1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill and Clyde about to murder each other

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Mar 24, 2012.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe Worrell is just playing along or acting like he is mad.
    Just some fake stuff.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

No jury of his peers (Rox fans) will convict!

3. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Bill: Cardinal flops again... two flops' too many. the refs dint buy it this time.
    Clyde: let him alone Bill, the guy is trying to get some minutes.

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

There's definitely tension, I think if you were to ask Bill honestly, he wouldn't want to work with Drexler anymore. Many times you hear Bill sigh, pause, just say okay or trying to get Drexler to realise he is saying something stupid but Clyde tries to defend his idiocy at all cost.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Bill is much better than Clyde, but at least Clyde won't blame the refs as much. Overall, Bill's bias is pretty standard though, not like Boston or Chicago or Denver or some of the other loons out there.

6. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Oh man lol. Can you imagine whats it like in the rockets time out huddle...

Rudy T: clyde, i need you to keep on taking the ball to the hole.
    Clyde: like the one i just did coach?

7. TheRaymond

TheRaymond Member

First of all. They are not suppose to be unbiased. They are paid by the team, so they are actually pushed to be biased. Teams learned a long time ago that most fans enjoy announcers that are on "their side."

Secondly, how can you guys forget Milo when talking about legendary Houston play-by-play guys? Loved listening to him on the radio when I was a kid.

8. Point Eludes

Point Eludes Member

The bigger "Awkward Commentary Moment" for me tonight was the Dirk/Traylor stuff. From the SECOND Bill brought up the trade and how Dallas fans were originally upset about it, I began cringing, waiting for Clyde to accidentally say something offensive.

And then sure enough, he says something along the lines of (paraphrased, obviously): "LOL, and now the Dallas fans boo Tractor Traylor!"

I KNEW Clyde forgot/didn't know/didn't care that Tractor died about a year ago.

Anyway, not a BIG thing, but I think its telling that from the moment it started being discussed, I knew Clyde would say something like that.

1 person likes this.
  9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Bill: well... I was talking about depth
    Clyde: ya gotta have that!

10. VBG

VBG Member

Clyde is just not good at his job and its irritating. He's an anti-homer

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yeah, another very, very awkward moment. I was surprised Bill didn't correct Clyde on that. I guess he was just silently facepalming.

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Bill mentioned the Rockets/Mavs series as happening in '06 and Clyde missed his chance to one up him by correcting him...

did anyone else catch that?

13. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Clyde is cool, Bill is a moron. Always whining about the refs like a crybaby. Hes the least liked and respected commentator in the NBA, everyone knows how annoying he is.

14. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Scola had it no doubt, but it wasn't one of his go to moves per say.

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Haha, almost up there with the Eddie Griffin stuff. Clyde needs a "Who's Dead" list with him at all times during broadcasts.

Also, one other note of tension between the two is the way Bill keeps making little comments about Clyde not traveling with them like "Well you'd know -- if you were at the game in ---" when talking about a player or the way they were talking about what they get paid and Bill saying Clyde never worked a day in his life last night. Obvious joking, but there's this super awkward undertone to it.

16. ThaShark316_28

I said it on twitter, man..."there's goes Clyde, gearing up to disrespect the dead again"...it's hilariously awful.

17. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

[​IMG]

18. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

The chemistry just isn't right between Bill and Clyde. Clyde doesn't bring any insight to the game! He was a great player, but he's a horrible commentator!

Bill and Calvin Murphy, i think, had great chemistry and it really seems like Clyde has sucked the fun out of commentating for Bill.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

You know what, this has never ever once occurred to me. Amazing how the simplest things can just go over your (mine) head.

I will do this from now on for all sports that I get to watch.

20. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Doesn't always work as the sound on the radio often doesn't sync up with what is happening on tv, being ahead or behind the action by a few seconds.

I'm surprised more people haven't brought up how Drexler said Scola was as good as Lebron, Durant, Dirk and every other superstar Bill brought up.