1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boston is aggressively shopping Rondo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by srrono, Feb 29, 2012.

1. srrono

srrono Member

What would you give for Rondo?

Boston is aggressively shopping Rondo, according to sources. The Celtics find Rondo's personality to be too high-maintenance and his clashes with coach Doc Rivers continue. With the Celtics having realized they are no longer title contenders, they don't believe the payoff is worth the headaches Rondo brings, sources say. And they do not want to build around him. ESPN.com

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

2. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I'd bet the Lakers are aggressively buying. :p

3. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Here come the:

"I think we should get involved.
    Rondo to LA
    Gasol to Hou
    Martin & Scola & Dragic to Bos"

You know it's coming.

4. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Not too surprised by this move. The Celtics are clearly on the cusp of a complete rebuild and they don't want Rondo to be the cornerstone of that rebuilding job.

He is what Bill Simmons would call a neutral table guy. He brings a lot of stuff to the table. He can make plays out of nowhere in the halfcourt offense, he has a nose for the ball and he gets to the hoop really well.

But he also takes a lot of things off of the table, namely, he can't shoot.

5. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Why would boston do that over taking Gasol who is one of the best big men. MArtin is a clone and redundant with Allen who is still reliable and in shape with no signs of slowing down. Scola is a much worse downgrade from Gasol. Dragic is just a decent guard. Maybe depth, but you dont trade that for a special peice like gasol.

6. munco

munco Member

he has flaws. namely he has a suspect jumper, but he's the celtics best player and their best somewhat young player. they trade him and they're in complete rebuild mode.

7. what

what Member

I would think that it would require bynum. If I'm the lakers, i'd give them bynum for rondo. It is a fair deal.

8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

lakers offered bynum straight up for dwight, i think they value bynum a lot more than rondo. celtics would have to throw in some more assetts

9. prs325

prs325 Member

Ahh... That won't happen. The Lakers wont even give Bynum for Dwight. The Celtics might as well trade Rondo to the Magic:rolleyes:

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I WOULD GIVE UP THE WHOLE TEAM FOR RONDO.

11. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Over Lowry??? You're crazy....
    I could see him going to LA, just don't know what LA has to offer.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

How do we know he's not going to have issues here too? If a guy like KG can get along with Rivers and Rondo can't, then rondo's issues probably go further than being just a bad fit on the team or that coach.

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I know I am biased, because Rajon Rondo is my second player in the NBA after T-Mac, but getting him is better than anything we can do right now for this team.

We aren't going to win a playoff series like this, and all the players on our team are replaceable, except Lowry. But when you have Rondo why do you need Lowry?

14. lalala902102001

The Lakers are willing to give up Gasol for a good PG. Would Boston take Gasol? I doubt it. It's mind boggling that Boston still believes that they have a shot at the championship and are willing to trade their only young star to get that shot. They need to start thinking rebuilding.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Rondo is supposed to be a pain in the ass to be around and work with. Not exactly a good thing if you're rebuilding since it it can rub off on young players. Right now their vets can take it for the most part but they're respected in the locker room and they been there, done that. The vets have even come out and said Rondo is annoying at times. The guy is talented as hell and is a winner so it must be a locker room thing.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good that you admit it. Those are not the Top talents in the league.
    What about new second favorite player for a change?

17. jjgfour

jjgfour Member

What are you smoking? Rajon Rondo is not a top talent in the league?

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

New second favourite player?

haha, I am undeterred.

I traded for Rajon Rondo the first thing I did when I played Association Mode. Rajon Rondo was a beast. Kevin Martin is not very happy right now, Lee is one of the many Pietrus'/Matthews'/Dudleys/Hendersons in the league.

What I would do is do Lowry + filler for Gasol and blowup the rest of the team for Rondo.

Something like, Lowry + Scola + Draft Pick for Gasol

Martin + Budinger + Dragic + Dalembert for Rondo

Rondo
    Lee
    Parsons
    Patterson
    Gasol

thats better than the farm team we currently field for the rest of the NBA.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Definitely crazy.

Lowry, in less minutes, is averaging more points, steals, rebounds and fewer turnovers. Rondo's got him on assists, but Kyle's got him on true shooting %. Kyle's got a higher PER.

and oh, btw, he makes half as much as rondo.

I understand trading lowry if something better actually comes along.

but trading lowry and scola for gasol, to then try and get Rondo? That's r****ded. I don't think the Celtics would trade Rondo straight up for Gasol. Lowry is playing better than Rondo at much better value. Why would the Rockets then trade Lowry AND Scola for Gasol? It doesn't make sense.

You keep Lowry, absent acquiring Dwight, or Deron to acquire Dwight, because he's maybe the best value in the league right now - excluding players still on rookie contracts. nobody gives you what he gives you at that type of salary.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Stop trying to trade for Gasol.
    Why the hell do we want to trade for a ticking time bomb when we won't be contenders anytime soon?