1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill and Clyde about to murder each other

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Mar 24, 2012.

1. jocar

jocar Member

gotta love it

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Any day now, in the middle of a broadcast, I expect Worrell to have one of THESE moments:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wtfCRaNg5EU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, it seems like Clyde has been a little more ornery lately. When Bill correctly points out a questionable call the past few games, Clyde inexplicably seems to be going out of his way to argue that it wasn't a bad call.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I didn't get NBA League pass this season so the Rockets/Mavs saturday night game which was shown on NBA TV was my first this season listening to Bill & Clyde....

Clyde is terrible. We know this. But it is staggering to listen to his color commentary when you are not subjected to it on a nightly basis. It is almost shocking how horrible his commentating is when you haven't heard it for a while, which was this case for me this season.

Bill is always great, but Clyde is probably right at the top of the worst NBA color commentators for home announcers. Just awful!

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

True Dat!

I live in DC, but don't have league pass. So i was very excited to watch the Mav/Rockets matchup on Sat....until i realized that it was gonna be a home broadcast and that i would be forced to listen to Clyde.

For a NBA hall-of-famer, he really says the most ignorant things imaginable ...about basketball. I'm not even gonna talk about his profound ignorance on all things outside of basketball, like saying that he knows how to speak spanish ..."taco". I'm just limiting this post to his incredibly wrong and misguided basketball comments.

Comparing Scola to Kobe was just plain stupid. Talking about how bad our bench is without acknowledging that our two best scorers are out and that there are two bench players in the strating lineup was just plain stupid (thank God Bill jumped in to raise that point). The guy just doesn't speak well, he doesn't add much in the way of basketball insight, and worst of all, he's one of those people that thinks he's the funniest person alive ...except that he's not ...at all.

Why are we giving this guy license to litterally ruin Rockets' broadcasts? I was so embarrased for the organization. No overexaggeration: We have the worst broadcast in the NBA.

Les, please get rid of this guy. For God's sake ...do something!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Clyde is a little goofy, Bill is great, but I think they really like each other. I think they are actually entertaining together although, Bill and Bull are far better.

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Really? Nothing disappoints me more that when I get the Rockets feed on League Pass for our home games. LOVE Bill and Bull, but with Clyde it's a complete 180.

8. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I'm the opposite of most people.

I'm pretty sick of Bill's homerism, really. He gets pretty ridiculous. Clyde isn't as big of a homer as Matt/Bill, and he's ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS. Clubbing baby seals? No blood no foul? Hilarious.

9. denver-rox-fan

Funny, I had the same reaction the first time I heard Clyde on a boradcast on a year or so break from seeing Rockets local broadcasts.

Somehow he is hard to listen to, can't really get into one of those conversational type tempos with Bill, and makes really bad basketball points. Which is crazy for two reasons: one he's a hall of famer, two, he see's EVERY Rox game, how could end up thinking Scola has a good 18 footer??????

Put me in the camp that LIKES homer announcers. Especially since any national guy is going to know little to nothing about the Rockets. I also loved Calvin Murphy. He was the perfect combination of homer, excited about the games, and capable of dishing out some pretty smart comments.

On a different note, this thread kinda reminded me of THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUMZjy8rXE4&feature=related

10. conquistador#11

"that's why you should stick to announcing." -clyde- that was after bill suggesting mr. bang would one day play the Shooting guard.

dem' fighting words!

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think they are actually buddies, but Clyde still gets on Bill's nerves sometimes.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They have to be... No way they could be working for years otherwise

13. conquistador#11

more than likely. they were laughing it up and fake punching in the arm during the post game.

bill probably reads this thread and thinks...'cold blooded thread', while drexler just hehehehehehehehehehehes it. :p

there was still an awkward silence during that comment though.