1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGreat, Aug 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I read that you cannot play this game on the PC with a 360 controller. Is that true?

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

There is a lot of work being done by the "re-take movement" atm. It seems like Bioware has actually started to acknowledge what's going on and are trying to work with the community.

This is very well articulated thread that is worth the read if you were dissatisfied with the endings:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...-31812-748-PM-UTCGMT--4-hours-10084349-1.html

Also, give the below video a view. Anything to show that there are many people interested in this helps.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JspE9ctseIU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JspE9ctseIU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

3. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Yes, this is true. The UI on the PC version is made specifically for the keyboard and mouse.

1 person likes this.
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I had an idea that would've made the existing ending better. Not great, but better.

It's simple, make the success or failure of your final decision be determined by previous actions. The "destroy" option for example. The supposed drawback of the option is that organics will eventually create synthetics that will completely destroy all organic life in the universe. The Reapers, now destroyed, will not be able to "save" organics. When this is explained to Shepard, his reply is simply "maybe". Capitalize on that. Maybe it'll happen like the catalyst said and maybe it won't. If Shepard was able to broker peace between the Quarians and Geth, then he destroys the reapers and everything is fine. The catalyst's predictions were wrong because of the actions Shepard took. If Shepard doesn't broker peace, then it happens like the Catalyst said and organics are wiped out by synthetics at some point in the future.

With the "control" ending, simply make the ability to control the reapers dependent on your Paragon/Renegade meter. If you played a Paragon character, you were "good" enough to control the reapers. If you were a Renegade, a "whatever it takes" type player somewhat similar to the Illusive Man, then controlling the Reapers backfires and Earth and the galaxy are destroyed. Maybe even connect your ability to save your own species with whether you decided to save the Krogan or not.

I don't know. Just some things I thought of. Making your previous choices matter in determining whether your end choice was successful or not.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I just want them to acknowledge the Indoctrination/Hallucination theory, when you check the threads, listen to dialogue in the game and videos there is sooooo much near evidence that it ain't even funny. Bioware left so many "clues" that make that theory work, why make a perfect game with details and involve all choices you made in the previous games, even the smallest ones, and then blow it all up in 10 minutes? It doesn't make sense and doesn't suit these awesome writers who dedicated so much to make this is a believable and ridiculously detailed plot/world.

Why do all your crew members talk about settling at a beach at some point of the game...and then in the ending they strand on a each, even the crew members who logically couldn't be on the Normandy because they were with you.

Why does he hear all these voices in the last parts, how does Anderson arrive before Shepard, why does the Child say "Wake up" when your eyes are clearly open? Why do you continously hear the growls when facing the child or in other critical situations, when growls are stated as reaper reactions to a failed indoctrination in the codex?

Just so much stuff that doesn't make sense at all, do you really believe they f...ked up completely and lost all their minds in the last 10 minutes?

Here's an Ending Idea that a fan made, please take the time to read it. Bioware should really listen to some of the Community folks, they have really good ideas to turn this situation around:

http://arkis.deviantart.com/art/Mass-Effect-3-Alternate-Endings-SPOILERS-289902125

6. Cannonball

In the end, yeah, I think they just ****ed up and that the indoctrination theory is largely a fan made narrative used to fill in holes. I'd like to believe it, but I don't. AFAIK, the indoctrination theory was never part of the script, which had leaked long before the game was released. People were upset at the ending before the game was even released. Somebody also worked with BioWare to write an e-Book about the making of the game and AFAIK, there's no mention of the ending changing in that either.

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

The thing about the ending is that I do think a lot of people wanted their happy ending, and they're mad that they didn't get it, and I object to that.

I wouldn't have minded if Bioware had made it basically impossible for Sheperd to survive. Hell, if they had just made a REAL epilogue and not some ludicrous jungle crap, I would just said it would have been a bad ending then.

But the entire package of BS that was that damn kid, his r****ded arguments, and that everything didn't matter and you don't get to see the results of your action? F that. And it was also hilarious to me because to me, the Destroy argument, the one that the Kid basically says is the bad choice, is the best one and the one that Kiritsugu Shepard selected without any hesitation.

tl;dr the ending really did destroy this whole series. I was planning on doing one more 3-game replay... and I just can't. It's that terrible.

8. Cannonball

^^^^^^^
    I agree. I'm fine with Shepard sacrificing himself to save the galaxy. I think most critics of the ending are as well and are somewhat mis-characterized by BioWare's supporters on the issue. I'm more miffed that at the copy/paste epilogues and the feeling that the decisions you made across 3 games really didn't factor into the endgame. That, and the ending just felt kind of tacked on and random. They went for "ambiguous" and "WTF?" and I wouldn't been more satisfied with more traditional black and white type ending. BioWare was going for a mysterious ending that would fuel speculation but they screwed the pooch and pissed off a whole bunch of gamers instead.

9. magman

magman Member

I completely agree, I don't need a happy ending, I just felt that everything I put into the games side missions and bringing peace to geth/quarians, curing the genophage etc. didn't matter at all.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/99kS02nPoEM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/99kS02nPoEM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

10. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Damn people put the freaking SPOILER TAGS ON YOUR POSTS!

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

We figured everybody knew about the ending already, you shouldn't really look at this thread that lnog after release when you don't want spoilers.

We can't keep our dirty little mouths shut, sorry. :(

12. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I still don't know the ending. Selective reading ;)

13. Cannonball

What should the moratorium on open spoilers be for movies and video games? I'm a firm believer of TV Shows being open to free discussion as soon as they've aired but it's not as easy for other things.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its simple.
    Kill the batman.

15. RedNation

Just no extreme plot spoilers (without the spoiler tag) is all I ask. Even if there is one, I usually realize it and don't read on.

16. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I generally go with "if you think someone might possibly have a problem with it (ANYBODY!), spoiler it to be safe." Though I strayed from that a bit in this thread.

From time to time, I might read video game threads that are months old (or more), without having played them and yet still interested in playing them. Actually...guess this is sort of an example (except the "for months" part). I spoiled myself intentionally.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

18. RedNation

People should generally be aware that there will be spoilers especially for a game that received so much criticism because of the end. This thread is dangerous :grin:. Spoilers are also very tempting and I tend to click them.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

20. RedNation

Thanks I clicked on the link :eek:

Then I forced myself to stop. Once I actually play multiple hours a day, I will stay away from this thread