1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGreat, Aug 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

You won't be able to purchase it until you get to the Citadel. You buy it from the terminal in the Spectre office for 250k. You can also buy it from the terminal in the Normandy's armory, but the price is 10% higher. There's also a way to get a discount at stores, but at the moment I don't remember how.

2. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I believe it's an option on one of the intels you find for Liara.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea it's 250k on the Spectre terminal, just save the money til you have enough. I bought it and all the upgrades for it, yet had 450k credits left before my last mission (went all out and bought all fish, the Spectre Shotgun and the Aquarium VI lmao). You get tons of credits in this game, so don't worry. Scan all planets for assets and for the side mission items. Sometimes you get like 30k for just one side quest item you collected via scan.

4. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

This game is really good so far. Just have two minor complaints: that chase scene with the kid was stupid and the weapon carrying limit is kinda annoying. Wnat weapons are worth carrying around (other than sniper)?

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I usually just carry assault rifle and shotgun.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

As Infiltrator you should carry a SMG to have firepower against mutiple enemies in near/mid distance confrontations. Sniper and SMG, that's it.

7. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Just finished the game, haven't really read this thread much because I didn't want the end spoiled. I heard most people didn't like the ending but I am very happy with it. Only part of the game I didn't like that much was
    that most side missions became non existent and you only had to scan planets resulting in less actual worlds to explore. I figured this was because most everything was supposed to be explored prior to this game. reaper chases became a very boring mini-game.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That reaper music still startles me though.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Tell us what you liked about the ending, to most it seemed your decisions from ME I-III didn't matter, the outcomes are all the same, there are tons of plot holes in the last minutes and it all seems rushed, with you not knowing what happens to the galaxy and all your squad.

10. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I'll try to give my input on the game and the series as a whole.

First off I thought the entire game as a whole was fantastic. From the revamped combat to customizations in weapons and skills. I played a Vanguard throughout the whole series(even though that is an atrocious class in ME1). The ending satisfied what I wanted out of the game. Throughout the whole game I was predominately Paragon with plenty of Renegade options. I would generally reply to comments or situations as I would if I was there. The whole series read look a book with so many different characters and worlds to explore. ME1 was more about setting up the background story. ME2 about the characters involved. ME3 about finally stopping the reapers. I was happy every time one of the characters I saved in ME2 was there to make a reappearance in ME3(Grunt's scene especially).

I never read anything about ME3 before the game came out to make it a surprise for me but there were a few things I wanted to accomplish. These were: Destroying the reapers, insuring the death of the illusive man, and ultimately uniting and saving the galaxy. I did all of these things with my actions. Throughout ME3 everyone was always so focused on their own race's problems they often ignored the fact that the galaxy was in peril. I was able to play through and solve their differences for them at the same time uniting them for the greater good of saving the galaxy. I feel that throughout the entire game the reapers have been trying to control you just as they controlled Saren and The Illusive Man. Something about them made me inherently want them destroyed.

I did feel like the entire final scene was all for show to make you to second guess yourself and pick a decision you thought was good but would end up badly. I knew right away that destroying the Reapers was my only option. My Shepherd managed to survive the final confrontation because of my high Effective Military Strength. That breath at the end just summed up everything I wanted to do in the game. I fought through the Reapers BS and won. I guess many people wanted more from it but I played the game as I wanted and finished the story as I wanted. Destroying the Reapers and saving the galaxy. The grandfather/child scene at the end just reinforced that all of my actions would be talked about for millenniums to come.

I understand that some people wanted more of an ending, more to the story, but to me I loved the way the 3 games played out and the way I played my story. You just have to remember that the main focus of the game is the journey along the way. Most decisions you make happen right then and you are living with them throughout. One thing I did wish got carried over was the data you find in ME2. You have the option to give it to the Alliance, Cerberus, or keep it for yourself. I was hoping to use it as leverage in ME3 but never noticed it mentioned at all.

The only downside of the game was that there wasn't the 17 endings they talked about and it was more summed up into 3 choices.Which on the surface the choices seemed the exact same but it is kind of a decision to how you want your game to end. Focus on the entire story and not 10 minutes of one game. In the end I played the games as I saw fit and tip my hat to one of the most enjoyable game series I've ever played through. I do feel like this game was very emotional in regards to the other two and had a lot more artistic value in nature.

TL;DR version:
    The game shut the book on my story of the game which gave me closure. I didn't ask for more than what was presented to me as I was happy with how my story played out.

Also I felt the entire soundtrack was just fan-****ing-tastic.

11. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

#371 cwebbster, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  12. magman

magman Member

Not a new ending, just an extended cut to explain the ending. Which I think if you have to explain the ending it means the ending sucks.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/mass-effect-3-extended-cut/

13. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

Thank god it'll be free.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'll download it (especially since it's free), but I'm not overly optimistic. I don't necessarily blame them for not rewriting the ending, but simply extending it basically ignores all of the other documented flaws. Whenever Bioware brings up "closure", it just sounds to me like their missing a big part of the fan gripes. In reality, if they acknowledged those flaws, they couldn't get away with simply extending the existing ending. By giving the appearance of "selective hearing", they can pretend that they're addressing the fan concerns, which they kind of are but also kind of aren't.

In the end, it'll probably be better that what was in the game but based on how Bioware is wording it, I expect the majority of critics to still be left unsatisfied.

15. RedNation

mordin dying was extremely sad. He went out as hero though AND was singing!

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    Yea, that boi is a hero in my book.

17. RedNation

Without spoiling the ending, can anyone tell me what is necessary to get the best ending? Like, do I have to do the online stuff?

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

I thought people have given up on the ending. There is no good ending. All are schitte.

19. RedNation

"the best ending" is what I meant. Unless it truly is just different colored explosions. Then, it doesn't matter

20. CXbby

CXbby Member

All the endings are the same, that is what people are complaining about. The whole series was built on the promise of choice and consequences, when in the end none of your choices mattered and it was all an illusion. I do not see how "extending" that and better explaining how none of it mattered makes the ending any better. Not all is lost though, at least Witcher 2 is coming out for Xbox in less than 2 weeks.