1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 12, 2012.

1. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

why sam? I would rather give them the 09 busts, and save some money next season boy not picking up sam's team option...Saves us about 5mil that way.

2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Sadly, I think this will be the case.

3. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

A whole lot of expiring contracts, Luis Scola, Dragic, and Parsons for Gasol and junk.

4. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

Any number of the 09'ers get shipped for garbage or picks.

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

As long as Jordan Hill or Thabeet are gone, I will be happy.

6. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

I can actually see it happening, and would be a dream come true. :):cool:

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

denver gets: 09ers
    houston gets: miller and affalo

sucks denver won't do the trade though

8. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

I can see:

Hasheem Thabeet+Johnny Flynn+Jordan Hill+Luis Scola to NOH for Okafor and Minnie Pick

then

K-Mart+Goran Dragic+Terrence Williams to PHI for Evan Turner and 2012 PHI first-round pick.

9. allanivan

allanivan Member

Switch Chase Budinger with Terrence Williams, You have to give New Orleans some young prospect with cheap contract.;)

10. allanivan

allanivan Member

OMG, I will start crying if that happens...that will be amazing

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Sam is partially guaranteed next year for 1.5M... We can pay him 6.7M or buy sam out before next season for 1.5M ... so we save that 1.5 by trading his contract... next team can pay or buyout... not that having him under contract for 6.7M next year is bad... but I think NO is gonna want something beyond expirings...

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

A trade of this nature would be more like Morey's style. Why use the bulk of our players to get Gasol and fillers when we could use those players to get Kaman, Smith, Okafor and a pick? Plus, wouldn't that make a better team than just adding Gasol?
    Three seperate trades:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7e2dtzv

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=892tyej

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=79dgk98

13. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

14. Onepaks

Onepaks Member

Thabeet cbud hill Morris to no for okafor and unprotected wolves pick
    Martin to minny for Beasley Randolph
    Dragic scola and a second round pick for gasol

Daly okafor
    Gasol patpat Randolph
    Beasley parsons
    Lee williams
    Lowry Flynn

We upgrade both our forward position but downgrade our guards
    The key here is if okafor is healthy, he and Sam can be a good center combination.
    Plus we might end up with 3 lotto picks

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

1. Emeka Okafor and one of New Orleans's first rounders (2012) for Houston Expirings (Flynn, Lee, Hill, Dragic, or others) or low value salaries, possibly only Kevin Martin.

2. Kevin Martin and Luis Scola (Houston Rockets) for Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson (Milwaukee)

3. Nick Young, Javale McGee, and Roger Mason (Washington Wizards) for Kevin Martin (Houston)

4. Kevin Martin, Jordan Hill, and Goran Dragic for Gerald Wallace, Marcus Camby, and Portland's first (2012 or 2013)

5. (Detroit decides they want to make a run at the playoffs, right on the heels of the Cavs, Knicks, and Bucks) Jason Maxiell, Ben Wallace, 2012 first round pick pick, and Jonas Jerebko for Kevin Martin, Jordan Hill, and Terrence Williams

6. Pau Gasol, Troy Murphy, and Steve Blake for Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Chase Budinger, Goran Dragic, and Jordan Hill.
    7. Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, and Goran Dragic for Faried, Mozgov, and 2012 First Round pick.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Martin, Scola, and Dragic are gone. I think Bogut is coming with maybe Jackson and a draft pick. Probably more than two teams involved. This team is a mess.

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The whole roster is traded for Josh Smith and Dwight Howard and parts.

Smith and Howard are then benched for the rest of the season with irritable bowl syndrome. #timduncan

Lose the rest of the season and get a top ten pick. Sign Deron in the offseason and bring over Llull and Moti.

18. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

At previous deadlines, Morey was comfortable making small, smart moves to collect talent or picks. I think this year's different because he's running out of time to show a return on all the small moves. The pressure's on to make a big move that at least potentially can take the team to the next level. I still think there's a good chance they work out a deal for Gasol, maybe involving a third team to get the Lakers their point guard. Martin and Scola are gone.

Of course, there's also a good chance Morey trades for someone who hasn't been mentioned in any of the rumors, someone who hasn't even shown up on anyone's radar.

One way or the other, I think I think there will be a deal.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Budinger, Hill, and and a lot of statistical information to milwaukee

Martin, twill, and flowers to cleveland

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

i think morey made up his mind and knows who hes's getting. probly just waiting til the deadline to reveal who we got and traded