1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pau Gasol potential trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Glenyo, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

i would still take monroe because he shows alot of promise and is young.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

There's a difference between being more valuable as an asset and better as a player.

3. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Maybe the Rockets should think about adding a draft pick to the mix instead of getting one back for once. Gasol-Martin-Lowry would be a great core. That team would be a contender. But that's probably just wishful thinking. It's highly unlikely L.A. would trade Gasol if Lowry wasn't part of the deal.

4. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

You just contradict yourself, as your last line states i was happy with aquiring pau when also we where going to aquire NENE' "remember" im stating i dont want lowry to be involved for the pau trade. You just sound dumb.

5. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Wow, you're quickly becoming one of the worst posters in the GARM. Show me evidence that Pau is declining, and show me evidence that Lowry is the key to the next Lakers "legacy."

6. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

hahaha yeah righto mate, why go after an ageing vet and get rid of a youngish superstar in the making? If we keep lowry im all for pau to be on the team. Just not at the expense of lowry... Have i made that clear enough for you?

7. jjgfour

jjgfour Member

I'm not giving up a rising star for a somewhat declining star. Lowry has been the most productive player on the team and I'm surprised some people still agree on packaging Lowry for Gasol. Dragic is a good PG, but Lowry has been playing awesome this season. If we can keep Lowry on the team then I'd be happy to have Gasol on the team, but other than that, no. If it's Dragic/Scola or Flynn/Scola then I'd trade. As much as I love having Scola on the team, he is getting old. Might as well get as much value as we can from him.

8. CDave

CDave Member

Just talking about Rocket fans in general not necessarily calling you out. I think it's fine you don't want to see a deal involving those two players changing teams. I don't know why you have to cast dispersions on Gasol's play while you're making that point however.

9. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

Age is his worst enemy, and people tend to decline as they age... Is that too much of an outragoues statement?

10. Ricksmith

Has Pau ever had an injury history? Does his game rely on athleticism? He's 31, but you're acting like he's 41. Players that are smart and know how to take care of themselves last longer.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lowry gets some rest and his legs back. He proceeds to go 4/4 from 3 while dropping 26 & 5.

12. jjgfour

jjgfour Member

I agree. Gasol has been playing pro-basketball since 1998 and entered the NBA in 2001! That's a pretty long career. He's still productive, but it's natural to state that he is declining because he's 31 and not getting any younger. Though we're only halfway into the season, Gasol's PPG and FG% has dropped and he's still averaging the same amount of minutes. Though that could change from worse to better at the end of the season, you also have to put into account on why the Lakers have had him on trade block for quite awhile. Gasol is considered the second scoring option and he is playing with Kobe and Bynum, so you'd think they'd be a force to be reckoned with again, but the fact is that Gasol isn't playing as well as he used to. We are currently tied with them for 5th in the West and that is much due to our floor general, Kyle Lowry. For years Houston has been looking for a legit young PG and now that we've finally have one, some of you really agree to trade him for a 31-year old who the Lakers are just trying to get as much trade value for him before it declines much more? Age catches up with everyone and I'd take many years of productive from Lowry than 2 or so years from Gasol. If it means "win-now" then I'm up for acquiring Gasol if we keep Lowry.

13. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

go look at the poll, i rest my case.

14. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

This thread has gotten funny....

But Feigen proved my general point, Pau is highly undervalued on this board and the Lakers are not going to give up their best (and only) advantage against OKC and Dallas unless they get Dwight or CP3 kind of player.

I don't think they would do a Pau / Lowry trade so clearly when we have to add more pieces it isn't a trade worth even talking about. Morey knows LA isn't giving up Pau for nothing and he isn't going to pay that price unless he facilitates Dwight to LA like I posted above.

15. Ricksmith

:rolleyes: You make a poll on a ROCKETS forum about trading our best player for someone on the LAKERS... and then you do it on a night when Lowry has a good game, gee, I wonder how that poll will result. Whether you like it or not, Pau is the better player, and if Morey wants to trade Kyle and Scola for Gasol, he'll do it without hesitation of what ClutchFans thinks.

16. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

Pau is the better player, but for how much longer? Baring injuries Lowry will be a top 5 PG in the next year or so. I'll put my house on it.

17. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Well Pau IS declining, but I don't think Lowry is a key to any legacy.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lex (LA)
    It seems like the Gasol to the Rockets rumors are starting to come back again. Do you think in the end Gasol will get dealt?

Chad Ford (1:02 PM)
    I do. The Lakers aren't winning a championship with the team that's currently constructed. They are also in danger of sinking into mediocrity if they don't start adding some young talent back fast. I think the Rockets are serious contenders. So are the TWolves and Bulls. Maybe the Magic if part of a larger deal with Bynum for Dwight Howard.

19. Spooner

Spooner Member

Pau isn't declining. His production has been around where it has always been. The only thing that has changed is the dramatic increase in Bynum's touches.....

20. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

Houston still wants Gasol, and a package of Luis Scola and Kyle Lowry could perhaps get it done. But the Rockets, as much as they like Gasol, do not want to lose Lowry, sources say. With the point guard enjoying a breakout season -- and the Rockets winning as well -- Houston wants to build around Lowry. ESPN.com