1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGreat, Aug 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Maybe. But that would mean unless your previous character picked the destroy ending Shepard would be the enemy...

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Wait so should 3 be bought or not?

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just to add, they always said ME3 will be the end of the Shepard trilogy, not the ME universe. They also stated we should keep our ME3 saves for the future, this is one of the biggest hints.
    And here's one from their official twitter:
    fan asks: " its not that the ending was taken in the wrong direction its that it makes NO SENSE. Ashley was on the Normandy? she with me"

reply: "Probably a good thing to be cautious of."

or another tweet: "if you just finished today then I would advise that you sit down (AFK) with a warm beverage & think about it a bit :) Seriously."

It all supports the theory that the endings were not real and they have plans for the future.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, it's awesome except for the last 10 minutes. You still don't wanna miss it.

5. RedRedemption

Meh. There's a fine line between what Mass Effect 3 did and what Inception at the end of the movie.

Mass Effect 3 tried too hard to make everything subtle and provoked anger rather than speculation.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Get it. I've bought it, but I haven't played it yet. Waiting for everything to settle down a bit and a more complete wiki page for ME3 :grin:
    Besides, we've spent at least 50 hours on ME & ME2, so might as well get the last installment.

I've prepared mentally to be disappointed by the ending. But what's most disappointing to me is the no player-vs-player mode like Halo.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I know, it is a PR disaster. Look at amazon, the game has 2 1/2 stars there and the outrage on forums is huge. They also turn off newcomers with the endings, heard many stories where people won't buy ME1 and 2 now with the frustration and seeming uselessness of your previous ME&ME2 choices.

I still think the endings were a hallucination, but you have to make it clear instead of leaving the customer confused/angry. Bad move by Bioware.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Another theory states that the 1M1 you see in the last minutes on the wall stands for 15, meaning the Asian release date. Speculation that they hide the real endings to not spoiler it for all the Asian guys, meaning they could be unlocked after the game is released there.

There was a tweet where a producer said "don't be too quick to judge, your game could be different the next time you play through it".
    That tweet was weird.

9. RedRedemption

I hated the little boy throughout the game though. Chasing him through the dream in slow-motion was r****ded.

10. RedRedemption

Maybe he's referencing the fact that you can play through multiple playthroughs. Most people play through 3. Or maybe level 50 on the hardest difficulty will unlock the real ending? Kinda like Halo's legendary endings...

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

OK so wtf is going on with this ME3??

If it wasn't for me having spent so much time on the first two, I probably wouldn't play the third. Weird that they did everything so well, then suddenly decide to lay a huge egg in the end.

If this trend continues, then I can't imagine how bad Dragon Age 3 will be. I mean Origins was boss, then the second one went the r****ded route.

12. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Just read amazon reviews. Everyone says ending is terrible. If I didn't love 2 so much, there is no way I would buy 3. Darn

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Having ME3 basically end with a teaser for ME4 (kind of like Matrix Reloaded) would be another crappy thing for Bioware to have done. That said, if ME4 made sense of the ending and rectified it, I'd be thrilled.

14. Cannonball

If something like that happened, it wouldn't simply unlock on a certain date. You can fool the game as to what day it is simply by changing the console settings. In Arkham City, you could change the dates to get different dialogue from Calendar Man. If Bioware did something like that (which would again be a bad move since they know people would beat it before the "real" ending was unlocked), they'd likely do it through some downloadable update (which would still suck for people without internet access).

If there was anything to these kinds of rumors, BioWare should just spill it instead of hinting at **** that may not exist.

I heard there was a "secret" ending if you did a new game +. But I found out later that they count the ME2 save as NG+ and I'd already seen the "secret" ending which is the little scene at the end of the credits. Lame.

15. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

Is it worth the effort to complete all the Citadel side missions? You get so many from just walking around.

16. Cannonball

Depends. They can increase your war assets. If you have over 4,000 Effective Military Strength, then you're able to unlock a better ending, depending on certain other choices.

Personally, I did everything I could do, but because I didn't do multiplayer or any ios games, my readiness stayed at 50% and my EMS was 3,850. I know I was penalized for the way I used the fleet to save the council in ME1 and that caused me to lose 1/3 of some of the Alliance Fleets. That might've pushed me over the edge. So I wasn't able to unlock this particular ending.

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The bad thing is, the "better" ending just helps add to the confusion.

18. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Yes, only 4000+ EMS is required to get the "perfect" ending. However, there is one caveat to having 4000-4999 EMS.

According to IGN, to get the "perfect" ending with 4000-4999 EMS you must do the interrupt to save Anderson from being executed by The Illusive Man. I wasn't able to test this since I had 5000+ EMS at the end. If you've got 5000+ EMS, you can get the "perfect" ending regardless of what happens with Anderson and TIM.

Here's a tip regarding the final calculation of EMS:

Your final EMS is calculated when you begin the priority mission "Assault the Cerberus Base". Make sure you have all the assets and EMS you need before starting the mission.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Some new tweets:

Is there going to be a statement to address your fans discontent with ME3's ending? We're all waiting for something..Please guys

Mass Effect‏@
    @nozilna Stay tuned for all news via http://www.masseffect.com

Dan Bradshaw ‏ @DanCoys
    @masseffect Do you like the movie The 6th Sense or Shutter Island? I like those films. *wink wink*

‏ @masseffect
    @dancoys Ha! Think we know what you are getting at.

Robert Cooper ‏ @robertcooper45
    ...or to be more precise about my previous comment, I was disappointed in the LACK of impact my choices had on @masseffect 3's ending.

‏ @masseffect
    @robertcooper45 "There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." Name that movie.

20. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Awesome. Thanks for the tweets. I'd seen few so far and the ones I've seen have said something along the lines of "We want to wait until everyone has played the game before we say anything." Looks like they've got something up their sleeve. I just hope it's something good.