1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers: All Flash, No Value

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JMAD21, Mar 2, 2012.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i don't see what you're so mad about.

so you're upset that espn and the media is suggesting they are more of a contender than the rockets? as if they aren't?!

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Clippers have to get production from both Caron Butler and Mo Williams to make a run in the playoffs.

I just checked the box score from last night and Bobby Simmons had 13 points. What in the world?

3. arjun

arjun Member

LOL......i wish i could SIG this whole post.

Clippers are good, they will be even better. Losing Billups hurts, but I won't be a bit surprised to see them in the conf finals.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

they signed him 3 days ago.

have some objectivity, clutchfans. this team is not a flash in the pan regardless of the attention they are getting.

The Rockets and Clippers will meet in the first round.

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I heard the Clips are making a run after Ray. Would be an ideal addition to this team but who can they give to the C's? They need youth and talent

6. spressa

spressa Member

if you wanted to be "real" then you shouldn't say that cp3 is "overrated".

dude is the #1 pg in the league. there's a reason why the hornets were even relevant before - the moment you took him off? they are the 2nd to worse team in the league record wise. any team with cp3 is a contender.

You're on point somewhat about blake griffin. If you're a heavy fantasy basketball player, you'd realize blake is good for points and rebounds -that's it. David lee gives you that same sort of production without the highlight dunks while being able to knock down a high % of his free throws. what blake does do well is this - he brings ppl into the stands - what like what yao used to do for us.

7. VBG

VBG Member

Bledsoe will probably go.

Ray would be perfect for the team. He's a tough defender and makes plays without needing the ball in his hands.

I agree with everyone that says CP3 is the number 1 PG in the NBA. He is exactly what I want in my PG. Not saying that Rose and Deron Williams are far behind but CP3 is the standard

8. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

They're 21-12. That's pretty good.

No, they won't go far in the playoffs, but they're not of "no value."

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Rose is a completly different player. He's like Westbrook and all that new generation. Athletic shooting guards who love to score playing point guards.

CP3 and Deron (like Rondo to) are more of traditional point guards. And don't forget about Deron, I'd say CP3=Deron. You just don't see that because Pauls plays on a contending team and Deron had to work with a bunch of D-Leaguers

10. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I'm not going to dog them because I've enjoyed watching them play but if we end up being matched up with them in the frist round I'll take it. We match up pretty well with them, the only clear mismatch for us is Griffin.

11. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Yo he was in New Orleans from 2005 to 2011, made it out of 1st round only once that is really not that impressive. I can understand the 2011 season (David West got hurt), 2010 he got hurt (Fine). 2009 that team didn't even put up a fight vs the Nuggets, lost 4-1.

Hes had adequate help he just hasn't accomplished much, thats the truth

This Clippers team can't play any defense, they remind me of a Phoenix Suns 04-07 Lite version. They're not as lethal offensively as that team but they're a worse defensive team than them

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

No. I dont like how every thing Blake or his clippers do is made out like its such a huge thing! I don't like how people are so far up Blake griffins butt because he can jump high!

I agree with a lot of posts here that they have potential to be really good one day, but I'm not buying it this season

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Chris Paul is great, I just don't think he is better than Rose, I think he's right there with DWill as the 2nd or 3rd best PG in the league

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Clips aren't a dangerous team. For one thing, they have no depth. Another reason is they have a horrible coach. I think Lin's Knicks are more dangerous than LA CLips.

15. houseofglass21

The Clippers are my most hated team in the NBA now. Flake Griffin is one of the most arrogant players in the league. Chris Paul is one of the worst floppers and looks like a meerkat.

First round exit at best for the Clippers.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Paul had far less help than Melo. Do you blame Garnett for getting out of the first round once in Minnesota?

17. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

As I see, most of the users on Clutchfans are just upset and jealous people.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

I dont see anything wrong with clippers... People love em and they bring alot to the table..........
    [​IMG]

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Righttttt

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Tonights game is making me look like a genius!

Suns in control and Blake has just 12 points and 6 rebounds