1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGreat, Aug 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Shiet just got real. Mass Effect movie would be awesome with a proper director. I haven't play the game yet so I'm not sure with all the b****ing about the end of the game but you don't want to end the game that will kill it they are planning another game or even a movie.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, this was supposed to be the end of Shepard's, not the franchise. I'm not sure how they continue on without him but apparently, that's the plan. They couldn't bring Shepard back without contradicting what they've said previously.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The tweets are about the conenction between the endings and these movies, which all are about halluscination and illusions.

There already is a ME movie in the works homie, they confirmed it.

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

If the series continues with Coates(sp?) it'll be really annoying. it seems like they gave him a big role near the end for this reason

5. Cannonball

Cortez?

If they took a new character from this game and made him a protagonist, I'd probably lean towards James Vega since he was being promoted to N7.

6. Cannonball

The film (which may never be made as often happens) would retell the events of the first game.

There's an animated film coming out is a ME3 prequel about James Vega.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

No. Coats. The guy who says "omg everyone is dead" when you get hit by harbingers laser running to the citadel beam. You first meet him when you return to earth and Anderson introduces you

8. Cannonball

OK. If they were trying to pump him up, they did a poor job because I had to think hard to remember who he was.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    idk I think he was randomly introduced and thrown into a main (ish) role pretty fast. He was the one coordinating a lot of the stuff during the last mission and it was his voice you often heard on the com link. Not to mention that I think it's interesting that he's the one who says "they're all dead."

They kind of did the same thing by introducing Captain Kirrhae on Virmire in the first game. But it's different this time, because:

1) he's human
    2) he survived 100%
    3) he announces that shepard is dead.

10. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

The ending was horrifically bad. If they had some plan to alter the end after a while or whatever the new theory is, it doesn't matter. Nothing will take away the bitterness that enduring the ending(s) after the first play through caused. Just a bunch of nonsense.

Years from now when they do stories about the worst endings of all time this will be on it.

11. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

LOL. Comments like this make me wanna not play this

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    It's just that NOTHING about the last 10 mins made any sense whatsoever.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

So have any of your successfully ended the game without Shepard dying? Apparently from reading all of the comments, it's inevitable that Shepard dies. And from what I've read, Shepard has to die in order for there to be a ME4?

14. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

There is a "perfect" ending where he doesn't die. Not that it makes any more sense than the others, so why that would help with ME4, I don't know.

If they did a ME4, I'd just say set it in the past. Could explain things not covered in the ME trilogy. I'd get specific, but want to avoid spoilers.

edit: Clearly I prefer male Shepard, given my pronoun usage.

15. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Yes, I've gotten the ending where Shepard lives. And no, Shepard doesn't have to die for ME4 or any other ME game. The end of this trilogy is the end of telling Shepard's story from the player's POV.

16. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Can we rename Shepard Courtney Lee?

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

I really hope they don't do a prequel. It doesn't make sense to do so. Is it true like someone else have said that ME3 ignores most of our decisions in ME1&2?

I named one of mine Jesus. It seems very fitting with the last name.

18. RC Cola

Why does a prequel not make sense, especially if certain things don't get explained?

I'd probably be more interested in a prequel than a sequel to be honest.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    What doesn't get explained before the first Mass Effect?

Most of the Prothean struggle is explained through the three games and the From Ashes DLC. The Rachni Wars are explained. The Krogan Rebellion is explained. The Geth/Quarian conflict is explained. The first contact war is explained. There's really nothing that is left a mystery.

Whereas the end is just a jumble of randomness that is not explained. You have no idea the outcome of the species/systems or anything else.

20. RC Cola

I thought I read that a lot of the Reaper origin was still unexplained, although I guess they do touch on it somewhat. Expanding on it more might be interesting though, as would some of those other topics. Do a Crisis Core or something. More interesting than a sequel IMO, especially depending on where things go (e.g., no reapers, no mass relays, etc.). As mentioned before, I didn't play the game, but I got the impression they didn't answer some of these things in the game (certainly didn't answer them to my liking in ME1 and ME2). Maybe I'm wrong.

Better yet, just ignore most of the events and come up with something else interesting in the universe (which can't be called a sequel or prequel). Blasto Effect.