1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBS Sports: Rockets the most serious "rental" team pursuing Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 13, 2012.

1. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

So basically he can only go to Boston, Dallas, New Jersey, New York, Memphis, New Orleans, San Antonio, Denver, Minnesota, Indiana, Oklahoma City, Milwaukee, Utah, Golden State, Charlotte, LAL, Phoenix, Washington, or Sacramento? Or stay in Orlando?

1 person likes this.
  2. OremLK

OremLK Member

[​IMG]

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Broussard: Fegan may want to send Dwight to a rental team like Houston

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

And keeps the NJ roster in tact so when Dwight walks away in FA... I see what Fegan is doing ;)

5. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Do it!

Use Dwight's advice and "Roll the Dice"!!!

6. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

wow. dwight howard is an ass if he wants to go to the nets just for some Fockin shoe contract. i hope d-will leaves if he signs there. lol

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I won't be terribly excited if he is 100% going to leave.

8. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Dwight has been acting like a douchebag recently. Hes handled this situation all wrong especially with his statements last night. smh.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is not a complete douche but he can't handle a situation like this.
    He is a manchild.... and child is emphasized

10. The Situation

The Situation Member

He's in San Antonio right now. I'll personally drive over there and pick him up.

But I won't be driving him to NJ after the season

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah... it was always obvious Dwight was really immature though. That's just what you're getting. He's also the most physically gifted player in the league this side of LeBron.

12. DaneB

DaneB Member

If Dwight is wanting to play out the rest of this year and then choose as a free agent he is putting himself in the best position to win. Most teams would have to gut their team in order to acquire him. At that point he could very well be in the same position he is now. He would be the lone star on a team that is able to compete but doesn't have the extra star power to get over the hump. If he were a free agent he could simply sign with the New Jersey Nets and play with Deron Williams because they are have the cap space to do so.

Dwight may be gambling with hope that the Magic may still think they have a chance to keep him. If they aren't able to make a trade worth their time, then they will just keep him.

This is where we come in. If we traded Kevin Martin, Luis Scola and Kyle Lowry for Dwight Howard and some players to make the contract work we would effectively be gutting our team. If we could save our draft pick and the NY pick, we could make a trade during the lottery for an established player. Then we may be right back in it.

If Morey is more than willing to give up everything in hopes of getting him when it may even just be for a rental, than it would be worth it in giving this team hope!

13. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

A package of Brook Lopez with bunch of other role players and the No1 pick beats whatever rockets may offer.
    Once again this trade deadline will pass and I don't see anything significant happening for Houston .:(

14. Rowdy20

Rowdy20 Member

Carlos Beltran part 2.

1 person likes this.
  15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Randy Johnson part 3.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Gotta do it even if he leaves afterwards at least rebuilding can start in earnest. If Dwight likes it in Houston there is a small chance he could convince Deron who is a TX guy to come over and sign rather than Dwight go to NJ.

Heck give ORL Lowry too open up that starting spot for Deron for next year.

17. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Carlos Beltran was Randy Johnson Part 2.

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Yep - He wants to play the I-would-have-stayed-but-they-traded-me-card. Then he's free to walk to any team (NJ, Dallas, etc) and not look like the bad guy because "you knew I was just a rental".

Please don't leave us Scola and/or Martin and make us pick up Turk's contract. When Howard bails, and he will, we'll have too much salary and too much talent to rebuild properly...we'll just suck for another 14th pick.

19. iamthefuture

iamthefuture Member

I can't believe people are seriously thinking he won't come here because of our colors. The rockets would change their colors to pink and baby blue if it improved our chances of keeping him long term.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

No it doesn't. Brook Lopez is always injured and he's not that good. Rockets have MUCH better assets than Lopez.

About the draft pick: a Nets team with D-Will + Howard for the rest of the year is going to go on a huge run and wind up barely missing the playoffs. In other words, their pick isn't going to be better than the Knicks pick. Or if so, only by 1-2 draft spots.