1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

12/11 - Yao Ming Day

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wlqq, Dec 13, 2002.

Tags:
  1. wlqq

wlqq Member

2. SFrancis3

SFrancis3 Member

You guys need to seriously jump off Yao's you know what. I am speaking to about 95% of you guys out there.

3. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

so r we gonna get a day off for that or what?

4. bluecat

bluecat Member

as I mentioned in my post at feedback section,

we have 10000 registered ccneters but HALF OF THEM registerred AFTER May 2002.

guess how many of them are stupid yao-only kids whose post are more annoying than entertaining.

I guess we could have a warning section under the post mes button, to instruct them about how and what they should post or start a new thread.

5. lovethisgametoo

This is why a Yao-only forum will be a good idea.....and as a result Yao topic is banned in other forums.

6. WNBA

WNBA Member

Fortunately, "annoying" free speech is the reason why cc.net getting hot.

7. theguent

theguent Member

Agreed.

Yao only forum is becoming a necessity. Under Clutch BBS, we could start a "Lets Talk Yao" forum to let them waste their own time, and still have the "Lets talk Rocks" forum for those who actually care about this team.

I love Yao and all, but this getting out of hand.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I find this post by

bluecat

Member: #8718

more annoying than entertaining.

As pointed out in this thread, making an effort to spell properly would have been the least thing you should have done before posting the same thing twice in both the Game Action and the Feedback forum.

9. lovethisgametoo

How about applying this only to Yao posts??

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree that this is probably the time for Clutch to consider split up the Rockets forum into small forums. Creating a Yao forum and a Trade Talk forum will certainly reduce a lot of traffic in the main Rockets forum.

After the Yao hoopla dies down some time next year, we may close down the Yao forum and merge it back to the main Rockets place.

11. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

No offense but this isn't YaoMingCity.bet, it is ClutchCity.net. There aren't forums here for Steve Francis or Cuttino Mobley. This site is dedicated to the HOUSTON ROCKETS before, during and after Yao. This site was here before Steve Francis and will, fingers crossed, be here after he's gone too.

We all know Yao is a sensation and that's great, but the site isn't dedicated to a player. It's dedicated to a TEAM.

And one other thing...

I LOVE Yao. I'm tremendously glad he is a Rocket. But everyone who comes in here and pisses on any of the Rockets other players when the team loses or complains about how little Yao gets the ball or whatever else is going to get hammered and rightfully so.

If you want to talk about the ROCKETS and Yao Ming as a part of the team and the organization, great. If you don't care about the team and only really care about the player, you are probably wasting your time here.

12. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I hope you are joking. Censorship is the last thing we need at Clutchcity. As a long time Rox fan, I am as excited about Yao as those "stupid Yao-only kids". Besides, it's not that often ESPN spends so much bandwidth on a Rox player. :D

13. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I'm not sure the Yao hoopla will die down. If anything, it's likely to keep growing at the rate our star center is performing. Nevertheless, I'd like to think that most Yao fans are also new Rocket fans...folks who will continue to support the Rockets through this entire growth process. :D

While the futures of both Yao and the Rockets are intertwined, I definitely see the need to draw a line between the Yao ONLY fans and the 2002 Rockets fans. This isn't to stir up animosity or drive a wedge between new fans, but something's amiss when four of the top seven threads are dedicated to Yao ONLY. By my understanding, this forum is supposed to be about Rocket basketball. Yao is great. No doubt about it. But do we really need to crash the server on account of non-Rocket bball related threads?

:confused:

I can't speak for the Clutch Crew, but I will say that there are many alternative message boards that Yao ONLY fans could consider (e.g. Yahoo) -- i.e. those who don't care to talk basketball. In all fairness to the folks who maintain these boards, I think we owe it to them to be responsible with our posts.

:p :p :p

theSAGE

14. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Thanks for the picture wlqq.

Sure, there are way too many indiscreet posts righ tnow, but the hostility towards this thread is unwarranted. People just get overly sensitive. I for one am grad to see a cristal clear picture, and I don't know YaoMIng day actually exits.

I just hope people in the Rockets organization can keep Yao's off court duty as low as possible. The kid needs as much time as possible to rest.