach Alvin Gentry,

20. Panda

Panda Member

I thought Wang is Yao's friend? Why doesn't Wang just wirte a book called "Yao's Moves" and make a bundle out of it? What a piece of sh@t,