1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Morey give it another try to get Carmelo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Mar 14, 2012.

?

Should Morey give it another try to get Carmelo?

1. Yes

113 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. No

165 vote(s)
    59.4%
  1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Except Tmac was a better player

At least Mac passed

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

D'Antoni wasn't fired, he resigned. And even if he was fired, that doesn't prove anything.

The board isn't complaining because we don't have a star player, they're complaining because the TEAM sucks. Getting Melo won't win you games, but don't take my word for it. Just read up on George Karl and D'antoni's quotes on Melo. One is a defensive coach, the other is an offensive coach, and both of them think Melo sucks.

3. texansalltheway

The player the rockets should aggressively go after is evan turner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

7ft rebounding center or bust

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

No. I don't want anyone who refers to the Rockets as a try hard team. That reminds me of T-Mac. I only want players who play the best they can every time they're on the court.

6. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

i would rather have Parsons honestly, Parsons is way more well-rounded than Melo. and Parsons is getting better on offense with every game.

7. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

This is my point. I agree that he isn't really suited to play next to Amare but I don't see how that negates everything he's done as a player. If he was on a better more defensive/half court orientated team he could be back to being a top 10 player. As Calvin Murphy used to say not all teams are for all players.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

who would you go after melo or turner

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He wouldn't be a top 10 player if that were the case.

Superstars are superstars, they will thrive and succeed regardless.

Look at the traded superstars we've seen recently. Chris Paul, Deron Williams, James. All of these players played at a high level regardless of system and players, and mind you Melo has more talent on that team than most of the other all-stars you see.

Then you have guys like Garnett and Allen who made immediate impact on their teams a couple of years ago.

Melo may be a really good player, but if your entire team needs major adjustment to suit his wants then really you are probably better off without him.

10. acefan18

acefan18 Member

I voted yes, but only if we retain parsons, and Lowry. Starting Melo, and parsons would be a very large lineup, and would cause a world of trouble for opposing defenses. At least 1 of those players would have a mismatch every game.

11. Possum

Possum Member

HELL NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can live with him but..... try avoid ISO players unless their work ethic is like Kobe's

13. lowery

lowery Member

He does kill team morale, but if we keep Lowery and Pearsons, Melo would be a great addition to the team. I hate to see such a talented player waste himself in NY with overrated idiots like Lin and Amare

14. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

After watching tonight's game, I don't want him. He's obviously been dogging it to get rid of D'Antoni. I don't want anything to do with a player who dogs it with no regard for his team, its standing, the city, the fans, and his teammates. That level of pouting is unacceptable of a real man.

15. chosans

chosans Member

I wouldn't mind getting Melo, I actually think he's quite overrated, but I like watching him play, and he's better than everyone on our team. I would trade every player on the roster except Lowry to get him. His defense has actually improved in recent years, and he's someone you can give the ball to late in the game for clutch baskets.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah, cuz that's been working out so well in NYC.

ISO-ball is a dying breed in the NBA simply because as coaches and gms become smarter, they realize that one-on-one ball is inferior to team oriented play, just look at how the Iverson/Tim Duncan lead Olympics team got owned by scrub teams in the Olympics. Its like soccer, in the old days people always wanted the superstar who could bring the ball from goal to goal, but then they realized its easier to just pass the ball around the field rather than have someone dribble the ball while everyone watches.

17. alethios

alethios Member

I'm sure he went to management and said, it's either me or Pringles, take your pick. I'm not a big fan of D'Antoni, but I have no respect for a guy that throws you under the bus like Melo did to him. Of course, I'm just speculating here.

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i heard somewhere that d'antoni was pushing for a melo/d-will trade and they chose to stick with melo

19. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I appreciate at ISOball effort to put all Melo threads on the 1st page of the GARM

ISOBall, Pen15clubber and Yung-T like this.