1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why don't you look it up, pick a case, and then contrive some incredibly convoluted and unlikely justification for why the killer was acting in self defense.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL. I almost forgot the black was watching basketball. Good call!

3. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Why don't you go down to MLK Blvd and ask a few citzens that question? I'll drive you there myself.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

oh brother. time for the pity party

5. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

I used to make deliveries there all the time. Met a lot of nice folks.

6. sjackson0

i'm sure.....the owners of the super markets and fast food spots are all happy to get deliveries

7. sjackson0

You deny it Bigot Boy?

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is me making stuff up.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=15949879

ABC News has learned police seemed to accept Zimmerman's account at face value that night and that he was not tested for drugs or alcohol on the night of the shooting, even though it is standard procedure in most homicide investigations.

The night of Feb. 26, Zimmerman made a non-emergency call to police before fatally shooting Martin, in which he told a dispatcher, "This guy looks like he's up to no good, on drugs or something."

But law enforcement expert Rod Wheeler who listened to the tapes tells ABC News that Zimmerman, not Martin, sounded intoxicated in the police recordings of the 911 calls.

"When I listened to the 911 tape the first thing that came to my mind is this guy sounds intoxicated. Notice how he's slurring his words. We as trained law enforcement officers, we know how to listen for that right away and I think that's going to be an important element of this entire investigation," Wheeler said.

But Zimmerman was not tested.

9. bigtexxx

Nothing but insults coming from you

I'll be the bigger man and not respond in kind. I won't stoop to your level.

1 person likes this.
  10. ashiin

ashiin Member

Then answer other people's posts mr bigot.

11. sjackson0

You insult yourself.....Do you deny that if Zimmerman was black, would he be in jail waiting a trial?

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What's with all the angry mob insults against bigtexxx? :confused:

13. bigtexxx

They feel threatened because I'm asking the tough questions. These questions could open the door to causing their preconceived biases to be wrong. That threatens them, so they react with all they know how, insults.

In short, it's intellectual laziness being rightly challenged by my posts.

14. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

See, I don't think it's the law that the problem here. Member of the Florida House who introduced this bill made a pretty clear statement.

Paraphrasing: "The law was enacted so people who are attacked and feel their lives are at danger have sufficient means to protect themselves. Florida stands by the people who stand by themselves. Gun rights people and the like are saying "the law is the problem" that is not the case. The law does not apply to this case, Zimmerman initiated the interaction thus he wasn't privy to the rights under this law. People are just quick to say it's the laws that are the problem and not the individuals who do the actions"

The SYG law is hardly the problem itself.

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

fixed

16. sjackson0

shock and ahh

[​IMG]

Fox News

Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood

[​IMG]

17. ashiin

ashiin Member

He doesn't give a **** about the deceased, starts riling everybody up by defending Zimmerman because he claimed there was no evidence. The evidences start showing up and he completely ignores all of them and keeps claiming that more is needed. Never acknowledges the fact that Zimmerman is guilty in anyway and basically defends him. He also refers to Martin as "the black".

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This is a very sensitive subject and big_texxx's persistent trolling and mock objectivity is an affront to just about everybody else here, regardless of race, but it's probably particularly galling to some people for whom this story hits especially close to home. After 139 posts from big_texxx defending a racist murderer (despite the fact that the evidence he supposedly wanted is all coming out to make Zimmerman look more guilty), frustration has probably boiled over. For their own mental health, they'd be better off putting texxx on ignore, but I can understand being indignant to see injustice rationalized.

19. bigtexxx

Actually that's not right.

Have I defended Zimmerman, or simply asked questions that could create doubt? I've said all along that we just don't know enough to make a decision. That's different than defending Zimmerman.

And I've said it's tragic that Martin died.

The real reason is people are emotionally invested in seeing their biased opinion proven right....and I've exposed errors in their logic. That stings a lot of folks here.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

care to respond to these two questions?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6715790&postcount=605
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6715847&postcount=612