1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets sign guard Courtney Fortson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Mar 17, 2012.

?

Did you like the 10-day signing of Courtney Fortson to fill their new roster spot?

Poll closed Mar 27, 2012.
  1. YES

55 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. NO

49 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. Rowdy20

Rowdy20 Member

Watched this kid play a number of times in college, and during the d-league showcase thing they did at the beginning of the year. Been impressed every time I've seen him play. Should be serviceable at the very least.

2. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

he had a pretty good career in Sacramento and Portland only. Brian Grant instantly became a srub when he turned 30 and went to the Lakers.

3. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

I've been a fan of this kids since he was back at Arkansas. Watched him play a lot. He's pretty much a more explosive version of Ish Smith. He's as quick as Aaron Brooks, but he actually has court vision.

Can be a very good back up.

4. joesr

joesr Member

Why is this a poll? They signed him for 10 days (min) only to meet 10 man roster requirements.

Nothing to see here.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Followed his games with the Clippers, intriguing prospect, high energy and good ball-handling.

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

I don't know who he is but I would rather have someone new like him come in the mix than some worn out shoe like the other options.

Who knows what this guy will bring to the court? He could be another overlooked talented player. I sincerely hope Morey is learning how to better analyze players as the years go on and that he is learning from some of the mistakes he has made (cough LIN cough-cough)

7. Htown's2kFinest

Patty Mills was available and but we got who??? **** now the Spurs picked him up. :rolleyes:

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They just want to confuse the announcers with two Courtneys.

9. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

if we'll miss Lowry for a long time, I think we better sign Arenas or anyone who can bring an impact off the bench..

10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Speaking of which, watch the highlight mix posted by RedNation in post #9. Watch 00:27 mark...

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He was rubbish out there today

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not surprised.... Conroy did have double doubles for the Vipers but he never led the team to many victories... They were losing, blown out with Conroy and Morris in the line up.

13. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

He's got to be better than that Jeremy Lin bum that was waived by Morey for Jeff Adrien.

14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

We had Conroy before and he was pretty terrible.

15. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

2courtneys?

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

No, I dont like it! Open up the purse strings and go get a freakin vet! AI, Arenas, etc... so sick of always gettin some no name... I'd rather have a 'has been' - then a 'never will be'... other teams get Stackhouses, TMacs, etc to round out their team... so sick of feelin like we shop for players at the discount store...

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I have always liked Fortson as a player. He is one of those high motor types. We should have expected that he would start off shaky today seeing as he had no practice time at all with the team. He will definitely pick it up within the next few games.

18. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

She looks kinda like this dude.

[​IMG]

19. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Watching the Vipers game right now. They're playing in Bakersfield tonight and did yesterday so Conroy wouldn't have been too far. It's probably around 2 hours from the staples center, so I can't imagine that was why he wasn't signed to a 10 day.

Announcers just said that Conroy didn't show up to the gym to play in tonight's game. I don't know what that's about.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Enough roster spots.... Could have Conroy and Fortson.